ROH Autumn 23 booking

Guest oncnp

Guest oncnp

As @Bluebird mentioned on the other thread, the seat maps are on the website except for me they're not. Everything coming up blank. ROH says no  problems on their end.

is this just me or is anyone having problems?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a look at the autumn booking productions and I can get seat maps for all the operas (quite pleased by the pricing for L'Elisir & Rigoletto, thank goodness I don't want to see Rheingold) and for most of the ballets but I'm only getting a blank for Don Q. Also The Nutcracker seat map is dated 9th December 1pm which isn't the most helpful as that's the Christmas Treat performance that the general public can't book so I don't know if it has the same prices as the normal performances.

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

As @Bluebird mentioned on the other thread, the seat maps are on the website except for me they're not. Everything coming up blank. ROH says no  problems on their end.

is this just me or is anyone having problems?

As I've just posted on the 23/24 season announcement thread, they've now removed all the seat maps.  They must be having problems with them.

In related news, I just checked the website and the ROH promises information about "prices" for autumn productions in several prominent places - but I can find nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong way.

• Like 1

Friends booking opens next Tuesday June 27 (Premium 2) so I assume Patrons are already able to book. But I haven’t seen any pricing maps nor is there any extra casting information (eg Clara, Hans Peter, Drosselmeyer). I’m hoping there’ll be a Friends e letter this afternoon as they tend to be emailed on Fridays but they’re normally fortnightly and one was sent last Friday. All seems a bit disconcerting to me.

• Like 3

Guest oncnp
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

In related news, I just checked the website and the ROH promises information about "prices" for autumn productions in several prominent places - but I can find nothing. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong way.

You're not. As best I can tell, they have not re-attempted the seat maps since the farce the other day. 

Guest oncnp

They've had another go around the seat maps and as best I can tell, with the exact same results ( or lack thereof).

Doesn't bode well for  booking opening tomorrow 

Edited by oncnp

I’ve had a quick look and it’s a mess. The pricing information simply isn’t there for many seats I’ve tried but it is for some seats (eg Balcony). I hope things work at 9:00am but I’d much prefer to have looked at the information in advance and decided on what seats I’d like to go for before booking opens. And there’s no additional casting information.

• Like 3

Guest oncnp
10 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I’ve had a quick look and it’s a mess. The pricing information simply isn’t there for many seats I’ve tried but it is for some seats (eg Balcony). I hope things work at 9:00am but I’d much prefer to have looked at the information in advance and decided on what seats I’d like to go for before booking opens. And there’s no additional casting information.

And DonQ isn't there at all...

Guest oncnp
2 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Yes it’s up with some scary pricing!

are you able to book? I keep adding seats and being told my cart is empty

4 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Yes it’s up with some scary pricing!

What browser are you using?  I'm not able to book yet but, although the usual seat map comes up for other productions, I get a blank page for Don Q on both Chrome and Firefox.  On Safari I get the filter headings but no seat map.

Just now, PeterS said:

I’m not a Premium friend, I was just looking at ticket prices. I’m wondering if they’re correct or not as SCS for DonQ are £26 !! 

I've just managed to get the ticket prices on Safari and the front side amphi (some of which are very restricted but were, nonetheless,  priced at £34 for Cinderella and Beauty) are priced at £52!  That's surely a mistake.

23 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

What browser are you using?  I'm not able to book yet but, although the usual seat map comes up for other productions, I get a blank page for Don Q on both Chrome and Firefox.  On Safari I get the filter headings but no seat map.

Safari on my iPhone.

not all seats have prices attached to them (?) but some that do show:

Don Q: top price orchestra stalls £150 v SCS £26
(I’ve just checked my history and for Don Q in 2019 it was O/S £120 v SCS £10.)
Anemoi: O/S £110 v SCS £9
Dante: O/S £130 v SCS £14
Nutcracker/ O/S £160 v SCS £12

Edited by PeterS
2019 prices
  • Thanks 2

Guest oncnp
27 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

Edge, Chrome, incognito, cleared cache, cleared cookies (twice), rebooted computer. Everything else seems to be working except DonQ (the only ting I want to see)

30 minutes ago, PeterS said:

I’m not a Premium friend, I was just looking at ticket prices. I’m wondering if they’re correct or not as SCS for DonQ are £26 !! 

This is the reason why I wanted to check Don q pricing as thought there must have been a mistake in the magazine. I guess not! 
I also wondered if they might be testing pricing for this production elsewhere in the house so interested to see any other changes.

i would have thought that perhaps nutcracker standing might be snapped up with a higher price as it sells so well- results for Don q could be interesting.

Edited by Blossom
Added content

I've just been called by the box office.  There are still problems with the Don Q pages.  Very annoying as this caused my basket to be emptied earlier (but with the tickets I had selected then still showing as unavailable, so I had to wait 45 minutes to start again on those tickets.

Not very impressed.

• Like 2

Guest oncnp

From the box office

We are experiencing a technical issue with Don Quixote which is now off-sale. We apologise for the inconvenience.

If you would like to purchase ticket(s) please reply to this email with the following:

• Your booking details
  • Number of tickets
  • Seats or general area
  • Access or extra information

We are working to resolve the issue promptly, once rectified we will make a reservation for you and send you a confirmation email to arrange payment later.

We appreciate your understanding and thank you for your patience.  

Very frustrating re DonQ although I’ve managed to get all other tickets without any difficulties. The £26 DonQ standing ticket price (if correct) is more expensive than Das Rheingold standing ticket price (£25).

Guest oncnp
2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Very frustrating re DonQ although I’ve managed to get all other tickets without any difficulties. The £26 DonQ standing ticket price (if correct) is more expensive than Das Rheingold standing ticket price (£25).

Perhaps the computer choked over the prices and that caused the problems. 

Testing...what a concept. And why did it take them an hour and who knows how many complaints to realize something was wrong? 

Edited by oncnp

5 minutes ago, JohnS said:

it did cross my mind that whoever set the prices thinks that Don Q is an opera 😉

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Edge, Chrome, incognito, cleared cache, cleared cookies (twice), rebooted computer. Everything else seems to be working except DonQ (the only ting I want to see)

Since I can't get Safari on my PC, I just downloaded the Opera browser and the Don Q seating plan is showing on there (with its exorbitant and, hopefully, incorrect prices) It's still not showing on Chrome and Firefox.

Edited to add that it's now showing on Edge as well

Edited by Bluebird

Guest oncnp

With the change in date, e-mailed the box office to ask if that meant the problem won't be fixed today.....

We are currently working on a fix to the problem and you will be contacted by email as soon as the tickets are available to be booked. Thank you for your patience and please do not hesitate to contact us should you need more information or assistance. 

Whilst DonQ booking is a mess, I’m impressed by the Box Office call back and the offer to take down details of the tickets I’d like to reserve them. But I’d much prefer to make decisions when I can see what’s available so I’ve opted for a phone call when on line sales are made available.

I asked about the £26 standing price and that seemed to be one of several issues being examined. But I f the standing price is incorrect I’m not sure how it can be a ‘technical’ issue as it’s more a pricing policy error where there’s been insufficient review. 

• Like 2

I think PeterS has worked out the problem. Taking amphi prices as an example, the pricing  is exactly the same as the opera pricing with rear side amphi £36 and front side amphi £52. For ballet they’re normally the same price . Similarly, as for opera,  the very back row in the amphi  (W) and most upper slips are the same price as SCS whereas for ballet, they have a higher price band than SCS

Guest oncnp
11 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

I think PeterS has worked out the problem. Taking amphi prices as an example, the pricing  is exactly the same as the opera pricing with rear side amphi £36 and front side amphi £52. For ballet they’re normally the same price . Similarly, as for opera,  the very back row in the amphi  (W) and most upper slips are the same price as SCS whereas for ballet, they have a higher price band than SCS

I hope you are right and they are having a re-think on those prices but why today? Surely that should have been done prior to tickets (supposedly) going on sale?