Royal Ballet’s Nutcrackers, which were cancelled until early January, now resumed

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the web page:

Due to resource challenges caused by the Omicron COVID-19 variant, performances of The Nutcracker between Tuesday 21 December 2021 and Monday 3 January 2022 (inclusive) have been cancelled. Ticket bookers for all affected performances have been contacted by Box Office.  

• Thanks 1

Besides feeling sorry for myself because of this, I feel even more sorry for all the dancers and staff.  Just as things were getting back to some kind of sanity and normality, they are scuppered once again.  I was particularly looking forward to Anna-Rose O'Sullivan's SPF debut.  :(

I hope they all get better soon and are fit and healthy in the New Year.  

• Like 14

not been messaged as yet, but what desperately bad luck for everyone. The RB/ROH for the hole in the bank balance; and the dancers who will miss their performances/debuts - and of course us fans who wanted to see our fave dancers, and enjoy the atmosphere of a live performance.

So sad for all concerned, including me

• Like 5

ROH has just announced a new series of streamings.....

Royal Opera House Stream (roh.org.uk)

The Sleeping Beauty (2017) - Available to watch for £10 from 2.00pm GMT on Friday 31 December 2021 until 11.59pm GMT Sunday 30 January 2022.

Journey with Royal Ballet Principals Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov to an enchanted world of princesses, fairy godmothers and magical spells in this landmark production of Petipa’s classic ballet, to Tchaikovsky's glorious music

The Winter's Tale (2014) - Available to watch for £10 from 6.00pm GMT on Friday 28 January 2022 until 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 27 February 2022.

Edward Watson, Lauren Cuthbertson, Sarah Lamb and Steven McRae perform in Shakespeare's tale of love and loss. Adaptation by Christopher Wheeldon with music by Joby Talbot.

Marguerite and Armand (2017) - Available to watch for £10 from 6.00pm GMT on Friday 4 February until 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 6 March 2022.

Frederick Ashton's passionate ballet, set to Liszt’s tempestuous Piano Sonata, recalls the tragic love affair between the courtesan Marguerite, and her lover Armand.

Edited by oncnp

That’s first thing I thought when saw this message Lizbie! 
But what a shame though for everybody concerned and all the uncertainty again ....it’s all getting so boring now this Covid. 
I know it can’t be helped but please can it finally go away in 2022!! 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Can we see a silver lining in Dawnstar not missing Magri's debut?

ETA: or at the least not having a dilemma over it.

🙂

Gutted to be missing Magri's debut!
And the Nutcracker in general, as I guess there are hardly any tickets left for performances after January 3rd - if they are not also cancelled?

7 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Gutted to be missing Magri's debut!
And the Nutcracker in general, as I guess there are hardly any tickets left for performances after January 3rd - if they are not also cancelled?

think there will be returns - IF they aren't also cancelled. I won't be breath holding...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maryrosesatonapin said:

I've not been notified yet so thanks for pointing it out, @zxDaveM .  We had booked Nutcracker with dinner beforehand at the ROH for my birthday on 3rd January.  I guess we'll be staying at home now then!

that is unfortunate. Perhaps a local restaurant would welcome your custom instead, such that at least you could have a night out

• Like 1

Just now, art_enthusiast said:

Bit confused though because opera on the main stage seems more unaffected. Nabucco today and Tosca on Wednesday seem to be going ahead this week.
And Wolf Witch Giant Fairy on Tuesday/Wednesday.

it may be that the performers are all unaffected for those shows, and/or the back stage staff on shift similarly so

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Don't wish to be pedantic but does anyone have any idea when credit returns for cancelled performances might be issued?

My cancelled Nutcracker last year was definitely over a month but I’d have to look at the card statement

5 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Oh so would it be the actual monetary value instead of gift certificate credit?

(Unless you purchased it with ticket credit originally I assume)

In the past they've given you the choice to a) donate the cost, b) have a gift cert, or c) have a refund. Maybe that will happen again, but I don't know.