Lower School Auditions 2016

balletmum20

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, have no idea Pointeyourtoes but I think your DD has done super well to get a recall for year 9! And as I recall we were talking on here earlier this week about our dd's hearing the panel discussing candidates in the audition? And you said your DD had picked out the ones in the room she thought would get recalls. So I'm guessing she didn't think she would?! Am super happy for you that she did! Fantastic news.

• Like 2

No Elmhurst finals for my DD this year. We knew year 8 would be tough, I just hope it doesn't knock her after she made it last year. Still RB to hear from, but that was only Thurs, so won't hear for a while. Fortunately, she's an RB MA already, something I'm extremely thankful for amid any no's.

It's hard isn't it Lema. And I thought she looked so elegant when watching the end of the prelim, but we would drive ourselves insane if we tried to analyse it so much.

I'm not looking forward to telling her. Although it's not like she's miserable at Secondary, she's really settled and has some great friends there. How did your DD take the news?

We are extremely proud and a bit in shock, it was a Yes for WL for my Ds. He is so happy. I wondered if someone here has had the experience of finals at WL & could tells us what the day plan is like, it's says they are there from 9.30 until possibly 6 pm, it seems a very long day. Many thanks x

• Like 4

My dd took it surprisingly well considering Elmhurst is pretty much top of her wish list of schools, she just said there was no point getting upset over it, she knew there was very little chance in year 8 and being upset won't change the result!! I was very proud of her attitude actually :) And Yes it is really hard because you wonder what's changed from last year, is it your dd, is it what they are looking for or is it just that they don't take many year 8's through to finals?? We'll never know but you still wonder don't you.

• Like 2

Thanks for all of the info on numbers, everyone. Not really sure what to expect at all as we haven't even applied let alone auditioned for anywhere else! Just looking forward to a good day out (my dd is especially happy to have "a day off school"!).

• Like 4

You should be proud of her lema- she sounds very mature in her response. Yes it is hard to know what has changed in a year, but perhaps the fact that there are so few places in the older years has a bearing on it. Fingers crossed for rbs now!

• Like 1

Massive congratulations principito, and yes it is a long day but the parents can go off site and enjoy the park, we had a lovely lunch in Richmond. You arrive and have a talk with some of the staff, guided tour around the school and boarding and then to the canteen where the children are taken off for the ballet class, physio assessment, interview, lunch and if I remember rightly an academic test (all very basic) hope this helps :)

Aw, that's great she had such a fab attitude! I think my DD will be ok. Yes, we will never know! Good luck with your funding auditions Lema, and for RB news.

Congrats principito! We were there for year 7 finals last year, and it is a long day, not necessarily until 6pm though. So, there's a welcome talk to everyone, then the DC disappear, parents have more talk followed by a tour of the school, and then can go off site and return later in the day. Lots of beautiful places to explore, my husband and I had a fab day.

For the DC, they will have a written exercise to do (does not impact results!), audition class, see a physio and have their own tour. Some are asked to stay back and be seen again (my DD was one last year, so we always like to say she was a maybe!).

It will be a fab day for you all. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Interview makes it sound very scary doesn't it!! It is more an informal conversation with some staff, in told its to consider suitability for boarding (whether this is true I cannot say) but they ask about likes and dislikes, family life, pets, school etc so not at all scary :)

You should be proud of her lema- she sounds very mature in her response. Yes it is hard to know what has changed in a year, but perhaps the fact that there are so few places in the older years has a bearing on it. Fingers crossed for rbs now!

Thank you Amos73 x

Postman has finally been and I am in a total state of shock.  My DD has also got finals for Elmhurst (Yr8)!!!! So, so proud of her as  I wasn't expecting it, particularly after hearing that other girls who had finals last year at WL and Elmhurst weren't so fortunate this year (Lema, your DD's attitude is amazing, such a credit to you and I really wish her well at Tring and Hammond).

To all the yes's - well done and all the best for the next step and to all the No's, it really is a not this time.  Do, do try again as it may well be your DC's turn in the not too distant future.

• Like 9