Questions about Lower School auditions

outofmydepth

I believe the vocational schools are well-used to people coming from overseas where academic qualifications are different, so I'm sure they will have procedures in place for those students.

As others say though, the schools generally don't assess out at the end of Y10, but there will sometimes be places freed up when people have left for other reasons.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sam, we also live abroad and my DD auditioned at Tring Park for year 11and was offered a place. Unfortunately because living abroad she did not qualify for MDS she could not take it up, she applied a year later because she did qualify for DADAs and was again offered a place, so it is possible.

Hope this helps

DRSC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a Premier Inn for the night before. It was £35 for 1 adult and 1 child inc free parking. We are about 3 hrs from Birmingham so would have had to leave very early and risk traffic issues etc.

Edited by neil

• 2 weeks later...

After a bit of advice re audition photos, please.... (MA/WL/SS) .

Have done Dd's photos, and am really pleased with them, but in one pose, number 4- arabesque- we have 2 photos to choose from. In one, her top half is better than the bottom, and in the other, her bottom half is better than top!!

Both photos are great overall , what i'm wondering is can i send both versions in? Or which one would your experienced hive mind suggest would be the better........ ?

Oh, and to add, Dd prefers one, I prefer the other.

And current time restrictions mean i can't really ask dd's teacher for advice.

Thanking you in advance! ????

Gowiththeflo I would just pick whichever one you prefer, my DD's JA teacher told us that it really isn't a big deal and parents get too worked up over the photos, and they are just a point of reference when discussing auditionees after the audition, to help them remember the child, so on this advice I took my dd's photos in my living room on my own without help of a teacher to position her (and I have no dance experience what so ever) and my dd auditioned at 3 of the top 4 schools and was offered finals for all 3 and a place at 1 of the school, so I honestly think that as long as they are a fair representation of the child then it doesn't really matter.....SS photos maybe a little more important being as they don't audition though. Anyway this is just my opinion and experience but hope it helps ????

Thanks Lema- I know they're not *that* important ????!! , I was just wondering , generally, which were better.... Nicer arms & head, or legs & feet!

Thanks for taking the time to reply. ????

Oh, and well done to your Dd, she's clearly very talented! ????

Edited by Gowiththeflo

Hy mums (and dads), my DD is going to apply at RBS for both WL fulltime training and SS. Do you know if I have to send two separate application forms, with two sets of (identical) photos and pay two applications fees? Or can I do just one for both? Thank you in advance!