outofmydepth

8 hours ago, MissEmily said:

Can anyone tell me what the application fees are for Year 7 entry to:

RBS

Elmhurst

Tring

Moorland

YDA

Do you have to pay to apply to all of them?

Thank you!

Hi Miss Emily. We applied to the big 4, rbs elmhurst tring and Hammond last year. I'm so sorry I can't remember exact amounts but yes you do have to pay to apply to all of them. Not sure about YdA and Moorland though as we didn't apply but presume there would be a fee there. From memory for Tring you have to pass a screening to apply (which was free I think) and I think originally this was the case with elmhurst too (although I think in the end everyone got a prelim audition for elmhurst). I don't remember having to pay anymore after the prelim application/audition (except for hammond) so I think once you paid, that if you got to finals this was included. It was the hotels, travel and food that cost the most in finals week. Best of luck with everything. Its a rollercoaster ride! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, MissEmily said:

Can anyone tell me what the application fees are for Year 7 entry to:

RBS

Elmhurst

Tring

Moorland

YDA

Do you have to pay to apply to all of them?

Thank you!

Hi @MissEmily, Tring & YDA are both £45 each. RBS haven’t advertised their fees for 2021-22 yet, and I know in recent years there has been an increase in the associate application fees so I expect that even if we know what they paid this year, we can probably add £5/£10 to that price. I did look a while back at Elmhurst, I think it was around £50 but it isn’t showing on their website at present. I don’t really know anything about Moorland so can’t help you with that one I’m afraid! 

If you are thinking about affordability of the application process, bear in mind that travel can also be expensive as the start time is often during peak times on the train, and early starts can require an overnight hotel stay. White Lodge finals is over two days, so that actually ran to two nights in a hotel for us as an 8:30am start needed us to be in Richmond the night before. We had great fun, though, so considered it all to be money well spent. Booking the same hotel as JA friends made the whole process really lovely!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SissonneDoublee said:

If you are thinking about affordability of the application process, bear in mind that travel can also be expensive as the start time is often during peak times on the train, and early starts can require an overnight hotel stay. White Lodge finals is over two days, so that actually ran to two nights in a hotel for us as an 8:30am start needed us to be in Richmond the night before. We had great fun, though, so considered it all to be money well spent. Booking the same hotel as JA friends made the whole process really lovely!

I totally agree as with our audition process we required flights as well!  As we know the cost of each audition isn’t just based on the application fee. The ‘season’ can soon rack up some mind blowing costs depending on where the individual child/family live. 
We also approached the audition application process just like we did when selecting an academic school. Not all academic schools are right for every child. They might all offer the same curriculum but the overall ethos & teaching methods at the school didn’t match every child needs. With 4 children we soon realised very early on that no two children are the same. Yup, this resulted in multiple school runs (but that’s another story) 😩 Whilst all the schools listed are brilliant in their own right it’s just a reminder to parents that not every vocational school will suit every child. That alone can focus the mind and the budget, which is a real life reality for I would suspect the majority of parents.
Good Luck to everyone approaching this process. Exciting, nerve wracking and quite demanding both physically & emotionally. 

Thank you so much everyone for your responses. That is so helpful. I’m putting together an information pack on the application process for my pupil’s parents, and that was the one piece of information I couldn’t find on the websites as of course applications for this year have closed. They need to know how much to put aside because, as you’re all saying, it adds up 😬 Fortunately for them, they seem to have family all over the place, so hopefully not too many hotel bills!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissEmily said:

Thank you so much everyone for your responses. That is so helpful. I’m putting together an information pack on the application process for my pupil’s parents, and that was the one piece of information I couldn’t find on the websites as of course applications for this year have closed. They need to know how much to put aside because, as you’re all saying, it adds up 😬 Fortunately for them, they seem to have family all over the place, so hopefully not too many hotel bills!

This is such a good idea! We had elmhurst on Tuesday in Birmingham, hammond Wednesday in chester, then royal ballet Friday eve in London...it meant for us paying for five days accommodation due to the times of auditions and where we live...fortunately due to the pandemic noone was travelling so hotel rates were reasonable...an amazing experience though x