ROH Autumn 23 booking

Guest oncnp

29 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Whilst DonQ booking is a mess, I’m impressed by the Box Office call back and the offer to take down details of the tickets I’d like to reserve them. But I’d much prefer to make decisions when I can see what’s available so I’ve opted for a phone call when on line sales are made available.

I asked about the £26 standing price and that seemed to be one of several issues being examined. But I f the standing price is incorrect I’m not sure how it can be a ‘technical’ issue as it’s more a pricing policy error where there’s been insufficient review. 

If the SCS prices for DonQ are correct (surely not!) that will scupper my autumn ballet viewing even more than it already is!

• Like 6

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, PeterS said:

Safari on my iPhone.

not all seats have prices attached to them (?) but some that do show:

Don Q: top price orchestra stalls £150 v SCS £26
(I’ve just checked my history and for Don Q in 2019 it was O/S £120 v SCS £10.)
Anemoi: O/S £110 v SCS £9
Dante: O/S £130 v SCS £14
Nutcracker/ O/S £160 v SCS £12

If those are their top prices for DQ, Anemoi/Cellist and Dante, I reckon there’ll be another “we’re offering discounts” email for these ballets! Also, it’s not logical that the SCS price for Dante is higher than SCS for Nutcracker. 

• Like 2

Guest oncnp

From the box office. Check your e-mail for the full announcement

Unfortunately, due to a technical error, tickets will remain off sale until further notice.

A separate on-sale for all performances of Don Quixote will be announced in due course.

Edited by oncnp

I presume there are no additional details for casting of the Nutcracker available when booking? Hopefully there might be something more when I can book next week!

Many thanks @oncnp - I haven’t received an email but does your email suggest that DonQ tickets won’t be on sale at 9:00 tomorrow morning? I thought at one stage there was a suggestion that the booking date for DonQ for Premium 2 Friends had been put back 24 hours.

Guest oncnp
Just now, JohnS said:

Many thanks @oncnp - I haven’t received an email but does your email suggest that DonQ tickets won’t be on sale at 9:00 tomorrow morning? I thought at one stage there was a suggestion that the booking date for DonQ for Premium 2 Friends had been put back 24 hours.

It had this AM ( I cut & pasted that post) but now it's back to 27 June. 

It is anyone's guess what "in due course" means....

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

The full email to Premium One Friends:

We are emailing to inform you that performances of Don Quixote will not be available for booking tomorrow (28 June) due to a technical issue, and will remain off sale until further notice. All other Main Stage and Linbury Theatre performances will open for booking at 9am.

A separate on-sale for all performances of Don Quixote will be announced in due course.

We are working to resolve the issue and apologise again for this situation.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest oncnp
10 minutes ago, MJW said:

I presume there are no additional details for casting of the Nutcracker available when booking? Hopefully there might be something more when I can book next week!

No, no additional details yet

Guest oncnp
3 minutes ago, Bluebird said:

The full email to Premium One Friends:

We are emailing to inform you that performances of Don Quixote will not be available for booking tomorrow (28 June) due to a technical issue, and will remain off sale until further notice. All other Main Stage and Linbury Theatre performances will open for booking at 9am.

We are working to resolve the issue and apologise again for this situation.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

You got a more detailed one than I did. Thanks!

That saves me another 3:30 AM morning.

Edited by oncnp

13 minutes ago, MJW said:

Agree with you that the Clara and Hans Peter casting is crucial to booking choices but having more information any time soon is surely very doubtful given that the Director is currently in Japan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, capybara said:

Agree with you that the Clara and Hans Peter casting is crucial to booking choices but having more information any time soon is surely very doubtful given that the Director is currently in Japan.

I will have to book on the basis of the minimal casting information then, and hope for the best.

I’m currently at ROH and they just told me the Don Q issue is not yet fixed but that the standing price for Don Q is probably wrong and should be the same as Nutcracker standing…apparently the over price all part of the current issues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LinMM said:

I’m currently at ROH and they just told me the Don Q issue is not yet fixed but that the standing price for Don Q is probably wrong and should be the same as Nutcracker standing…apparently the over price all part of the current issues. 

That's odd because IIRC this was the price published in the Friends magazine (I don't have it with me but it was discussed on this forum).

There was a fair amount of comment on ballet standing prices when the 2023-24 season was announced. The information published at the time had the following ballet standing prices:

Nutcracker, the most expensive ballet in the Autumn with top price £160, standing was £12;

Don Q and Dante standing was £14 (top prices £150 and £130);

Cellist standing was £9 (top price £110).

I think Nutcracker standing prices have for some reason been a little out of step (less expensive) compared to other ballets. 

• Like 1

But I think it is hardly justified to possibly be charging over double the Nutcracker standing ticket price for Don Q. 
I was told this evening the standing price is charged relative to other prices so in your post above JohnS it still doesn’t make sense to charge £14 if the top price is £150! It should be the other way round if prices are relative etc! 
It kind of looks like nobody in the ROH ticket pricing and sales knows what they are doing 🙃🙄

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Scheherezade said:

Which isn’t exactly good news for any of us.

Well, it could be if they accidentally price the tickets more cheaply than intended when they finally go online. Back in December I was doing Friday rush for the Nutcracker & found tickets that should have been £64 had been put on sale for only £48! Someone had evidently put them online at the wrong price.

• Like 1

Guest oncnp

Interestingly, DonQ now seems to have disappeared entirely from the website. I'm sure they are just reloading it (it was there earlier this AM). So progress of a sort (I hope)

Guest oncnp

DonQ is back up on the website with new booking dates. No seat maps or casting yet and currently a single performance on 4 Oct so they must still working on it.  Sort of like the Cheshire cat, it is gradually appearing. 

View priority booking dates
General: 2 August 2023, 9am
Young ROH: 1 August 2023, 9am
Friends: 11 July 2023, 9am
Young Friends: 11 July 2023, 9am
Friends+: 6 July 2023, 9am
Supporting Friends: 5 July 2023, 3pm
Premium 1 Friends: 5 July 2023, 12pm
Premium 2 Friends: 5 July 2023, 10am

Edited by oncnp

Not sure if I am relieved that all will be sorted ready for my Friends+ booking or whether it would have reduced the pressure to have been later!

Interested to see if  there are any pricing adjustments...

I hope they sort out Don Q soon so they remove the alert from all over the website. I tried to save last night's cast sheet to a .pdf only to find the alert was even showing up on that. As I don't want to save the alert for posterity, I hope it goes soon so I can download a normal cast sheet.

Having Premium 1 and 2 Friends and Supporting Friends booking priorities all on the same day, just separated by an hour or two sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hope the technology has been really sorted by then. You think they could have spread it out a bit between then and the 11th when ordinary Friends starts. There should be at least an offer of a free programme for inconvenience caused, like they did a year or so ago. 

• Like 3

Guest oncnp
3 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Having Premium 1 and 2 Friends and Supporting Friends booking priorities all on the same day, just separated by an hour or two sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hope the technology has been really sorted by then. You think they could have spread it out a bit between then and the 11th when ordinary Friends starts. There should be at least an offer of a free programme for inconvenience caused, like they did a year or so ago. 

Agreed. The ROH has taken the production down again so maybe a more reasonable schedule will emerge 

Many thanks @oncnp. I’ve just got home and couldn’t see the new booking dates. And DonQ seems to have disappeared from the calendar.

I spoke to the Box Office as I was wondering what was happening about Friends who might have put in their booking requests over the phone which was an option that was offered for a time on Tuesday. I’m assured that it’s a completely new start on 5 August and Friends have not been able to reserve tickets in advance of the new timetable. Here’s hoping all goes smoothly on 5 August.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Many thanks @oncnp. I’ve just got home and couldn’t see the new booking dates. And DonQ seems to have disappeared from the calendar.

I spoke to the Box Office as I was wondering what was happening about Friends who might have put in their booking requests over the phone which was an option that was offered for a time on Tuesday. I’m assured that it’s a completely new start on 5 August and Friends have not been able to reserve tickets in advance of the new timetable. Here’s hoping all goes smoothly on 5 August.

It's 5 July, isn't it (at least for higher level Friends)? Or is there another update?!

26 minutes ago, JohnS said:

a completely new start on 5 August

3 hours ago, oncnp said:
View priority booking dates
General: 2 August 2023, 9am
Young ROH: 1 August 2023, 9am
Friends: 11 July 2023, 9am
Young Friends: 11 July 2023, 9am
Friends+: 6 July 2023, 9am
Supporting Friends: 5 July 2023, 3pm
Premium 1 Friends: 5 July 2023, 12pm
Premium 2 Friends: 5 July 2023, 10am

Note for your diary @JohnS, if oncnp’s post is correct. If you wait until August 5th, you risk being disappointed….

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
2 minutes ago, bridiem said:

It's 5 July, isn't it (at least for higher level Friends)? Or is there another update?!

It was 5 July before it was taken down (again!) 

9 minutes ago, bridiem said:

I was going on @oncnp’s post above but I guess 5 July has to be confirmed. The Box Office team member I spoke to is working on the basis that booking begins on 5 July.

Edited by JohnS
Sorry - goodness knows where August crept in!
  • Like 1