Dance on terrestrial TV

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just answered my own question by doing a bit of searching. On Sky It is channel 457. I've set it to record both but the repeat seems to be Saturday at 8.15pm. The Tuesday broadcast is 7.30pm. It seems to last about 90 minutes. It doesn't say its a ballet so you wouldn't know if you were just browsing. 

4 hours ago, Janite said:

I have just seen that the Snow Queen by the Scottish Ballet is on BBC Scotland tomorrow (24th and 28th) at 7.30pm. I hope we can all watch it on the iplayer after that.

Bah!  BBC Scotland, which I presume those of us south of the border (or so) can't receive.  I'd have liked to have seen it again, so let's hope it will at least be on iPlayer.

BTW, my copy of the Christmas Radio Times seems to have been delivered to the wrong part of the country: so my additional channel information covers all the Welsh channels rather than London Live or whatever channel 8 is called round here.  As London Live does occasionally broadcast arts programmes, if someone has the listings for it please could they post anything relevant here?

thank you DanJL, I couldn't find it on virgin and I thought I was going to have to rely on iplayer. So much better to have it recorded, thoough my box is very full of ballet........

Edited by Janite

9 hours ago, Janite said:

Just seen 'The Snow Queen' by the Scottish Ballet is also on BBC4 on Sunday 4th Jan at 7.30pm

I was confusing it with The Fairy's Kiss (perhaps not surprisingly).  I'll forgive them for being so late, then, since it's only just premiered :) 

Why are they doing (virtually) everything the wrong side of New Year this year?  Whatever happened to "Christmas ballet"?

I suppose I could try and do my usual "all-in-one" Christmas post, but quite frankly Sky "Arts'" almost total lack of commitment to the arts has meant it's hardly worth doing.

• Like 2

Not Sky Arts but I wasn't sure where to put it, admins please move if there is a better place.

Future Prince of Ballet! 

The Vaganova Academy in Russia is the world's leading ballet school; meet its graduating boys' class as they rehearse for a show at the Mariinsky Theatre and audition for the top ballet companies.

Sky:507      Virgin:625 (XL subscription)    Freeview 241  There is a free app as well, so they say.

Fri 10 Jan      11:10pm-12:00am (50 minutes)   

Edited by Janite

More stuff "the wrong side of New Year" :)

Saturday 4th January (or technically Sunday morning): Essential Royal Ballet is repeated on BBC4 at 2.35 am.

Sunday 5th January, BBC4:

7.30 - 9 pm: The Snow Queen, Scottish Ballet.

10 pm: Darcey Bussell: Looking For Margot

(repeated at 2.55 am)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alison said:

More stuff "the wrong side of New Year" :)

Saturday 4th January (or technically Sunday morning): Essential Royal Ballet is repeated on BBC4 at 2.35 am.

Sunday 5th January, BBC4:

7.30 - 9 pm: The Snow Queen, Scottish Ballet.

10 pm: Darcey Bussell: Looking For Margot

(repeated at 2.55 am)

BBC4 obviously making a play for the "insomniac balletomane" market there 

• Like 5

On 23/12/2019 at 13:56, alison said:

Bah!  BBC Scotland, which I presume those of us south of the border (or so) can't receive.  I'd have liked to have seen it again, so let's hope it will at least be on iPlayer.

It has been and will be on iPlayer since 24th December for a remaining 22 days.  I live near London and could see it so not unavailable to those down south!

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:58, Janite said:

Not Sky Arts but I wasn't sure where to put it, admins please move if there is a better place.

Future Prince of Ballet! 

The Vaganova Academy in Russia is the world's leading ballet school; meet its graduating boys' class as they rehearse for a show at the Mariinsky Theatre and audition for the top ballet companies.

Sky:507      Virgin:625 (XL subscription)    Freeview 241  There is a free app as well, so they say.

Fri 10 Jan      11:10pm-12:00am (50 minutes)   

Oops, this one is on later today, so I thought I'd bump it.  Does anyone know which year's class it was?

7 hours ago, alison said:

Double oops.  None of my recorders seem to be aware of a Freeview channel 241 :( 

I have looked again and they say Freesat 209, does that work for you?

Also the programme is repeated Sat 5.10, 10.10, 17.10, 23,10 and Sunday 5.10, 10.10, 17.10,

Edited by Janite