Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

My dd has had a yes to Elmhurst finals from last Tuesday's audition she was thrilled, now waiting on Royal and SS, didn't audition at any other schools, huge well done to everyones DC who auditioned and good luck to everyone waiting ????

Edited by Snowflake
  • Like 7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently in a state of amazed shock - I have just had an email from the Royal and my DD has been invited back for Finals!  She's currently in a dance lesson and I haven't been able to tell her yet but I am so delighted and tearful, all at the same time.  We were expecting a thanks but no thanks from the Royal and hoping for an invite for Elmhurst (we haven't heard from them yet) and she told me this afternoon that she wasn't expecting to get any callbacks so this is just brilliant.  I will come back down to earth eventually.

• Like 14

No we didn't get WL finals last year, only Elmhurst so really unexpected.  Her JA (now MA) teacher did tell me last year that she had the talent but not enough polish, this year she told me she looked really good during the audition session.  Just amazed, particularly as she received a nomination a couple of days before Christmas to attend the 2017 IDTA Dance Theatre Awards (apparently too late for this year's awards).  Fingers crossed for her that all goes well on the day

• Like 3

Well our letter hasn't arrived due to a typo and it being sent to the wrong address so the school were good enough to email us the letter and unfortunately it's a no for dd this year! Quite sad as she made it to finals last year so feels like taking a step back, but then to be honest we started out the season expecting all no's as dd is trying for year 8, she doesn't have a lot of experience and she doesn't get the amount of hours in as most children her age, so we are just going to be very grateful for the Hammond and Tring finals, and hope and pray that she gets funding...and if not then it wasn't meant to be and she will continue to enjoy dancing and if she wants to try again next year (which I'm sure she will) then we shall try again then!! Good luck to those still waiting and a massive congratulations to the yes letters received today :D

• Like 3

Yes she's fine about it thank you, obviously a little disappointed but she was fully expecting 4 no's this year so to have 2 yes' she's thrilled!! We take it all with a pinch of salt, if it's meant to be it will be and if not there's always tomorrow!! ;)

• Like 1

Also she has told me that she knows it will be a no from the Royal as she didn't dance her best at all, the flu she had last week has left her with the sniffles and a stuffy head and she said she just couldn't get into it, so we are taking it as 2 out of 4 ain't bad lol

• Like 1

Lema, so sorry about Elmhurst but, as others have said, truely fantastic that your daughter has got 2 yes's.  Such an achievement on it's own, particuarly when it is harder with fewer places being available for the older years.  We have yet to hear from Elmhurst although my DD is expecting a yes as she said she saw Mr Parker say to the person next to him that he definitely wanted her back again (I said to her are you sure he wasn't saying somthing like "oh I see she's back again", trying to keep her feet on the ground a bit). 

Have any other Royal results come out from the Bath audition (I think that was the first one on the calendar)?

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be lovely Lema if she heard correctly but I think getting this result will lessen any impact a yes or no from Elmhurst will give her now.  She refused to audition at Hammond or Tring so if she gets a 50% success rate like your DD, that's good enough for me.  And it does prove that persistence can pay off whereas giving up at the first no gets them nowhere in the dance world. 

• Like 2

Exactly!! And what an achievement she has made!! If you don't mind me asking, why did she refuse to audition at Tring/Hammond? Does she just not like the schools?

She hasn't even seen the schools so I don't really know why other than, for her, it's all about ballet and the Royal and has to be WL or Elmhurst.  Other people have told me (and her) a lot of positive things about the other schools, including her local teacher who went to Hammond several years ago now, but she says it's not for her.  Whether she'll change her mind another year, who knows.

• Like 1

Awww okay, bless her she obviously knows her own mind, and at the end of the day they have to be comfortable at a school so why audition for somewhere she doesn't want to go, smart girl! Well I really hope she gets finals for Elmhurst and enjoys White Lodge, we had a lovely day around Richmond last year while dd was there, it really is beautiful!

• Like 1

... And even if it all ends in a final no like last year then at least she had the will to go and try again!!

Absolutely! There's a lot of DD's (and mums) out there who didn't have the will to try again for yr8, my DD included!! No matter what I said she would not budge on auditioning again this year and is insistent about putting it off until next year. 

Fingers crossed you hear about funding soon :)

• Like 1

I think it is absolutely right that children and their parents should choose the school that is right for them :) 

I knew from the first moment I saw Tring that I wanted my dc to train there...there was a magical feel to the school. 

Also the ballet training there is very good; let's not forget that 3 children from Tring were selected for RBS Upper school last year...which suggests that the ballet training is of a very high standard so definitely worth not discounting :)

• Like 5

Absolutely! There's a lot of DD's (and mums) out there who didn't have the will to try again for yr8, my DD included!! No matter what I said she would not budge on auditioning again this year and is insistent about putting it off until next year.

Fingers crossed you hear about funding soon :)

Thank you Annaliesey and I think we can all understand why your dd needed a years breathing space!! I hope she does audition next year and has every success, an if not then I hope she's happy in whatever she chooses to do xx

• Like 2

So sorry to hear your news lema, thinking of you and your dd. dance fanatic- well done to your dd amazing news! Feeling even more nervous now the first emails are out. I may have to trawl last years post now to see how much longer the others took!

• Like 1