ROH summer season 2023 booking

3 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

If that's the case then I should enjoy the Nureyev quarter of the programme, I'm unlikely to like the Tanowitz, and I've never seen anything by Possokhov or Topp. Hmm, maybe I should have held off booking after all!

Has anyone seen the RBS at Holland Park since the auditorium was reconfigured? If so do they use the new stage extension round the orchestra pit or only the main stage? I'm thinking about booking & my ticket choice would be different depending on whether or not the stage extension will be used.

Yuri Possokhov’s Anna Karenina was exhilarating and spectacular, I don’t know if you will like it though. (I assume that’s the one of his works they will perform as it’s the only one in the repertoire)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Yuri Possokhov’s Anna Karenina was exhilarating and spectacular, I don’t know if you will like it though. (I assume that’s the one of his works they will perform as it’s the only one in the repertoire)

I wish the would announce the full programme but let’s hope it’s soon.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

Has anyone seen the RBS at Holland Park since the auditorium was reconfigured? If so do they use the new stage extension round the orchestra pit or only the main stage? I'm thinking about booking & my ticket choice would be different depending on whether or not the stage extension will be used.

Only the main stage.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bangorballetboy said:

For those online at 9 o'clock, there were quite a few non-restricted view tickets available, including some in the central section of the balcony.

Yes they are (and public booking is already open).

Being "online" and "able to access the seating plan" are too different things, unfortunately.

Thanks for the Holland Park information, I've now booked one of those performances.

• Like 1

I had a reminder earlier in the week from ROH to book before today so yesterday evening I booked for Carlos and the Australian ballet.

Managed to get a ticket this morning for the RBS Summer somewhere in the balcony but hopefully a less restricted seat will become available beforehand (that’s how I managed to get my seat last year)

As I think @alison mentioned a lot of the seats were dark greyed out - not sure what was going on there.

Just noticed this error on the RBS show page:

RUNNING TIME

The performance lasts approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes, including an interval.

APPROXIMATE RUNNING TIMES:

Act I: 1 hour 10 minutes

Interval: 25 minutes

Act II: 1 hour 5 minutes

• Like 1

Well I got everything I wanted mostly sitting in my favourite row D seat in the Balcony …..except RBS July performance 😥

I guess there will be quite a few of us after any tickets going on the Forum nearer the time!! 
I was surprised with The Younger Generation programmes in the Linbury that the BRB2 programme was far more fully booked than the RBS one ….well at about midday today anyway I would say it’s going to sell out very soon. 

Edited by LinMM
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Just noticed this error on the RBS show page:

RUNNING TIME

The performance lasts approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes, including an interval.

APPROXIMATE RUNNING TIMES:

Act I: 1 hour 10 minutes

Interval: 25 minutes

Act II: 1 hour 5 minutes

I noticed that a couple of months ago when booking my train tickets, and it nearly caught me out. Thankfully I had my wits about me and booked my train home for 7pm. I had meant to email them about it but forgot! 

• Like 1

I had a very odd experience when booking opened. I logged on, had a wait of 15 mins as warned (it was more like 10mins to queue, not bad, and 5 minutes for the seat availability to load up). Found my shows, selected two performances and went to checkout, applied a box office credit I had, did all the credit card details including the ID verification via the phone, and they sent a summary saying that the sale had gone through, box office credit in my account  gone. Went to browse the rest of the shows and buy a couple of other (less popular, I assumed) shows while waiting for the email confirmation and the tickets to appear in my ROH account.

After buying two more performances and browsing a few other dates, I went to look for the tickets in my account. How odd- the first purchase wasn’t there (even though the sale summary had come and credit card verification had been successful). The later two purchases were there. Likewise for the emails (no confirmation email for the first one, but the later two were there). So I thought, do I wait in case it’s just delayed in the system or do I buy again and risk ending up with the double the number of tickets? 

I waited a bit more.....by now it’s 2 hours after I started the whole booking process. Still no tickets in my account, and now the credit voucher is back sitting in my account as though I never touched it. So I re-booked new seats  (my original choices of tickets had gone when I first checked, but I wasn’t sure if they’d gone to me or other buyers!) and paid with the credit card again and this time the tickets and confirmation email came. 

I calculated that if I did get double sets of tickets and erroneously paid twice, it was easier to return 1 set while still having my own tickets to attend with, than to wait, ring up to investigate, then find that the areas I wanted were sold out. (My credit card takes 2 days to publish the sale so it won’t tell me if the sale has gone through at the time.) 

*Just a cautionary tale to warn everyone to check within 5-10 minutes that your tickets and email do actually arrive, and not to assume that the “thank you for buying” message at the end proves the sale was successful or you might get a shock later on, or on the day of the show! * * 

[The old, faster version of the website used to have a prominent warning after paying that said “this is not proof the sale was successful, please wait for the confirmation email” but just in case some readers are new and have never used the old, faster software, I thought I’d share this as a reminder, as the current website doesn’t have a prominent reminder after booking.] 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

All my confirmations came through really quickly in my email inbox though I hardly ever check in my personal account with them to see if the tickets are there!! However I wasn’t booking until midday. I do notice that often people seem to have problems when they are booking very close to opening time. 

• Like 1

On 13/04/2023 at 09:29, alison said:

Absolutely shocked to see that the prices for Carlos at 50, with a very largely unspecified programme and cast, are even more eye-watering than for Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  I'd been hoping I might actually be able to afford to sit down for once :( 

Australian Ballet tickets seem to be selling well, but demonstrating the "ooh, I can afford a better seat lower down for this" mindset.

Sorry I’m a bit late replying/providing the info, Alison, but I found that some sections were cheaper than SB/Cinderella, not by a lot, but it’s something. Hope you managed to find a decent priced section. If I recall correctly, a similar show he did at Royal Albert Hall last time also cost a lot- similar or higher prices (for that time). But it sold really well! Maybe ROH should take some sales and marketing tips from Carlos. 😆

I never used to go for these mixed gala type shows that he used to do (sorry Carlos!) as he was still performing normal repertoire in those days, and I would normally wait for the programme to be announced, but I thought I’d try something different this year. I hope he invites Cesar Morales, Celine Gittens, Tyrone Singleton and lots of the other BRB dancers to perform. Was going to say Brandon Lawrence and Yijing Zhang but presumably they’ll be in Switzerland and China respectively ...sob! 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emeralds said:

After buying two more performances and browsing a few other dates, I went to look for the tickets in my account. How odd- the first purchase wasn’t there (even though the sale summary had come and credit card verification had been successful). The later two purchases were there. Likewise for the emails (no confirmation email for the first one, but the later two were there). So I thought, do I wait in case it’s just delayed in the system or do I buy again and risk ending up with the double the number of tickets?

Yes, I had something a bit similar.  Had a long wait to confirm that the system (admittedly with some help from yours truly) had booked me the wrong date for the triple bill, because I didn't want to be booking two tickets unnecessarily from the same performance.  It did take ages before it showed up in my Events, unlike all the other tickets.  Oh well, if it's the "proper" Anastasia Act III I shall want to see it more than once, anyway.

• Like 1