News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This section of the thread is valuable and interesting, however it has strayed completely away from its title. Can the mods separate this section initial a new one, 'pressures of GCSE's and auditions'? Then others can contribute to both threads appropriately. Many thanks.

DD also got an offer from Bird with 'reserve list' for funding

I'm wondering if they are doing this differently to last year as all the offers I have heard about are either reserve places or places with reserve funding

• Like 2

Our DS also got a letter from Bird this week with an offer of DADA for the Diploma. We also have accepted it but he has three more funding recalls to attend (Hammond, Laine and Urdang) before a final decision is made.

• Like 5

My DD has got through to ENB School finals :) .  She is so pleased but so worried that there is "an interview" as she is quite quiet and can feel stuck for words when put on the spot.  Do any of you kind people out there have any experience of an interview at audition time, particularly ENBS?  It is such a shame she is fretting about this, as she has enough on her plate at the moment.

• Like 2

Well done to your DD IBD23.  Mine did not do ENBS finals but where she was interviewed it was more like a general chat than an 'interview'.  She was asked about her interests outside of school and dance, any ballet shows she had been to see and did she have a favourite.  I know one of her friends was asked about favourite books.  The trickiest question is perhaps the where you would like to be in 5 years, 10 years time.  The thing to remind your DD is that there are no wrong answers.

well done on the offers coming in to everyone else.

• Like 3

Hi IND23 . Congratulation to your DD. Please tell her not to worry. My DD is at ENBS and you won't find anyone more quiet!! The interview was just a chat , she was asked what she likes to do to relax and nothing any more taxing than that - it was very short,friendly and informal :) good luck to your DD , do let us know how her day goes x

• Like 1

My DS interview at ENB only lasted about 5 minutes . A year ago he was less confident , at only 15 - and there was nothing that phased him - he took it all in his stride . It was really just a chat .No trick questions . Congratulations on getting to finals anyway xx

• Like 2

DD2 got a no for the Antwerp yearly programme :mellow:  but a yes for their SS  :) ...

It's not too bad as she was not going to go even if she got a place for the yearly programme since she still has a year left at school but we wanted her to try to know when she stood in preparation for next year... Since they send her a copy of how the jury marked her during the audition, I'd say we are very happy she went because she now knows where she was lacking. Of course you have to be able to read Dutch but thankfully Google Translate exists!

• Like 16