Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

Fantastic news dancefanatic, what an achievement for your dd, I wish her all the best for finals!!

Very sorry for your no for now mom2dancingkenz and what a great motto your dd has, the perfect attitude for this business!!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry for the no mom2dancingkenz but lovely attitude your DD has.  I don't know how our DC have so much strength but last year's no's have made my daughter even more determined which shows in this year's results.  Now just the stress of finals to get through which won't be easy. 

• Like 1

Well done to everyone who has heard back and got a yes.  You must be so giddy!  The suspense is killing me.  I'm waiting to hear if dd has a yes or no following auditions for WL and Mids in Manchester.  We went on 20th January has anyone else heard yet?  Been having problems with my email and I'm paranoid I'm going to miss it.  I'll be so glad to know if its a yes or a no...what a rollercoaster.  Good luck to everyone x

Thank you so much for all the congratulations, we are still a little bit in shock. Ds is so excited, can't stop dancing. Thank you very much for all the helpful information about the day itself, sounds quite straight forward. My Ds auditioned in London, he loved every minute.

Good luck to all the other parents waiting anxiously for results, it's totally horrible, have never felt so nervous in my entire life......and I guess I will have to go through it all over again, although I'm glad to hear that the wait is not as long, that's a blessing.

I have everything crossed for all your beautiful dancers!!

• Like 1

Well done to all the yes's and it is definitely only a no not now.My DD proved that. Auditioned 1 school at yr6 got a no then for year 8 got two yes's She had 3 fabulous years in Lower school then straight in to a Upper school(many offers)with a Dada. It can and does happen. Best wishes to those still waiting for results.x

• Like 13

My dd took it surprisingly well considering Elmhurst is pretty much top of her wish list of schools, she just said there was no point getting upset over it, she knew there was very little chance in year 8 and being upset won't change the result!! I was very proud of her attitude actually :) And Yes it is really hard because you wonder what's changed from last year, is it your dd, is it what they are looking for or is it just that they don't take many year 8's through to finals?? We'll never know but you still wonder don't you.

Looking back when my GDD got to Yr 8 final for WL, there were only 4 girls. 2 from the UK 1 from Sweden and a Spanish girl.

• Like 2

Well our letter hasn't arrived due to a typo and it being sent to the wrong address so the school were good enough to email us the letter and unfortunately it's a no for dd this year! Quite sad as she made it to finals last year so feels like taking a step back, but then to be honest we started out the season expecting all no's as dd is trying for year 8, she doesn't have a lot of experience and she doesn't get the amount of hours in as most children her age, so we are just going to be very grateful for the Hammond and Tring finals, and hope and pray that she gets funding...and if not then it wasn't meant to be and she will continue to enjoy dancing and if she wants to try again next year (which I'm sure she will) then we shall try again then!! Good luck to those still waiting and a massive congratulations to the yes letters received today :D

Sorry to hear this Lema - hope your dd is ok? The whole process is so stressful. Year 10 is a big audition year so hope she keeps going.

Edited by Waitingmum
  • Like 1

Ds is fine thank you waitingmum and I don't think it will put her off, think we just need to look at taking on more classes if possible and then We'll see what happens at finals, although not getting our hopes up as we know only too well that having finals doesn't mean you'll get an offer, and look at what she wants to do from there :)

Looking back when my GDD got to Yr 8 final for WL, there were only 4 girls. 2 from the UK 1 from Sweden and a Spanish girl.

Thanks for this vonrothbart, knowing there were only 4 last year gives us something to work with I guess, we knew odds were against the year 8's but didn't have a clue on how many actually got through!

• Like 1

Oh my goodness vonrothbart!  I hadn't realised it could be as few as only 4 called back for Y8 at WL!!  That really does put my DD's result in an extraordinary light to me *gulp*  I had gathered that there may only be 1 place available anyway so had assumed they wouldn't be too cruel to call lots back but still....

• Like 2

Yeah I should have mentioned they didn't take any of them sadly for us, but the competition is very good year on year, so it's just a case of battling on until the next opportunity comes around. In the meantime there's always the festivals, IDTA events etc etc, to keep us all going, until the next audition finals come around. :)   

Sorry, don't know Balletqueen but one person was offered a place in year 8 last year. She used to go to my daughter's associates, and from what I heard she had never got into JAs (or WL yr 7), but then they offered her a full time place for year 8!

So, just goes to show you NEVER know what will happen, and it seems sometimes they suddenly decide they want someone who previously had no success there. One thing I have learned about Royal is there is no point trying to predict what they will or won't do. Just go with it if it happens. And I guess equally if you don't try you will never know if they would have!

Edited by amos73
  • Like 4