News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so, so much

I've run out of likes - I'll have to start again tomorrow (if they let me have more)

I said this elsewhere but I'm still a bit emotional - if you think 4 yrs ago as of now this whole thing hadn't even been imagined - DD did no Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary or Tap! & hadn't even thought of a career in MT

She did a fair bit of ballroom & latin & had dumped (or been dumped) by Ballet a while back

• Like 7

Thank you all so, so much

I've run out of likes - I'll have to start again tomorrow (if they let me have more)

I said this elsewhere but I'm still a bit emotional - if you think 4 yrs ago as of now this whole thing hadn't even been imagined - DD did no Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary or Tap! & hadn't even thought of a career in MT

She did a fair bit of ballroom & latin & had dumped (or been dumped) by Ballet a while back

Oh my gosh! Anyone getting a yes for upper school auditions must be exceptionally talented but how wonderful and special for your daughter to have achieved this in such a short space of time.

Truly inspirational! xx

• Like 1

Thank you all so, so much for your good wishes; I still don't have any more 'likes' but as soon as I get some....

You have reacted more positively than anyone in real life (apart from immediate family) no one seem to understand how 'big' it is and they stuff like, why can't she get a loan or wouldn't she be better doing A levels or a BTec rather than the dancing stuff.

So thank you all for sharing in our (slightly scared to beleive) Joy

• Like 12

DD has just sent me "Thankyou Mummy for all your support over the past two years in particular, I defiantly would not be where I am without you buying my leotards and advertising me to various strangers, and shoving me out the door to go to class as well as driving me to class, and the countless times you've driven back and forth to Essex just to sort my life out. You and dad have done so much for me and I don't know what I would do without you both, I love you so much!!"

I really cried

& when my mum told my dad - they both did too; he's been so ill we didn't know if he would see it

Edited by Katymac
  • Like 20

Yes lucky mummy! Your daughter sounds so grounded and mature for her age.

I seem to remember being in my twenties before I fully appreciated what my parents had done for me when growing up and before I thanked them!!

• Like 4

Thanks again everyone - you do 'get it'

I've sent her off to Disney in Covent Garden to buy a Disney mug - a suitable reward for gaining a 3yr diploma with funding imo

By co-incidence her old Ballet teacher is taking her children to see Lion King this afternoon & meeting DD afterwards; DD & the children are going backstage!! We couldn't afford a ticket but she still gets a treat

• Like 4

My lad did RBS and ENBS.  ENBS was on Sunday...not many in the boys' audition but there have been other auditions in the UK and abroad.  Now just waiting on the postman..... again.  I must say, I quite like the e mail system from RBS.  It means you don't have that long wait when you have seen some results have arrived and you are stuck at work!

• Like 2