Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

We got a no from The Hammond. The letter came through this morning so very quick. DD is home is home today as have to leave early for Elmhurst's audition tomorrow. She's taken it surprisingly well. I feel it's a front though.

How do I keep her from giving up after one no when she has another audition tomorrow?

Sorry to hear this - I hope your DD doesn't let it get her down and do keep trying....just look at Straceydor's DD - our children have to be resilient in this ballet world!  Good luck at Elmhurst tomorrow!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really pleased to say that my dd after 2 years of having no from auditions, she has finally got a yes from the Hammond.  We have just got to hope that we can get funding

This is brilliant news straceydor!  Our DD's auditioned together at The Hammond 2 years ago and I'm so pleased for you!  Good luck for funding - I'll keep my fingers crossed!! xxx

Wow a very unexpected yes for my dd from the Hammond today!! Sorry to hear your bad news mom2dancingkenz, I hope your dd doesn't let it put her off her game and I wish her all the luck in the world for her next audition

Congratulations Lema! Good luck for funding.

I'm quite shocked to see that I have to pay a registration fee before being given the details of the MDS audition, £155 is a lot of money to pay out considering she could still end up with a no??

2 years ago it was only £60 but we felt it was worth it then to ensure that DD had a place regardless of outcomes of the other auditions which were still to take place (big difference in 2 years up to £155).  However, the Tring registration fee of £2,250 was a much bigger debate !!!  Good luck x

• Like 1

Our issue is that ddwont be able to take up a place without an mds, and Tring you don't have to pay the fee if you know you can't accept the place without funding, whereas Hammond it seems you have to pay the fee to be able to even go to the funding audition?

Whilst I don't agree with having to pay a fee to secure a place before the funding audition, it may well be that Hammond will offer bursaries to those offered places but not MDS as they do have their own funding also. It might still not make it affordable for everyone but it is something to bear in mind.

Yes you have to return the form with the registration fee and then your sent a pack with the audition information, or that's how it reads on the letter at least? I just think that if you need mds then you obviously can't afford the fees so £155 is quite a lot of money to pay out to register your interest in the school, surely if you wasn't interested then you wouldn't have paid the audition fee in the first place or accepted the invitation to funding audition? I know at Tring you only pay the registration fee if you are actually accepting the place and can afford the fees if mds is not awarded, so those on lower incomes who can't afford to accept the place without funding don't have to pay the registration fee, unless they then go on to be offered a funded place! Seems a fairer way to me! And Elmhurst and RBS don't charge a registration fee after first audition either, although granted their whole audition system is done differently to Hammond and Trings.

• Like 1

Hi

We were at RBS today and they said up to two weeks and email.

DD enjoyed herself in the audition, BUT was quite shocked to hear the panel discussing some candidates during the audition. She said they thought the music was drowning them out but she could hear. You really would expect them to be discreet but apparently not!

• Like 1