Dance on terrestrial TV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

There was a feature on Ballet Black on ITV London News at 6 (the last article, before the 6.30 change to National news). Don't know if anyone else saw it? (it may be on the ITV catchup)

i have looked and can't find it, I don't know if anyone else will have better luck. If so please post a link, thanks.

2 hours ago, Janite said:

i have looked and can't find it, I don't know if anyone else will have better luck. If so please post a link, thanks.

Usually the news programmes on ITV and BBC are only available for 24 hours after broadcast but I couldn't find any local news programmes listed at all.  I live in the North West area so wouldn't have been able to see it live anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

Usually the news programmes on ITV and BBC are only available for 24 hours after broadcast but I couldn't find any local news programmes listed at all.  I live in the North West area so wouldn't have been able to see it live anyway.

I managed to get a short section from twitter 

if you go to Instagram Stories for Ballet Black there are a couple of clips there, but nothing longer than this.

Edited by Janite
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Snow Queen   Scottish Ballet

BBC Scotland  Sky:876 Freesat:174  Sat 25 Apr  8:15pm-9:45pm (1 hour 30 minutes)
REPEAT, for those who missed it at Christmas.

and I assume on the iplayer after that.

Edited by Janite

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, taxi4ballet said:

The BBC has announced that their talent show programme The Greatest Dancer has been cancelled after two series.

I'm not surprised really.

Wise decision. The title was inappropriate and the format tacky.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Dance on Film: BBC Introducing Arts

Acclaimed dancer Carlos Acosta introduces a new generation of film makers who use b-boying, ballet and contemporary dance to tell their stories. Subjects range from dancing in a bingo hall, acid attacks, body image and wellbeing and the mystical world of baby eels    

BBC Four HD

Freeview:106  Virgin:107  BT:106  Freesat:107  

Wed 27 May  11:30pm-12:30am (1 hour)

Kenya's Dance Discovery

Before the Coronavirus lockdown, professional dancer Joel Kioko returned to his home city Nairobi, meeting dance students emerging from a thriving classical ballet scene in Kenya. (12+)

BBC News Channel

Freeview:231  Sky:503  BT:231  Freesat:212

Sat 30 May  2:30am-3:00am (30 minutes)

Sun 31 May  5:30am-6:00am

Sun 31 May  8:30pm-9:00pm 

Mon 1 Jun  2:30am-3:00am 

Edited by Janite

17 minutes ago, Janite said:

Billy Elliot (2000)

BBC One HD

Freeview:101 Sky:115 Virgin:101 BT:101 Freesat:106

Sun 31 May
10:30pm-12:15am (1 hour 45 minutes)

What a shame that this re-showing of Billy Elliot clashes with the showing on Northern Ballet's Dracula on BBC4.

Thanks for all the info on what is coming up Janite, it's very much appreciated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

What a shame that this re-showing of Billy Elliot clashes with the showing on Northern Ballet's Dracula on BBC4.

Hopefully it will be on iplayer so there will could be a bit of time to see it. 

And thank you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Janite said:

Kenya's Dance Discovery

Before the Coronavirus lockdown, professional dancer Joel Kioko returned to his home city Nairobi, meeting dance students emerging from a thriving classical ballet scene in Kenya. (12+)

BBC News Channel

Freeview:231  Sky:503  BT:231  Freesat:212

Virgin: 601

Edited by Janite

• 1 month later...

For folks in Southern Florida, USA:

SNN television (Suncoast News Network) telecasts Sarasota Ballet In  Will Tuckett’s complete Changing Light this Friday, Saturday and Saturday! Details about the four airing times on SNN’s Facebook page...where I’ve asked if there will also be a streaming option. Hey, it’s worth asking the question! 

https://m.facebook.com/SuncoastNewsNetwork/photos/a.139359692808351/3048375215240103/?type=3&source=48

6 hours ago, alison said:

Just a reminder for what we hope will be all the ballet bits from all 3 of the Royal Opera House's recent broadcasts being on BBC4 tonight between 7 and 8.30 pm.

Bit unfortunate that this is on at the same time as the R&J stream, really. Presumably the ROH had no say in the scheduling of this programme.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bridiem said:

Bit unfortunate that this is on at the same time as the R&J stream, really. Presumably the ROH had no say in the scheduling of this programme.

Yes, but R&J is on for two weeks.  There's no need to watch it "live".

Guest oncnp
1 minute ago, alison said:

Yes, but R&J is on for two weeks.  There's no need to watch it "live".

and the Return to Covent Garden should be on the BBC for a month (at least)

8 hours ago, oncnp said:

and the Return to Covent Garden should be on the BBC for a month (at least)

Yes - I realise it could be watched later (as could R&J) - but that implies a certain amount of planning/a more serious interest, whereas my hope would be that airing something on TV would attract casual passers-by, so to speak. Anyway I hope a lot of people will watch/watched both the programme and the ballet.

In case of interest: Harmony Lane, a 1954 musical comedy short (27 mins) is being shown on Talking Pictures (Freeview 81) on Sunday 19th July at 8.30pm; apparently it features "Swan Lake" by Svetlana Beriosova and David Paltenghi of the Sadler's Wells Ballet (as well as the Beverley Sisters, Dora Bryan and Max Bygraves and others).

Edited by bridiem
Time added
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...