ROH summer season 2023 booking

No problems this morning, prices not too high either, very different from the Russian Summer Seasons in the past where I could pay over £500, they have put together a much cheaper and very different mix of works, hope it sells!

• Like 1

using Chrome, for Friends Rehearsal booking this morning, i got a message: 

Sorry you have exceeded your ticket limit

This may be because you have already purchased tickets to this performance or because you already have tickets for this performance in your basket.

i was then unable to sign into my account at all, getting:

Please check your email address and password

there is nothing wrong with these so i phoned in, was told, by a very helpful operator, to use another browser, go Incognito etc then she received a message that the system had issues.  ROH having owned the problem, I was able then to book on the phone. 

plus ça change.....

Edited by PeterS
detail
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PeterS said:

for Friends Rehearsal booking this morning, i got a message: 

Sorry you have exceeded your ticket limit

This may be because you have already purchased tickets to this performance or because you already have tickets for this performance in your basket.

i phoned in, was told that the system had issues,  and was able to book on the phone. 

plus ça change.....

I got the same message at some point, and that was after the website taking ages to actually allowing me to access the seating plan.  I went back and started the whole process anew, I was then successful in getting into the triple bill page and book my ticket.  It was rather frustrating though.

How difficult is it to have servers that can take a bit of pressure on booking day?!?

• Like 3

Yup, me too. After lots of excitement this was eventually sorted by 9.15 - but I am wondering, not for the first time, why I pay extra money for early booking when the system finds it so hard to deliver. This after all follows *years* of complaining about the website.

You'd have thought they might have expected people to try and buy tickets this morning and so prepared themselves. 

Crinkly sulky mouth emoji. 

• Like 3

In addition to my similar struggles with the ROH website (no Werther rehearsal ticket for me 😔), I also then experienced Garsington Opera's website completely imploding on release of Under 35s membership at 10am. At least Garsington was very courteous when I called and reserved a membership for me, whereas ROH just went unanswered...

• Like 1

Same problem for me. Reported it. Response;

Many thanks for your email, and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have been informed that the issue has now been resolved, and you should be able to book your allocated Rehearsal tickets without any further issues.

If you are still experiencing problems, please try booking using a private browser window, or Incognito Mode, or just log out and in again from your account.

Should you experience any further issues, please do not hesitate in getting in touch with us.

• 4 weeks later...

Public Booking Opens for New Wayne McGregor/ Corybantic Games/ Anastasia Act III,  Next Generation Festival 2023, a few operas, Carlos at 50, Jewels and The Australian Ballet: 60th Anniversary Celebration Opens very soon! I assume most of you are friends but for those who aren’t this is your time. I’m interested to sell how these sell. Sorry if I’m stepping on somebody else’s ground for this, but as of now one has posted yet

I was a couple of minutes late to join booking (got distracted by a minor work emergency) so had a nervous 10 minute wait while I queued for the RBS performance, which opened this morning for everyone not RBS-affiliated, including Friends. Not many tickets left by the time I got there but I'm happy to have got anything frankly!

The process worked fine for me - it's been a while since it didn't.

Absolutely shocked to see that the prices for Carlos at 50, with a very largely unspecified programme and cast, are even more eye-watering than for Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  I'd been hoping I might actually be able to afford to sit down for once :( 

Australian Ballet tickets seem to be selling well, but demonstrating the "ooh, I can afford a better seat lower down for this" mindset.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alison said:

Absolutely shocked to see that the prices for Carlos at 50, with a very largely unspecified programme and cast, are even more eye-watering than for Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  I'd been hoping I might actually be able to afford to sit down for once :( 

Mercifully not for the cheapest stalls circle seats, which are £3 cheaper than for Cinderella. Still awfully expensive mind!

I managed to get everything I wanted except Laura Morera's last performance, which probably unsurprisingly didn't have any of the cheapest stalls circle seats left. I'll have to hope I can get a Friday rush ticket for it.

I see for the Australian Ballet performances the stalls circle seats that would usually be Friday rush tickets are already on sale so presumably they're not doing Friday rush for those performances. I had debated about leaving booking for their Gala until the programme was announced but decided I'd therefore better book immediately.

• Like 1

I was trying to see if any seats had been held back for public booking for the Royal Ballet School’s summer performance - I have a ticket via Friends of the School but would have liked to see if there were any better tickets. I’m finding the performance seems not to be available for public booking but I am having some broadband problems. Has anyone had any success in booking for the School’s performance this morning?

Guest oncnp
4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I was trying to see if any seats had been held back for public booking for the Royal Ballet School’s summer performance - I have a ticket via Friends of the School but would have liked to see if there were any better tickets. I’m finding the performance seems not to be available for public booking but I am having some broadband problems. Has anyone had any success in booking for the School’s performance this morning?

The only "seats" showing availabe are the "R" in the amphi but I was able to add to my cart

6 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

I managed to get everything I wanted except Laura Morera's last performance, which probably unsurprisingly didn't have any of the cheapest stalls circle seats left. I'll have to hope I can get a Friday rush ticket for it.

Phew.  Thank you, Dawnstar - the website had scrolled me straight past that bill, so I hadn't noticed it, and I'd forgotten I actually needed to book a ticket for Morera's final performance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Seems to be working for me, but there aren’t many tickets left. I forgot to mention this in my previous post, Lost in the sea of operas around these dates.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oncnp said:

The only "seats" showing availabe are the "R" in the amphi but I was able to add to my cart

Yeah there’s a few in the upper and lower slips, they are quite similar to the colour of already sold so it’s hard to work out.

Damn....the reminders function on my iPhone failed to remind me of the booking opening today and only just seen this...my place for the RBS performance is in the attic of the amphitheatre!!!🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, alison said:

Phew.  Thank you, Dawnstar - the website had scrolled me straight past that bill, so I hadn't noticed it, and I'd forgotten I actually needed to book a ticket for Morera's final performance.

And now have realised that the website offered me the wrong date, so I now have an unwanted ticket.  Fortunately have booked the correct date now.

BTW, does anyone know why most of the amphi is appearing in black for the mixed bill?  It makes it very difficult to see where the price bands are.

1 minute ago, Rob S said:

Damn....the reminders function on my iPhone failed to remind me of the booking opening today and only just seen this...my place for the RBS performance is in the attic of the amphitheatre!!!🤦‍♂️

I was on the page at 9am and there was nothing left but restricted view seats only. Nothing in the stalls or front rows of the stalls circle at all!

Seems like there were hardly any reserved for public booking to be begin with.

• Like 1

Guest oncnp
4 minutes ago, alison said:

And now have realised that the website offered me the wrong date, so I now have an unwanted ticket.  Fortunately have booked the correct date now.

BTW, does anyone know why most of the amphi is appearing in black for the mixed bill?  It makes it very difficult to see where the price bands are.

With all the price bands (22), they ran out of colors? 

Edited by oncnp

29 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Mercifully not for the cheapest stalls circle seats, which are £3 cheaper than for Cinderella. Still awfully expensive mind!

I see for the Australian Ballet performances the stalls circle seats that would usually be Friday rush tickets are already on sale so presumably they're not doing Friday rush for those performances. I had debated about leaving booking for their Gala until the programme was announced but decided I'd therefore better book immediately.

We can assume some things for the hints written in the programme description: from work by Rudolf Nureyev and Yuri Possokhov to contemporary creations by Pam Tanowitz, alongside a work by leading Australian choreographer Alice Topp.

Here’s what I think these choreographers works are bing shown.

Rudolf Nureyev: possible excerpts from Don Quixote and Pas de duex Le Corsaire

Pam Tanowitz: Watermark, commissioned by The Australian Ballet (2021)

Yuri Possokhov: Anna Karenina, presumably Italy pas de duex

Alice Topp: We can assume something from, Aurumn (2018), Annealing (2022) or paragon (2023)

These are just my assumptions! That was so long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

I was on the page at 9am and there was nothing left but restricted view seats only. Nothing in the stalls or front rows of the stalls circle at all!

Oh ok, thank you that makes me feel a bit better🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

To expand on my experience: I only clicked the "buy" button at 9.02 (got delayed by work!) and then waited in the queue for 10 minutes. By the time I was through at 9.12, most remaining tickets were nosebleed/restricted but a few slightly better ones were still available.

I don't begrudge the scarceness of tickets for public booking as it seems right to me that parents and RBS Friends take priority. (To be clear, ROH Friends did not get priority booking for the RBS show.)

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I managed to get G43 and 44 in the amphi. When I checked back 15 minutes later to see if anything else had become available, there were only RV and amphi standing left.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Booking opened for Friends of the RBS last month and, apart from a limited number of Stalls Circle Standing places, the Amphitheatre was the only area that showed availability.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

I don't begrudge the scarceness of tickets for public booking as it seems right to me that parents and RBS Friends take priority. (To be clear, ROH Friends did not get priority booking for the RBS show.)

Indeed. Seems a bit like false advertising though - should say general booking open for restricted view only!

I assume they will still be doing the Holland Park ones though 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Indeed. Seems a bit like false advertising though - should say general booking open for restricted view only!

For those online at 9 o'clock, there were quite a few non-restricted view tickets available, including some in the central section of the balcony.

9 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Yes they are (and public booking is already open).

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

JohnS, there are some Upper and lower slips tickets left.

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

We can assume some things for the hints written in the programme description: from work by Rudolf Nureyev and Yuri Possokhov to contemporary creations by Pam Tanowitz, alongside a work by leading Australian choreographer Alice Topp.

Here’s what I think these choreographers works are bing shown.

Rudolf Nureyev: possible excerpts from Don Quixote and Pas de duex Le Corsaire

Pam Tanowitz: Watermark, commissioned by The Australian Ballet (2021)

Yuri Possokhov: Anna Karenina, presumably Italy pas de duex

Alice Topp: We can assume something from, Aurumn (2018), Annealing (2022) or paragon (2023)

These are just my assumptions! That was so long.

If that's the case then I should enjoy the Nureyev quarter of the programme, I'm unlikely to like the Tanowitz, and I've never seen anything by Possokhov or Topp. Hmm, maybe I should have held off booking after all!

1 hour ago, art_enthusiast said:

Has anyone seen the RBS at Holland Park since the auditorium was reconfigured? If so do they use the new stage extension round the orchestra pit or only the main stage? I'm thinking about booking & my ticket choice would be different depending on whether or not the stage extension will be used.

• Like 1