Elmhurst 2014 entry auditions

Karen

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck for tomorrow and I would go with the ones DD feels most comfortable wearing whether for comfort(which is what I would go for) or appearance!

I'm sure if she's dancing beautifully they won't say we are not having her.....her shoes had some marks on!!

Fingers crossed anyway :)

• Like 2

Good luck to you all for tomorrow. As an aside, I stressed hugely about what dd should wear to her first audition and packed a skirt to match her leotard 'just in case' she wanted it. She decided to wear it and was the only one. She was not asked to remove it so I privately decided thy were not interested in her, which turned out not to be true as she got a callback!

Let us know tomorrow how you think it went!

• Like 3

Well, DD enjoyed the audition and said she thinks it went well so now all we can do is wait and see.  They told us 10 to 14 days for results.  

Thanks for keeping me sane last night everyone - oh and she did go with the feel good if slightly worn canvas shoes  :D

• Like 10

With this audition is it just a yes or a no now....or do they call DD back again (and others) if they are interested?

Glad she enjoyed it anyway!

What on earth did you do while waiting I can only think of walking round and round some local park or maybe some retail therapy!!

.....and breathe! You will need to, it's a long wait. When they say 10-14 days they do mean it, our letters all took the full 2 weeks to arrive so try not to scare the postman too much by pouncing on him after a week! I kept convincing myself they'd come sooner which only served to drive me crazy. I then in turn drove everyone around me crazy!! Best of luck and I hope that when it does eventually arrive it is good news x

• Like 3

Hi all. How long was the audition? Wondering if DD can cope with 2 auditions back to back in January? One in Birmingham and one in Bristol??? Not the same day I might add, one on one day the other the next.

Hi Fusster

This first audition is only an hour and a half in the form of a ballet class, so depending on the time you get it will either take up the morning or the afternoon but not all day.  Your DD should be fine :)

Those are the longest 10-14 days if your life !????

Hope you can distract yourselves and not stalk the postman !

Until you are waiting for the letter after finals!....oh and then I guess there's appraisals..... And then.... JuSt have to take it a day at a time I guess xx

Edited by along for the ride mum
  • Like 3

Well, DD enjoyed the audition and said she thinks it went well so now all we can do is wait and see. They told us 10 to 14 days for results.

Thanks for keeping me sane last night everyone - oh and she did go with the feel good if slightly worn canvas shoes :D

Good luck dtadmin I hope they don't keep you waiting to long... Fingers crossed ;)

Cx

• Like 1

Dd thoroughly enjoyed her audition at Elmhurst yesterday! We went in last few minutes to watch and they all looked beautiful! I was very impressed with the school and everyone was lovely and friendly! Good luck to all those auditioning and fingers crossed for finals for everyone!

Axx

• Like 8