Dance for Ukraine - Coliseum 19th March by Alina Cojocaru and Ivan Putrov

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, AnticaFiamma said:

Lovely! Although I hope some of the original dancers announced whose names didn't make it to the poster are still involved!

Sadly I don't think Federico Bonelli will still be involved...he has been replaced in tomorrow afternoon's Swan Lake performance.  :(

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sim said:

Sadly I don't think Federico Bonelli will still be involved...he has been replaced in tomorrow afternoon's Swan Lake performance.  :(

Pity, I was really looking forward to seeing him again, although his farewell performance was such a thing of beauty that I can live off that memory. And Fumi and William doing Swan Lake! If they're half as good as they were in Romeo and Juliet the audience is really in for a treat. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MaddieRose said:

Alina has posted a new poster with more information of dancers: Luca Acri, Aitor Arrieta, Rebecca Bassett-Graham, William Bracewell, Fernando Carratála Coloma, Reece Clarke, Mathias Dingman, Francesco Gabriele Frola, Mathieu Ganio, Emma Hawes, Fumi Kaneko, Katja Khaniukova, Mayara Magri, Alison McWhinney, Miki Mizutani, Marianela Nuñez, Natalia Osipova, Salvator de Simone, Junor Souza, Javier Torres and Marianna Tsembenhoi.

FC56EF41-9B0E-4ED1-BEFF-04E480380F9A.jpeg

Thanks, MaddieRose!

They virtually have an entire dance company for tomorrow now 😄👏 (Actually, I know of professional dance companies that have fewer members than that!) I’m particularly pleased that Alison McWhinney, Aitor Arrieta, Fernando Carratala Coloma, and Junor Souza, four of my favourite ENB dancers, are able to take part, and that Miki Mizutani and Mathias Dingman can travel to London amid their busy Don Q tour to join in too. But I’m really looking forward to what every single dancer is doing, including the ones I don’t know well. I also recognise the pianists- Julia Richter, ENB company pianists, has played for ENB dancers at a number of fundraisers, and Sasha Grynyuk played for Alina’s season at Sadler’s Wells where he not only performed the long Liszt sonata for Marguerite and Armand, but accompanied Alina in Johan Kobborg’s Les Lutins, as well as Alina and Johan for a pas de deux that Tim Rushton choreographed for them. 

I must say, I bet that if Alina and Ivan had booked the O2 arena or Wembley stadium for the gala (as incongruous as that sounds!) it would have sold out too. 😆

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sim said:

Hope it’s not serious injury or another outbreak of Covid going round- Matthew Ball has also been replaced (by Cesar Corrales) in the evening show of Swan Lake and Federico by William Bracewell. I assume Fumi will be partnered by William in the gala, in that case, instead of Federico. 

Edited by Emeralds

Guest oncnp
1 hour ago, Emeralds said:

Hope it’s not serious injury or another outbreak of Covid going round-

COVID cases are skyrocketing and Gary Avis mentioned on his IG that he finally tested negative after 10 days. 

Quite a few Friends who’ve now had it all triple vaxxed (I’m beginning to feel left out now lol) have been testing negative between days 7-10. One friend was really annoyed as felt she had recovered after 6 days but had to miss a theatre trip ( not ballet) as took until day 9 to get negative result!! 

32 minutes ago, xydancer said:

Having seen the programme, which apparently is not for sharing just yet (although I wasn't told that in the e-mail I got), it looks fabulous. It's also long - 15 pieces.

Thank you for taking down the full version xydancer - much appreciated.

Isn’t it wonderful that this Gala is getting so much media attention? 

Edited by capybara
  • Like 1

I just happened to contact the Coliseum box office about another matter and then casually asked about this email saying “the bars will be open throughout....you can come and go from your seat” and whether people would be allowed/encouraged to get up and walk in and out during the show, and they said, no, no, that’s definitely the wrong email, we won’t be doing that, and anyone who leaves the auditorium won’t be allowed back in until the interval.

I asked if they would be sending a second email to clarify and was asked to send them an email to request it (so I did). I happen to have seats where nobody else can stand up in front of me, but fingers crossed nobody is planning to skip out until the interval, or the until the final curtain comes down. Maybe they will announce it as part of their usual tannoy announcements. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The London Ballet Circle is delighted to announce that we have an extra Zoom 'in conversation' event with Ivan Putrov on Wednesday 6 April 2022 at 7pm, UK time.   Graham Watts will be interviewing.

As usual Zoom events are free to LBC members. 

Anyone else is welcome to join the Zoom for £5, please book here 

https://www.tlbc.org.uk/events/new-in-conversation-with-ivan-putrov-

The Zoom link will be sent out a few days in advance  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oncnp
13 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

I was lucky enough to be there (& wow, what an amazing night & programme of dance...)

Wouid very much like tk view this....anyone know if Marquee TV can be accessed via an Amazon Firestick? 

It is available as an add-on channel on Amazon Prime (in the US at least) so I would think so. 

And the Marquee TV website lists Fire TV as compatible

Edited by oncnp

Excellent news it can be streamed and crucially that proceeds will go to the DEC appeal. Not sure why it is only limited to 10 days, at least a month would have given all the opportunity but nonetheless very good news! 

After the Coliseum booking disappointment, and a fair bit of difficulty in paying for this streaming, I've succeeded in watching some excerpts, it's very emotional, poor Ivan Putrov looks distraught, lots of truly wonderful dancing for the next ten days!

• Like 2

May I ask those who have watched this if it's possible to watch some parts more than once & skip other parts or is it only possible to watch it all the way through the once? Having been at the live event, there are some performances that I'd want to re-watch several times & others that I'm not interested in re-watching so I'm not sure I want to pay another £15 (on top of the £100 I paid for it live) if it's only possible to watch it all the way through the once.

58 minutes ago, Dawnstar said:

May I ask those who have watched this if it's possible to watch some parts more than once & skip other parts or is it only possible to watch it all the way through the once? Having been at the live event, there are some performances that I'd want to re-watch several times & others that I'm not interested in re-watching so I'm not sure I want to pay another £15 (on top of the £100 I paid for it live) if it's only possible to watch it all the way through the once.

It just seems to be like other streams, Dawnstar, that once you've paid for it it's yours to watch as you want until it expires on the 24th April. So you can watch some pieces over and over and fast forward through others you're not as bothered about.

• Like 1