ROH Autumn 23 booking

Guest oncnp

Well, I have tickets for the 7th November but, unlike Bluebird, I haven't received an email telling me that the ROH is looking forward to welcoming me on that date. Mind you, this isn't the first time that I have been left out of Friends' emails/ticket offers etc so I am obviously not an esteemed Friend, however much Alex Beard likes to protest that we are all equally treasured. And, like LinMM, I would be extremely displeased if the 'exciting' announcement involved the displacement of Magri or Corrales, although I can't see that that would be the case. It sounds as though it has something to do with the invited audience.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the wording of the email, a cast change seems unlikely - that would surely risk impacting the performance for people who have chosen to book for that cast. I would guess that it would more likely be something else - an event they have chosen to run on this night to coincide with the broadcast or special attendee (royal attendee?). Seems very last minute though. 

6 minutes ago, MissEmily said:

What is the maximum number of tickets a non-friend can buy for one performance please? 

i don’t think there is a difference between what a friend and non friend can buy for each performance. Tickets for Nutcracker (likely to sell at a faster rate) are capped at 8, as is Don Q.

• Like 1

@blossom Thank you! I’m a ballet teacher trying to organise a school trip and it’s almost impossible. It being a school trip, we’re only interested in cheaper seats but to make a group booking you have to wait until the phone lines open at 10, by which time public booking has already been open for an hour and there probably won’t be any cheap seats left! 😰 You’d have thought they’d want to encourage this kind of endeavour, given impassioned children will be their future paying public… 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Like 7

Surely the wording of the email (which I haven't received) combined with 'Invited Audience' means many or all of the remaining seats are going to be filled with a sizeable number of invited people rather than a change of cast or it being filmed now...but unlike a schools matinee where the public are faced with 'Not Available' rather than 'Sold Out' on the booking page I assume at some point tickets will be on sale again later.

7 hours ago, LinMM said:

I’m really annoyed now! (pretty much a huge understatement of how I really feel!) 
This was my number one priority Don Q performance which I was hoping to book tomorrow. I see it now says “sold out” which has only very recently appeared on the website. 
It’s very thoughtless for them to do this just a few hours before booking opens. Especially if as some are suggesting above it may mean a change of cast!! Anyway no guest Artist is worth displacing either Magri or Corrales in this ballet for me!!!! 
The other date for their performance I probably can’t do …so I sort of feel so deflated I can’t be bothered to book anything at all tomorrow now as at this point I just can’t trust what the website says anymore. 

I'm so sorry, LinMM, and I agree that this has been done in a very thoughtless way. Do they not realise how important these dates/casts are to a lot of people? (Not just those of us who have already been able to book, though I didn't book for this one because I'm intending to go the live screening.) I don't think it can involve a change of cast because I can't see why that would affect the ticketing and they've already reassured those who have booked that the new plans won't affect them, which a change of cast would. Anyway, maybe in due course some tickets will come back on sale - I hope so for your sake, or that you find you can do the other date for this cast.

• Like 3

I'm one of those who can't make the other Magri/Corrales date :(

This is an absolute joke: I was in on the Ballet Black pages, looking at availability, when I realised that the system was actually allowing me to select seats, so I must have got in just as booking opened.  Stupidly, I went to select a different date (because there's no dropdown menu for the Linbury), backed out and suddenly found myself in a queue with 24 minutes to wait!  There'll be nothing left by then :(

Edit: Oh dear, RHowarth, I see there are people even worse off than me.  Hopefully the queue will go down faster than the system thinks.

• Like 1

My queue time seems to have stablised at 23 minutes, after spending the first couple of minutes jumping around from anything between 1 to 35 minutes. I imagine by the time I get to the front of the queue there are unlikely to be many if any seats available for the performances I'm after, given the intersection between seats I can afford to sit in & seats I am prepared to sit in is less than 10 tickets per performance. At this rate I may be spending a lot of Fridays this autumn praying I can get rush tickets.

I'm trying to get just one ticket for a specific performance of Don Q. It's very important to me since I've planned my next London trip around this date (17th of November) and I've been waiting for today for weeks now, only to be put into a 30 Minute queue? I've gone through this process twice already from Germany (in 2021 and 2022) and so far, there's never been a queue, is this new?

hahahahaha!!!

(that's hysteria by the way)

Went to buy a Drafts ticket, and I have exceeded my ticket allowance. This a bit of a shock, as not bought anything for months

Tried a different browser - now in the Q for another hour.... bizarre!

• Like 1

I've now got two options in my basket: either Balcony Row A seat 44 or Stalls Circle Row A seat 60.

Which one would you prefer for Don Q? (With Natalia and Reece in the leads)

I'm quite short so Row A is always good for me because nobody is in front of me.

Well that was cheaper than I was expecting, since by the time I got onto the website 2 of the 6 performances I had hoped to book didn't have any of the seats I was after available. I must say I wasn't expecting the Kaneko/Bracewell Don Q to be the cast I wouldn't be able to get a ticket for. I'll have to hope I'm able to get a rush ticket.

• Like 1

Thankyou so much for your kind comment Bridiem. 
I only spoke to Mayara Magri last Friday ( was watching a class she was teaching such a lovely person) and said how much I was looking forward to seeing her performance in Don Q in the Autumn ….ha ha!! 
Saturdays are always difficult for me the opposite way round to most people lol so was delighted to see initially Magri/Corrales performance was mid week I see Akada and Acri’s performances are also on Saturdays!! 
I will probably book the Wednesday performance of Naghdi and Ball and just hope for returns for the 7th. 
I wasn’t going to book the Cellist programme at all but see Mayara is performing in this so this has come into play now. 
I can’t think of anything that the ROH can be so “excited” about that hasn’t happened before and requires half the House!!!  I did think royalty but they don’t usually reserve so many house seats for that ……unless it’s a State visit from Biden ….he was invited by Charles last Spring but no set date as yet……? 

I haven’t gone into booking site this morning yet as can’t face any long queues so will just have to take pot luck when finally face the music lol!!  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rosefairy said:

I've now got two options in my basket: either Balcony Row A seat 44 or Stalls Circle Row A seat 60.

Which one would you prefer for Don Q? (With Natalia and Reece in the leads)

I'm quite short so Row A is always good for me because nobody is in front of me.

They are both excellent seats, so it just depends on whether you like to watch it from above or 'straight on'.  If it were one of the classical ballets I would suggest the balcony seat, but for this one the stalls circle would be great.  Just my own opinion, of course!

• Like 1

The only problem with the Stalls Circle seat that I can see is that it's in front of the stairs: you might possibly get an usher and/or a latecomer moving around there - but perhaps someone who's actually sat there can give better advice?

15 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Is anyone else having a delay in getting a confirmation email? Also can't see my tickets showing up in my events yet

There’s generally a delay on the confirmation emails when booking first opens (it’s common with other theatre websites too). If payment was confirmed it ought to be ok. My confirmation email has just arrived. 

Edited by PeterS
  • Thanks 1

Well, I’m pleased to report that between my mum logging on in England and me logging on in Greece we managed to get enough tickets between us for me to run the trip 🥳 We’re spread over three rows which won’t make us popular but at least we’re relatively close to each other! 

• Like 5

I've just gone back in to have one more look in case any tickets have reappeared, only to encounter the ticket limit announcement for the first time. Ironically it's not for Don Q, which I booked a couple of tickets for half an hour ago, but for The Nutcracker, a production I have not yet booked any tickets for this coming season!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I've just gone back in to have one more look in case any tickets have reappeared, only to encounter the ticket limit announcement for the first time. Ironically it's not for Don Q, which I booked a couple of tickets for half an hour ago, but for The Nutcracker, a production I have not yet booked any tickets for this coming season!

And I'm getting the 500 Error page 

Never have I had so much trouble as I've had this morning. I only want to buy one ticket for Don Quixote. I've been sent the 500 error screen, a blank screen when you try to look at the seat map and the you have exceeded your ticket limit screen when I haven't chosen any tickets. I've tried three different browsers. Sigh. Gnash teeth..

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Is anyone else having a delay in getting a confirmation email? Also can't see my tickets showing up in my events yet

I managed to get a Nutcracker ticket - but no mail confirm. However, going to my account, I can see it there, so I'd check there, and worry about the email confirm later