ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, alison said:

i don't think we actually know the status of any Campbell/Calvert bubble.

My thought was since they are a bubble in real life, under the government guidelines they might not be able to dance pdd with someone else.  As you say, we don't know yet. Hopefully the ROH will publish the program soon and we can stop guessing. 

Oncnp I love your expression that someone might burst somebody else’s bubble will have to use that some time. 
Im trying to see a friend in Cambridge but she has a grandchild and daughter( my God daughter) etc and  now expecting number two. 
I’m still not sure if we can meet up under the rules but maybe I could say “ will it burst your bubble” if I come for  my birthday next month!!” 
Im assuming as long as less than six present it will be okay 🤔 with social distancing of course! Or is that only in the garden? A bit chilly in November though 🥶 

Sorry am having to sit out a downpour after class🌧🌧🌧

Back to topic isn’t this all happening next Friday? So presumably will have to publish programme fairly soon? I will probably go for it anyway but still nice to know exactly what we are going to see. 

42 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

No, this was confirmed on Ms Naghdi's IG

In fact, several of the dancers have made it clear on social media that they will not be 'masked' at the performance.

Neither were ENB's Emerging Dancers  a week or so ago.

• Like 1

Just now, alison said:

You're assuming.  We don't actually know this, I don't think.

'Could be wrong of course 😀....but I think they are, in the sense that Hayward/Corrales, Magi/Ball and a few others who are cohabitating are in real life "bubbles". On IG (esp on stories) Clavert/Campbell frequently post pictures of themselves together.  I don't know how the government rules for "bubbles" affect who can dance ppd (e.g can someone who is cohabitating dance with someone who is not their real life cohabitee?(if there is such a word)). 

We'll know on Friday. Or hopefully before when the program is announced. 

They wrote an article jointly for the August/September  edition of The London Ballet Circle’s newsletter and the fact that they are a couple is as clear from social media as it is in the case of the real life partners already featured by the RB.

I’ve never found dancers’ personal lives to be relevant to my watching them as artists. But now, of course, many once private relationships have become very public.

There are clearly several dance pairings where each part of a bubble couple is going home to someone else. So that must be OK under Govt. or company regulations.

• Like 4

I booked the performance as soon as I found out about it and don't  really care too much what's on the programme.  I am just so thrilled to be able to attend a performance at my most beloved Opera House with my favourite company, whilst in lockdown at my home in Israel!   I adored Dances at a Gathering and I am sure this Gala will live up to my expectations. It's wonderful that they've made it available worldwide - I was really disappointed not to be able to see BRB's Cinderella - copyright reasons I gather.  I just really hope that they won't be in masks, because that would totally spoil it all.  If they're concerned, surely they can test the dancers who are performing pdds?

• Like 6

a bit more about the program from Cathy Marston's IG via Gary Avis

"@fumikaneko_ and @reececlarke_ are incredibly beautiful in my pas de deux, In Our Wishes, coached with expert care by @balletboy09 , with @shippers123 inspiring on the piano playing #rachmanninov #prelude n.1. The #pasdedeux is taken from my 2014 full length adaptation of #chekhov #Three Sisters and while it stands alone as a miniature on lovers’ separation, the new title is a subtle link back to Chekhov’s words. "

Edited by oncnp

14 hours ago, Dance*is*life said:

I just really hope that they won't be in masks, because that would totally spoil it all.  If they're concerned, surely they can test the dancers who are performing pdds?

No they won't wear masks and yes they are being tested.

Anyone have any ideas about what Ms Osipova will be dancing? Medusa perhaps?🐍🐍🐍

16 hours ago, capybara said:

There are clearly several dance pairings where each part of a bubble couple is going home to someone else. So that must be OK under Govt. or company regulations.

No doubt.... all credit to the RB if they have found a way through the miasma of Gov regulations/ advice!

• Like 2

I imagine whatever Osipova dances she'll be wonderful!   A year ago she performed here with the Israel Ballet company as Giselle and as an added bonus she gave a Masterclass to our ballet students, which I was invited to watch.  It was simply amazing to watch her interaction with the students.   She explained and demonstrated things to them so clearly and beautifully and was totally without any pretensions .  We all completely and utterly fell under her spell!  I will never forget it.....

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 8

I had booked Giselle at Cineworld last week... *sigh*. The refund has just been sent. At least it was quick.

it is listed on Vue as TBC and no booking option. But then, the information was supposed to be up on the ROH website on the 25th and it isn’t there either.

Large but possibly disgruntled?  I have a ticket, a new stream account, and the Bach test piece works fine on my desktop.  But despite the long page of instructions and a specially acquired Chromecast device, I'm damned if I can get anything beyond a blank screen on our so-called smart TV.  And comments on the ROH page suggest I'm far from alone.  Why the ROH has chosen this apparently complex streaming system is beyond me.  It has also defeated millennial grandchildren who were confident they could make it work!

It works fine for me. Hope you can make it work.
Since the performance will be live streamed , the easiest way, if you find difficult setting up the live concert, is to just wait until they put the performance up again on the platform for the 30 days, that way you can just type the web link on Chrome, login on your account and play the performance - very much like one would play a YouTube video on their smart tv. 

On 01/10/2020 at 15:39, Richard LH said:

Things must be getting back to normal....the ROH website has been dumbed down again, changing the membership page and  dispensing with the facility to see which  events you previously attended  (with links to casts etc.).  A great  tool for recalling past enjoyment has been lost. 

Good news !..the ROH, with apologies, tell me this is a temporary change whilst the website is being updated...the feature is expected to return by the end of this month.

• Like 5

I’ve looked on the website and cannot see anything about Nutcracker this December with any kind of audience 🤔There is reference to a Nutcracker but to do with a cinema broadcast of 2016 production with Cuthbertson .....is this is what is on offer this December? 

26 minutes ago, LinMM said:

I’ve looked on the website and cannot see anything about Nutcracker this December with any kind of audience 🤔There is reference to a Nutcracker but to do with a cinema broadcast of 2016 production with Cuthbertson .....is this is what is on offer this December? 

Accord to latest from ROH, there will be live Nutcracker(s). They were listed on the "What's On" page briefly the other day before being taken down (I think they must have been testing because there were evenings and matinees for most days and that is certainly not going to happen).  

Another thought is that with pandemic situation so fluid, they are holding back booking. They may also want to see how Friday and the other live performances with audiences go before opening booking for shows that (I would think/hope) will sell out quickly. The last thing they want to do is have to cancel and start refunding money again. 

Edited by oncnp

I looked at the Opera programmes when Friends booking opened this week, just to try it out, and I never managed to get a single ticket for anything, when I changed the quantity to 2 there was more choice, so it's looking bad for single tickets unless they make changes. There will be more performances of Nutcracker of course.

The ROH has now put up a recording of the Fille rehearsal originally shown live on Facebook at lunchtime.

Go to FB and search Royal Opera House.

Anna Rose O’Sullivan and Marcelino Sambe are going to be terrific tomorrow.

Anna Rose is talking to the London Ballet Circle via Zoom on Tuesday (13th) at 7.00pm. Members will have priority but non members may request the link from info@tlbc.org.uk

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, capybara said:

The ROH has now put up a recording of the Fille rehearsal originally shown live on Facebook at lunchtime.

Go to FB and search Royal Opera House.

Anna Rose O’Sullivan and Marcelino Sambe are going to be terrific tomorrow.

Anna Rose is talking to the London Ballet Circle via Zoom on Tuesday (13th) at 7.00pm. Members will have priority but non members may request the link from info@tlbc.org.uk

I emailed and haven't had a reply yet, should I try again?