ROH Autumn 23 booking

Guest oncnp

Managed to book two rehearsal tickets for Nutcracker without too much difficulty though the system was quite slow. Managed to get tickets in the stalls circle.

Will book performances when I get home from work.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as others I had bouncing waiting time (in my case 4 minutes to 1 minutes to 2 minutes and then back to 4) But there was also a special ROH comedy moment: the very first screen to come up (before the waiting room) was a card saying I had exceeded my ticket limit. This before I had booked anything. Hilarious, well done ROH, always good to get the customers laughing. 

Also my Opera browser was refused, repeatedly saying that I was using wrong email/password (although both were of course identical to those which got me in via whatever Microsoft is calling its browser this month). Anybody got a view on that? 

• Like 2

I've just made my initial bookings and may book for a further Nutcracker as and when we know who will be performing Hans-Peter/Nutcracker and Clara!

• Like 1

Had a wait of 12 minutes this morning but no bouncing around. Managed to book all I wanted, though not the ticket I had wanted for DQ Friends rehearsal. I have got a standing circle one, so not a seat at all! Never stood before, so this will be a first. For £6, I'm not complaining! Alas, I was unable to attend any other Friends rehearsals, as they are not at times I can go.

Edited by Linnzi5

Friends and Young Friends booking this morning... I cannot for the life of me book anything as I keep running into the "exceed ticket limit" message despite having nothing in my basket. Now have been on hold with box office for 20 minutes. Most unimpressed.

• Like 1

Just now, MildConcern said:

Friends and Young Friends booking this morning... I cannot for the life of me book anything as I keep running into the "exceed ticket limit" message despite having nothing in my basket. Now have been on hold with box office for 20 minutes. Most unimpressed.

Same here (and I was using Incognito mode having had this message initially in Chrome). Will try again.

Shocking .... Outraged .... but not I suppose surprised .... Had booked 21 tickets so far - after much 'hanging' about ... Got Error 500 - had already had ticket limit ... went to pay for what I had booked and all that came up was the donation key.  Fat chance that.  Tried again - everything had disappeared.  Again - Error 500.  You've outdone yourself ROH.  

• Like 5

I am SO upset. With my baby due mid-November my mum and I were going to have one last hoorah watching Don Q in our usual seats (W58 and 59 Upper Amphi) on 16th Oct. Like members above, I had the tickets in my basket and when I turned down the kind offer to donate, everything disappeared. I immediately went back in but of course was told I’d exceeded my ticket limit. Now they’ve gone and we’re looking at spending triple for no improvement in view, which I refuse to do. How can an institution like the ROH not have sorted something as fundamental as their booking system? 

• Like 8

I think I have now been successful. Despite only being able to start putting tickets into my basket at 9:30, most of the seats I wanted were still available, which indicates that most people were also struggling.

This still wiped out a good hour of my working morning, when the entire ordeal should have been over in 10 minutes! 

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
6 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

I am SO upset. With my baby due mid-November my mum and I were going to have one last hoorah watching Don Q in our usual seats (W58 and 59 Upper Amphi) on 16th Oct. Like members above, I had the tickets in my basket and when I turned down the kind offer to donate, everything disappeared. I immediately went back in but of course was told I’d exceeded my ticket limit. Now they’ve gone and we’re looking at spending triple for no improvement in view, which I refuse to do. How can an institution like the ROH not have sorted something as fundamental as their booking system? 

Have PM'ed you

This always seems to happen in the first couple of hours of a big booking opening day like today. I don’t think their system seems to be able to cope with a lot of people booking at once! 
So far (touch wood) I’ve never had a problem but then I’m a bit of a dinosaur and only book one ticket at a time which takes longer and is a bit pfaffier going in and out of site all the time but at least the site does seem to be able to cope with that so perhaps a bit if a dinosaur like me! 
Anyway will see what happens on 2nd August but it all does sound a bit dire at the moment reading all these comments! 

• Like 1

I tried and failed on my phone, but eventually got in via Chrome on my laptop, not Incognito, and managed to book 2 more tickets so thought I'd better see if I could check out successfully, which I could. So I then booked the other tickets I wanted, though the actual seats I wanted had mainly gone. If the system can't cope with mass bookings at the given booking time, it's not fit for purpose.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

They may have 'gone' because you originally reserved them - might it be worth trying again since it seems to be working now?

Edited by bridiem
  • Like 1

Update: after much refreshing the tickets came back! 🥳 They must have still been “in my cyber basket” despite having disappeared in reality. So I now have exactly what I wanted an hour and two minutes ago. Thank goodness I’m not at work today 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Thank you @oncnp for offering to help me out!

• Like 6

The most stressful booking experience ever! After getting a message to say I had a 30minute wait in the queue I finally managed to buy what I wanted but it ended up taking over an hour - ridiculous!

• Like 2

Got my tickets - after waiting for the ones I had already booked to be returned unto their cyber space - bar one which was taken up by someone else in the interim understandably.  Feel like they should PAY ME to be a FRIEND given the major frustration levels they have levied for oh, so many.  The service - as ever - speaks for itself.  

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

Got my tickets - after waiting for the ones I had already booked to be returned unto their cyber space - bar one which was taken up by someone else in the interim understandably.  Feel like they should PAY ME to be a FRIEND given the major frustration levels they have levied for oh, so many.  The service - as ever - speaks for itself.  

What 'service' are you thinking of exactly, Bruce? 😨

• Like 3

Total disaster of frozen queue in Chrome

Waiting time in queue bouncing from 8 to 17 to 10 to 12 minutes then nothing 

Signed out, signed in again 

Even worse in incognito mode with Exceeded Ticket Limit message when I hadn’t yet bought anything 

Then Error Message instead of basket

20 mins wait to speak to Box Office to be told that Alex Beard’s reassurance that there would never be another dogs dinner at Friends booking time was incorrect and with some 2000 people trying to access the system and book at the same time it was normal to expect technical difficulties. Hmmm

• Like 1

Just now, PeterS said:

20 mins wait to speak to Box Office to be told that Alex Beard’s reassurance that there would never be another dogs dinner at Friends booking time was incorrect and with some 2000 people trying to access the system and book at the same time it was normal to expect technical difficulties. Hmmm

That is outrageous. It is not normal - for years, there were no technical difficulties. (And the last few booking times, for me at least it worked fine.) What sort of system is it where you expect it not to work as intended?? (And does Alex Beard know that he was wrong?).

• Like 2

Guest oncnp

Oh, you mean there's a problem? ROH finally got a clue

ALERT (11/07/23 10:00 BST)

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with ticket purchasing. If you encounter an error, please try again after a short while. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

Oh, you mean there's a problem? ROH finally got a clue

ALERT (11/07/23 10:00 BST)

We are currently experiencing intermittent issues with ticket purchasing. If you encounter an error, please try again after a short while. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Too little; too late .... Should we be surprised?  Neva!

4 hours ago, bridiem said:

That is outrageous. It is not normal - for years, there were no technical difficulties. (And the last few booking times, for me at least it worked fine.) What sort of system is it where you expect it not to work as intended?? (And does Alex Beard know that he was wrong?).

Bring on AI.....

Sympathies to all.

I have had all these issues in the past 2 booking series, but this one was the worst and very stressful,  especially as I was getting tickets for someone else and it was important, plus, I was away from home, and also, had a bus to catch!

When I am told things like 'Oh use a different browser ....try this, try that,  blah de blah' I get a bit restive. I don't have to think about this sort of thing when I look at the ROH website, see what's on, search for things etc - so why, when I book tickets, do I have to call in techincal experts? it should just  -  work. It used to.

I emailed ROH to this effect last year and will do so again, - come on ROH, I have supported you through it all but you try my patience.

Edited by Mary
  • Like 7