ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched it on iplayer thanks to the tip off from here. Elite Syncopation looked fabulous and loved the few words from Marianella and Vadim, especially when she referred to him as her 'work husband' on account of them being in the same bubble. 

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere? The programme for tonight (subject to change):

Overture from The Sleeping Beauty
Music Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky
Performed by Orchestra of the Royal Opera House

Excerpt from Untouchable
Choreography Hofesh Shechter; Music Hofesh Shechter and Nell Catchpole
Dancers Luca Acri, Mica Bradbury, Annette Buvoli, Harry Churches, Ashley Dean, Leo Dixon, Téo Dubreuil, Benjamin Ella, Isabella Gasparini, Hannah Grennell, James Hay, Joshua Junker, Paul Kay, Isabel Lubach, Kristen McNally, Aiden O’Brien, Romany Pajdak, Calvin Richardson, Francisco Serrano, David Yudes

Act II pas de deux from Swan Lake
Choreography Lev Ivanov; Music Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky; Costume designer John Macfarlane
Dancers Akane Takada (Odette), Federico Bonelli (Prince Siegfried)

In Our Wishes
Choreography Cathy Marston; Music Sergey Rachmaninoff; Costume designer Roksanda
Dancers Fumi Kaneko and Reece Clarke; Solo piano Kate Shipway

‘Diamonds’ pas de deux from Jewels
Choreography George Balanchine; Music Pyotr Il’yich Tchaikovsky; Costume designer Karinska
Dancers Sarah Lamb and Ryoichi Hirano

‘If I loved you’ pas de deux from Carousel.
Choreography Kenneth MacMillan; Music Richard Rodgers, arranged by Martin Yates; Costume designer Bob Crowley
Dancers Mayara Magri and Matthew Ball

Finale from Within the Golden Hour
Choreography Christopher Wheeldon; Music Ezio Bosso; Costume designer Jasper Conran
Dancers Anna Rose O’Sullivan, Marcelino Sambé, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Yasmine Naghdi, Nicol Edmonds, Ashley Dean, Isabella Gasparini, Hannah Grennell, Romany Pajdak, Luca Acri, David Donnelly, Téo Dubreuil, Benjamin Ella

The Dream
Choreography Frederick Ashton; Music Felix Mendelssohn; Costume designer David Walker . ‘Scherzo’; Dancers William Bracewell (Oberon), Valentino Zucchetti (Puck), Mica Bradbury (Peaseblossom), Leticia Dias (Cobweb), Ashley Dean (Moth), Isabella Gasparini (Mustardseed). Pas de deux; Dancers Laura Morera (Titania), Alexander Campbell (Oberon)

Act I pas de deux from La Fille mal gardée
Choreography Frederick Ashton; Music Ferdinand Hérold; Arranged and orchestrated by John Lanchbery; Costume designer Osbert Lancaster
Dancers Anna Rose O’Sullivan (Lise), Marcelino Sambé (Colas)

Act I pas de deux from Romeo and Juliet
Choreography Kenneth MacMillan; Music Sergey Prokofiev; Costume designer Nicholas Georgiadis
Dancers Francesca Hayward (Juliet), Cesar Corrales (Romeo)

Solo from Medusa
Choreography Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui; Music Henry Purcell; Costume designer Olivia Pomp.
Dancer Natalia Osipova (Medusa); Solo violin Vasko Vassilev; Solo cello Christopher Vanderspar

‘I now, I then’ from Woolf Works
Choreography Wayne McGregor; Music Max Richter; Costume designer Moritz Junge
Dancers Edward Watson, Akane Takada, Calvin Richardson

Act III pas de deux from Don Quixote
Choreography Marius Petipa; Music Ludwig Minkus, arranged and orchestrated by Martin Yates; Costume designer Tim Hatley
Dancers Marianela Nuñez (Kitri) and Vadim Muntagirov (Basilio)

Highlights from the Royal Opera House Learning and Participation dance film, Doncaster Dances. Made in collaboration with The Royal Ballet, Cast and Doncaster Council. Featuring Charlotte Tonkinson, Joseph Aumeer, David Pickering and residents of Doncaster.

Elite Syncopations
Choreography Kenneth MacMillan; Music Scott Joplin and other Ragtime composers; Costume designer Ian Spurling

‘Sunflower Slow Drag’/’Elite Syncopations’ The Company
‘The Cascades’ Claire Calvert, Gina Storm-Jensen and Romany Pajdak
‘Hot-House Rag’ Benjamin Ella, Téo Dubreuil, Fernando Montaño and David Yudes
‘Calliope Rag’ Claire Calvert
‘The Golden Hours’ Meaghan Grace Hinkis and Luca Acri
‘Stop Time Rag’ Yasmine Naghdi
‘The Alaskan Rag’ Melissa Hamilto and Paul Kay
‘Bethena (Concert Waltz)’ Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds
‘Friday Night’ James Hay
‘Cataract Rag’ The Company

Violin 1 Vasko Vassilev; Violin 2 Anna Blackmur; Viola Amelie Roussel; Cello Christopher Vanderspar; Bass Paul Kimber; Flute Christopher Green; Clarinet Marina Finnamore; Trumpets Nicholas Betts and John Shaddock; Trombone Lindsay Shilling; Tuba Michael Levis; Drum kit Nigel Charman

• Like 9

You did well to copy this, bridiem. Thank you.

I downloaded the programme online but the pdf was of too great a size to be supported by WORD and I couldn't therefore print it out. A straight print-off produced an illegibly small version.

Why couldn't they put up something more user-friendly?

Anyway - some lovely treats in store later!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

I've just received details of booking for the two programmes including Elite Syncopations and Within the Golden Hour but can't understand why a start time of 9.30 pm is necessary. Any ideas?

The spacing could have been a little better though.....

Wednesday November 4 7pm – 9.30pm

24 minutes ago, MargaretN7 said:

And the BBC News item is now as a clip on bbc.co.uk/news, and when I looked it was listed as one of the most watched. There was more in it than I saw on the 6pm News

I like Muntagirov's comment about there being so many rules he was forgetting the steps. 

54 minutes ago, capybara said:

You did well to copy this, bridiem. Thank you.

I downloaded the programme online but the pdf was of too great a size to be supported by WORD and I couldn't therefore print it out. A straight print-off produced an illegibly small version.

Why couldn't they put up something more user-friendly?

Oops, bit of a mess!  Copy and paste into Word, change font size to 10 and line spacing to 1 produces a reasonable document.  Can't give the URL, but it's on the main webpage for the stream.

38 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

I've just received details of booking for the two programmes including Elite Syncopations and Within the Golden Hour but can't understand why a start time of 9.30 pm is necessary. Any ideas?

I was pleased to see so many performances - stupidly I had got the impression they were just performing one each of of A and B!

3 minutes ago, MJW said:

I was pleased to see so many performances - stupidly I had got the impression they were just performing one each of of A and B!

So had I, so you're not alone!  It was leading me to panic about booking other things, like ENB @ Sadler's Wells and a G&S concert at The Pleasance, and having booked for The Show Must Go On - Live at the Palace Theatre, so I'm very relieved now.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

So had I, so you're not alone!  It was leading me to panic about booking other things, like ENB @ Sadler's Wells and a G&S concert at The Pleasance, and having booked for The Show Must Go On - Live at the Palace Theatre, so I'm very relieved now.

Has anyone heard if the Nov performances will be streamed? I looked back at the original announcement and it doesn't mention it. I'm still looking at 14 days of quarrentine so coming over isn't in the cards at the moment.

55 minutes ago, alison said:

Oops, bit of a mess!  Copy and paste into Word, change font size to 10 and line spacing to 1 produces a reasonable document.  Can't give the URL, but it's on the main webpage for the stream.

A version which is easily copied and pasted appeared subsequent to my post! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MargaretN7 said:

And the BBC News item is now as a clip on bbc.co.uk/news, and when I looked it was listed as one of the most watched. There was more in it than I saw on the 6pm News

I can’t see it. Maybe it’s gone now. What is the exact link, please?

2 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Is anyone having trouble viewing this livestream it’s not working on iPad or phone at the moment. I accessed via the confirmation email to “start watching” but nothing is happening 😢

try going to the events page, click on "buy now" (you won't buy it again) & see if that works.

The stream itself seems to be OK 

Edited by oncnp

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Is anyone having trouble viewing this livestream it’s not working on iPad or phone at the moment. I accessed via the confirmation email to “start watching” but nothing is happening 😢

Unfortunately I can’t get the stream to work via my Firestick (it has worked previously) so I have plugged my pc into my tv and am watching that way! Lots of complaints on the ROH website 

I won't rehearse the trouble I've gone to to see this show - but all has failed and I can see that I'm far from alone in this.  Frankly, it's a technical disgrace that the ROH has become embroiled with and there is no chance of my buying any further tickets until a new system is created.

Thanks oncnp I have just tried that and it eventually takes me to the same place with watch now and I get the same message video can’t download or has timed out!!

Well I think I will time out with this now as that’s 35 mins trying to access 😱 

I hope others having better luck. 
I had no probs with Dances but that wasn’t really a livestream 

Disappointing not seeing it actually live but as long as it will work so can see it afterwards I will be okay ...if not.... a refund might be owing methinks.

1 minute ago, LinMM said:

I had no probs with Dances but that wasn’t really a livestream 

But it was the same system - I may be the only one but it is working perfectly for me (Chromecast to TV from laptop)

2 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

I've watched the other streamings with only minor difficulties so I don't know what the problemi is with this. very fed up!

Don't blame you! The ROH has clearly got a problem on their hands. 😡

We are a totally Apple house and Dances worked on Safari okay. 
I suppose I thought Dances might be different because it was already a video has already happened so maybe when it’s actually being streamed live it might make a difference? Probably just revealing my technological ignorance here 🙄