ROH Autumn 23 booking

Guest oncnp

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, rosefairy said:

Thank you! I've now picked the Stalls Circle seat and just purchased it. Hope the confirmation email will come through soon😅

go into your account on the ROH website, and you should see it there. The mails get a bit bogged down on a major booking day. There is a button there to mail it to yourself for further reassurance 🙂

18 minutes ago, Verity said:

Never have I had so much trouble as I've had this morning. I only want to buy one ticket for Don Quixote. I've been sent the 500 error screen, a blank screen when you try to look at the seat map and the you have exceeded your ticket limit screen when I haven't chosen any tickets. I've tried three different browsers. Sigh. Gnash teeth..

I’m now having the same experience on phone & laptop both logged in and out of my account. This is after clearing browser history and going Incognito. Seems the site has totally short-circuited. 
What larks Pip!

• Like 3

Well I decided to have a quick dip into the website ….now booking has been open for over an hour and a half already….and tried to book Northern ballet in Linbury but although there was no queue just keeps coming up with Error page or a blank seating page 🙄
The ROH are really just not my favourite organisation at the moment ☹️
Am going up to London a bit later on to see Jewels tonight…..well that was the plan…but it’s blowing a real gale here in Brighton right now and there’s now a weather warning on travelling in Sussex and Kent 😬

It must be that super moon or something! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinMM said:

…but it’s blowing a real gale here in Brighton right now and there’s now a weather warning on travelling in Sussex and Kent 😬

It's more like April here in south London - sunshine, showers, breezy now and then to scoot the showers through...

• Like 1

The only problem I had was when I went to basket it was empty a couple of times, but I'm guessing that was the tickets being sold before I checked them out? I'm not sure.

Otherwise very smooth, and was over the moon to find my favourite seats in the stalls circle available for Don Q 30th, so quickly snatched them up. Also the same ones for Nutcracker Fumi/Bracewell, so the gods were smiling down on me

Some nice bookings, cannot wait for Natalia and Marci's Don Q, imagine that'll be fireworks.

The only thing not happy is my bank balance...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

I've just gone back in to have one more look in case any tickets have reappeared, only to encounter the ticket limit announcement for the first time. 

I got that for 'The Limit' in the Linbury. Very ironic, especially as I haven't bought any for that yet!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

Saying all that, the mail confirm arrived (about an hour or so after purchase).

I got mine for Don Q quite quickly, but I'm still waiting for confirmation for Dante/Northern ballet 3 short ballets.

Not showing up in events yet, and no confirmation email.

It's been an hour or so, not sure if it's worth contacting the box office

Edited by art_enthusiast

1 hour ago, alison said:

Never before have I booked so few tickets for so much money: 6 tickets, 3 figures, even including several standing :(

Same here. The side front amphi tickets I bought for Don Quixote 19/11 Osipova/Clark B75 and 76 were £52 each - could’ve sworn they were about £35 in the not too distant past. All the other tickets I bought were SCS as it’s the only way I can get anywhere close to the stage on my budget. Tbh it is just going to mean I go a LOT less.

Biggest disappointment is that I received a gift certificate for my birthday that I wanted to spend on a front row of stalls circle, grand tier or balcony to see Marianela dance Don Quixote. I’ve been waiting for the last few years for the chance, but when I finally got through to the seat maps at about 9.15am they’d all gone in row A. So I ended up with a SCS for one of her performances instead. Feeling a bit sad.

• Like 3

Well some success! 
Finally got the Northern ticket in Linbury for 1st November!! 
And now just booked Magri/Corrales Nutcracker which bought on a credit for a returned ticket so that felt good! 
I haven’t booked Don Q as just not sure what to do at this point. 

I usually just do my number one preferences on booking day and take longer deciding over other performances. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Same here. The side front amphi tickets I bought for Don Quixote 19/11 Osipova/Clark B75 and 76 were £52 each - could’ve sworn they were about £35 in the not too distant past.

Like last season?  And £10 less than that in a not-much-more-distant season.  And even then we were complaining at the hefty increase from (well) under £20 :(  It's totally ludicrous - those seats just aren't worth that sort of money.

I'm wondering if the ROH has got someone new in in Marketing - these ridiculous prices surely can't be simply trying to recover from Covid, surely?  But if they're alienating their regular ticket purchasers, that's really not a good idea.  The odd newbie who will come to the occasional performance only isn't going to replace them easily.

• Like 4

Question: I would really like to see Marianela in Don Quixote and wanted to sit at front of grand tier ideally but no such seats are available for any of her performances. I have a gift certificate to use and this will be a one off as I’d never usually sit in the expensive seats. I have just seen there is a front, central balcony available for £125. Question is would I be best to buy this seat? or wait in the hope of a row A return for the grand tier - or just save the certificate for an expensive seat to see her at a later date? Decisions decisions. Any advice would be very gratefully received. 

Edited by Angela Essex

A friend who is a Friend is taking me to don q for my 62nd! I am eschewing anything else for now in hope of having the funds for Manon etc. I did go in to see how booking was, and while some juicy options are gone there are an awful lot of seats available. Same at Summer at Snape. Emails daily offering discounted tickets in the west end. People do not have the cash. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Question: I would really like to see Marianela in Don Quixote and wanted to sit at front of grand tier ideally but no such seats are available for any of her performances. I have a gift certificate to use and this will be a one off as I’d never usually sit in the expensive seats. I have just seen there is a front, central balcony available for £125. Question is would I be best to buy this seat? or wait in the hope of a row A return for the grand tier - or just save the certificate for an expensive seat to see her at a later date? Decisions decisions. Any advice would be very gratefully received. 

You could always buy the seat now and keep looking and then return that one if you're not happy to keep it/would prefer the grand tier seat? At least if you buy it you know you have that option.

• Like 2

I've finally managed to book the single Nutcracker I wanted. Adding the ticket to my basket before signing in seemed to work for getting round the exceeded ticket limit message. (I also worked out that the only way I could have exceeded the ticket limit would be if they'd counted every Nutcracker I've ever seen at the ROH including the 2 performances that were cancelled in 2021, as they add up to 8!)

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Angela Essex said:

Just thinking: if you "spend" the gift certificate and then wait for a Row A return and return your Balcony ticket, won't you get back the value of the gift certificate minus £4 anyway?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, alison said:

Like last season?  And £10 less than that in a not-much-more-distant season.  And even then we were complaining at the hefty increase from (well) under £20 :(  It's totally ludicrous - those seats just aren't worth that sort of money.

I'm wondering if the ROH has got someone new in in Marketing - these ridiculous prices surely can't be simply trying to recover from Covid, surely?  But if they're alienating their regular ticket purchasers, that's really not a good idea.  The odd newbie who will come to the occasional performance only isn't going to replace them easily.

Yes I agree entirely. I’m getting fed up of my only options being fleeced to sit in the gods and not see as much as I’d of liked or having to stand and tire myself out. I used to be able to get a row C or D balcony loose seat for a decent price - about £30 but can’t seem to now, so I’ll be going to the ROH a lot less. Usually I book at least one ticket for everything on the main stage, but this time I’m seeing 2 Don Qs and 1 Nut and that’s it. 

• Like 1

As still trying to get Nov7th off my chest I think the ROH owe it to punters to announce what is so special about this day for an invited audience sooner rather than later….not in the vague coming weeks. 
This is because depending on exactly what the reason is for closing booking so suddenly to be reserved for the invited guests one might be deciding on the likelihood of any returns for this day or not. All this secrecy is just rather childish it seems to me though acknowledge my tantrum about it is roughly on the same level!! 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, LinMM said:

As still trying to get Nov7th off my chest I think the ROH owe it to punters to announce what is so special about this day for an invited audience sooner rather than later….not in the vague coming weeks. 

I quite agree. I know there are invite-only performances and that Friends get access to performances the general public do not - i.e. the Friends Rehearsals - but it does not seem very fair that a performance that was initially advertised as being open to the general public has suddenly been turned into an invite-and-Friends-only performance mere hours before public booking was due to open.

PS Hope your trains oblige this afternoon. I've had to switch to a stopping train to Liverpool Street after I discovered half an hour before leaving home that the fast train to Kings Cross I was intending to get had been cancelled. (I'm going to a matinee first - the trains aren't yet quite bad enough for it to take 7 hours to get from Cambridgeshire to the ROH!)

Edited by Dawnstar
  • Like 1

I've heard from someone I know who was booking to see the RB's Nutcracker for the first time. I'm not sure if he's ever been to the ROH before but he certainly hasn't for a long time & he had to create an account before booking. Yet he got the exceeding ticket limit message when trying to book a single ticket from a newly created account! What is up with the ROH's website?! Fortunately he's an extremely experienced theatre ticket booker in general & I'd warned him there might be problems so he persisted & was able to book after a bit. It's hardly encouraging to new audiences in general though if first time bookers can get those errors.

• Like 8

Any advice on what to do if you're getting no confirmation email or tickets showing up in events? And it's been 2 hours or more. I got the Don Q ones but my other 2 for Dante and Northern Ballet haven't shown up on my account, nor do I have a confirmation email yet. I've got the 'thank you for your purchase' confirmation window open with the order number.

Emailed twice with no response. Absolutely no point in phoning as the message says waiting times are 1 hour and a half - and I can't even get through at all, they just keep circling back to the recorded message.

I hate the feeling of having spent money but with 0 confirmation of my purchase. Did I get the tickets, did someone else get them instead? Did my money disappear into the ether?

I am working, I really don't have time for this! Can't afford to take days off to wrestle with the ROH website...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Any advice on what to do if you're getting no confirmation email or tickets showing up in events? And it's been 2 hours or more. I got the Don Q ones but my other 2 for Dante and Northern Ballet haven't shown up on my account, nor do I have a confirmation email yet. I've got the 'thank you for your purchase' confirmation window open with the order number.

I think that if you got the 'thank you for your purchase' message it must be OK. I think I've sometimes had a long gap until the email confirmations came through, so I hope yours will arrive before long.

Adding another voice that this morning was the worst ticket-buying experience ever. A long queue, then managed to put tickets for approximately 6 dates in my basket. Then suddenly at the stage at which I wanted to remove one of the shows from the basket and check out, it wouldn't let me see my basket, then declared my basket empty, then went to a full hour of seatmap not loading, Error 500, you have exceeded your ticket limit, etc etc. Eventually I managed to purchase most tickets I wanted, but it took 2 1/2 hours! Tried 2 browsers, logging in, logging out, incognito window, phone on 4G instead of wifi...

Also annoyed about the price rises of course. Opera is looking decent value in comparison - bought Rigoletto amphi tickets for £49 that would be £52 for Don Q!

• Like 3