News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you orchidblue . My daughter will try her best - without a dada she can't go ! Just wish 18 March would hurry up it feels forever to wait ! You must be so proud of your dd gaining a place at the hammond it seams a fantastic school with lots of promising students , fab facilities and lovely staff . Can only hope my daughter ends up here x

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that Chaperone, it's so hard isn't it :( but it's not over yet so try to keep smiling- the schools have so many applications, so a 'no' may simply be because the school just can't accept everyone who is talented! Keep going, you'll find a place at a great school eventually! Xxx

• Like 1

Bad luck chaperone :-( Thank you for posting though - it's easy to think that everyone is getting a "yes" but of course not everyone posts bad news (or good news, come to that!) so it's sometimes hard to get things in perspective.

Wishing your dd lots of luck for any forthcoming auditions she may have.

• Like 3

After being ill since Friday, getting an email earlier to say I had got into ballet theatre uk with a 20% scholorship!! Gobsmacked but absolutely over the moon!x

To give slight hope to the no's, when auditioning last year my DD got a no from the school which in her mind was her first choice. Having moved on and got a yes and a DaDA offer, we then received an email offering a place at the first school. Turned it down and went with the yes and DaDA and has never been happier. Just shows that no doesn't always mean never. Keep hopeful.

• Like 13

After being ill since Friday, getting an email earlier to say I had got into ballet theatre uk with a 20% scholorship!! Gobsmacked but absolutely over the moon!x

Fabulous news anaballerina. I have been watching your journey with special interest as like you, my DD will be auditioning when she is 18 and may well go for similar places to you. I'm thrilled for you because you deserve your chance, but also because you give us hope that there are still good options at 18. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck for the future.

• Like 7

Fabulous news anaballerina. I have been watching your journey with special interest as like you, my DD will be auditioning when she is 18 and may well go for similar places to you. I'm thrilled for you because you deserve your chance, but also because you give us hope that there are still good options at 18. Thanks for sharing your story and good luck for the future.

Thank you so so much. You don't know how much this post means xx

Guest dancer2027

Would be great to see you at btuk in September Ana it's a fabulous school and I would highly reccomend it as someone else who went at 18 as well

• Like 1

Having got a 'no' from Central earlier in the week my dd has now had a 'Yes to finals' letter.  Seems there was an admin glitch that meant she got both letters and the 'Yes' is the correct one.  Strangely enough this actually happened to her once before with an associate scheme...perhaps a peril of having a surname near the end of the alphabet. So, thats a bit of a turnaround and we're all feeling distinctly less fed up! 

• Like 27