ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

Osipova and Corrales had a photo shoot for Prodigal Son around ‘lockdown’ time and the pics are now prominently on social media.

That may or may not be significant in terms of the upcoming Gala but I thought that the announcement referred to there being three real-life couples involved and that would put Corrales with Hayward .

Edited by capybara

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got confused (again) when I checked the ROH website and saw The Nutcracker was on from 10-24 December, but it turned out to refer to the cinema 2016 production, I suppose it's streamed too on those dates. I did get a Friends E-mail advising that the 2 Opera live productions go on sale on 6th October, 8th for general booking.

Some details on the booking for the ROH October events (I assume it will be similar for the November ones).

Ticket prices are £10-£75

• stalls & grand tier - £75
  • stalls circle - £75 & £25
  • balcony - £75, £50 & £25
  • amphitheatre - £50, £25 & £10
  • lower slips - £25 & £10
  • upper slips - £10

Don't know whether standing tickets are available (showing as sold out so either not available or being held for later stages of booking) - £10.

There is no ability to choose seats but you can select the best available in the area (and price bracket) that you want.  Seats are allocated before you pay.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Don't know whether standing tickets are available (showing as sold out so either not available or being held for later stages of booking) - £10.

A Front of House manager told us, (during our ROH Open House tour), that standing places would not be sold for these socially distanced performances.

Thanks for the clarity on seating. I assume choices can be made by seating area and price. With a theatre like ROH, it sounds like it's going to be a bit of a roulette in terms of lines of sight etc depending on how they price these seats. 

Things must be getting back to normal....the ROH website has been dumbed down again, changing the membership page and  dispensing with the facility to see which  events you previously attended  (with links to casts etc.).  A great  tool for recalling past enjoyment has been lost. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Things must be getting back to normal....the ROH website has been dumbed down again, changing the membership page and  dispensing with the facility to see which  events you previously attended  (with links to casts etc.).  A great  tool for recalling past enjoyment has been lost. 

Oh no, that is a loss!

11 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

It's been that way for at least  a few weeks (when I noticed it). I had hoped it was temporary. 

14 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Given the amount of money that the ROH needs to save (noting that they need to be able to show the government that they have done everything they can in order to have access to government support), I'm not surprised that easy fixes like reducing the amount of online content for things like this have taken place.  

There are still written records of every performance.

7 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

, I'm not surprised that easy fixes like reducing the amount of online content for things like this have taken place. 

Not sure how this works so for my own understanding, how does this save the ROH money? The content is already there. Is it the computer time they'll save? Thanks. 

4 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Also noticed passed events attended have disappeared. Good job I have a spreadsheet 😂 although 2020 is mostly greyed and crossed out Covid cancellations.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 23:29, capybara said:

Osipova and Corrales had a photo shoot for Prodigal Son around ‘lockdown’ time and the pics are now prominently on social media.

That may or may not be significant in terms of the upcoming Gala but I thought that the announcement referred to there being three real-life couples involved and that would put Corrales with Hayward .

Photographs of Hayward and Corrales rehearsing R&J are appearing on social media now, along with sneak peeks ahead of a feature about them in The Times magazine.

Excellent interview in today's links (Sunday Times) with Kevin O'Hare noting among other things part of the "invited audience" next Friday is the entire RBS upper school (in bubbles of 30)

More on the content from that Times article:

"The gala will include excerpts from Frederick Ashton’s The Dream, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan in La Fille mal gardée, Edward Watson in Wayne McGregor’s Woolf Works and Kenneth MacMillan’s colourful Elite Syncopations with double its normal cast. The mood will be upbeat and joyful."

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, alison said:

"The gala will include excerpts from Frederick Ashton’s The Dream, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan in La Fille mal gardée, Edward Watson in Wayne McGregor’s Woolf Works and Kenneth MacMillan’s colourful Elite Syncopations with double its normal cast. The mood will be upbeat and joyful."

Excellent - hopefully they have learnt their lesson from the first 'lockdown' performance which was really quite depressing !

20 hours ago, alison said:

I'm wondering whether  The Dream  could be  the main PDD with  Campbell and  Morera...

Also, can anyone speculate from the attached rehearsal  picture what Lamb and Hirano might be dancing?

Lamb Hirano.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

I'm wondering whether  The Dream  could be  the main PDD with  Campbell and  Morera...

I think Campbell and Morera unlikely as he is currently "paired" with Claire Calvert and dancing with another partner would burst his "bubble". 

Edited by oncnp

Just now, Richard LH said:

Also, can anyone speculate from the attached rehearsal  picture what Lamb and Hirano might be dancing?

Lamb Hirano.jpg

On the basis that the rep. which has been discerned already does not include Balanchine...... !!!!! ???? (Diamonds hopefully)

Calvert looks to be in Elite Syncopations. So, by a process of elimination, my bet is Morera and Campbell for The Dream.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

Will the dancers have to wear masks live ?

Meaghan Grace Hinkis, in replying to a snarky comment on IG, said the ppd pairs were wearing masks in rehearsal to protect other people in the room.  Kevin O'Hare, in the recent Time's article, said of the ppd couples "They are the only people they are in contact with the whole day. The rest of them do come together, but in a socially distanced way.” 

So hopefully masks off for performance, at least for ppd. 

1 hour ago, Beryl H said:

I hope they dance the pdd from Birthday Offering, they were brilliant in this at the Fonteyn Gala.

Will the dancers have to wear masks live ?

Given that neither rugby or football players do (and I appreciate they are playing outside) I would hope not!

20 minutes ago, MJW said:

Given that neither rugby or football players do (and I appreciate they are playing outside) I would hope not!

Playing outside is the crucial difference, I think,  but I hope you're right 🤞