News from Upper School Auditions

JulieW

Taxi4ballet and Jade very well done to your DD's

I was at the Northern Ballet performance at Sadlers yesterday and all the dancers were just so good! So to train in their studios should

Be very inspiring!

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Yorkshire Pud for pointing that out. Does the Northern Ballet in Leeds have a training school as well.

I have been there so know they run children's and adult classes etc but am not sure then if they do any more full time training for older students.

The school attached to Nothern Ballet company in Leeds is Northern Ballet Academy. It has a very good reputation and has been discussed in this forum - there is lots of information on the website. It has a classical CAT and the Graduate training course takes in graduates from schools such as ENBS and Central. Some dancers from this course then join the company.

• Like 1

Lovely to hear all this good news, well done everyone!!

And don't forget as there seem to be multiple offers discussed, that means more waiting list places to be offered too! :)

What a great start to a Saturday :) Off to open the shop and inspire some little ballerinas ;)

Sx

• Like 6

My older DD has offers from ENBS and Elmhurst. She's absolutely delighted with the offer from ENBS and we've accepted the offer. However now I have to try to make sense of the funding as it appears the DaDa doesn't cover even half of the commission costs. Can anyone tell me what other ways people make this happen? Can you apply for a student loan as well in order to have money to live on as well?

• Like 7

Hi Angel. ENBS are part of the DaDa scheme so sadly no student funding can be applied for. The DaDa school fees and maintenance are means tested on the total annual income of the family. You'll need to check what needs to be paid towards the fees from the scales and rates info. The maximum income to qualify is now 90k where you pay up to approx 7k but the maintenance allowance figure is much lower than that.