Dance for Ukraine - Coliseum 19th March by Alina Cojocaru and Ivan Putrov

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

She has appeared as a guest artist with the world's leading companies including the Mariinsky Ballet, Paris Opera Ballet, Bolshoi Ballet, American Ballet Theater, Royal Danish Ballet, Hungarian National Ballet, Vienna State Opera, Zürich Ballet, National Ballet of Portugal, La Scala, National Ballet of Cuba, Teatro Colon, National Ballet of Romania, South African Ballet Theatre, Kremlin Ballet, Sarasota Ballet, Zagreb Ballet, The Tokyo Ballet and New National Ballet Company.

And The Australian Ballet, please! I personally saw her dance Manon at the Sydney Opera House with Johan Kobborg and have the post-performance selfies to prove it! 🤣

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Sophoife said:

And The Australian Ballet, please! I personally saw her dance Manon at the Sydney Opera House with Johan Kobborg and have the post-performance selfies to prove it! 🤣

too long a list to include everyone I think.  There are Eastern European companies missing too.  So don’t feel too slighted!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, li tai po said:

New York - the entire cast of Don Carlos (in costume) sang the Ukrainian National Anthem from the stage of the Met last night.

The young man with his hand on his heart not singing from a text is clearly Ukrainian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfwy3f3R4s

I think he's a young Ukrainian baritone called Vlad Buialsky who was making his debut.  There's an article about it.  

Metropolitan Opera gives roaring rendition of the Ukrainian national anthem - Classic FM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lizbie1 said:

In case anyone hasn't got around to booking yet, the house looks to be comfortably over half sold - best not to hesitate too long.

(This despite booking problems!)

I wish I could, having continual problems!  For a nice change, I've just got a Friday Rush ticket from the ROH, no problems!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alison said:

Perhaps also worth mentioning that Glyndebourne and the London Philharmonic Orchestra have also announced a gala for early April - I can't remember the exact date.

Sunday 3 April at 3pm at the Glyndebourne auditorium, with singers from the Glyndebourne company and their conductor Robin Ticciati conducting. Programme and soloists TBC. Tickets from £50 on their website. 

Gotta say how impressed I am that Alina, Ivan and the Coliseum have sorted their gala so quickly and kudos to the dancers for making themselves available so quickly, and donating their time and performances. 

• Like 5

Article on the gala in The Times 2 today 

… explains how Ukrainian dancers aren’t feeling able to dance at the moment.   Also how many can’t speak out having families in both countries.

“My heart is too broken, my family is in too much danger.  I don’t think I can dance in these circumstances.”

”You know, I have relatives on both sides, who have already died in this conflict.”

I’m gutted that I can’t attend as I’m away … but I’ve donated an equivalent ticket price directly.  

Edited by FionaE
Typo
  • Like 5

Guest oncnp
5 minutes ago, FionaE said:

Article on the gala in The Times 2 today 

… explains how Ukrainian dancers aren’t feeling able to dance at the moment.   Also how many can’t speak out having families in both countries.

“My heart is too broken, my family is in too much danger.  I don’t think I can dance in these circumstances.”

”You know, I have relatives on both sides, who have already died in this conflict.”

I’m gutted that I can’t attend as I’m away … but I’ve donated an equivalent ticket price directly.  

I don't see it on the website. Can you post a link please?

14 minutes ago, oncnp said:

I don't see it on the website. Can you post a link please?

The article is in todays' links: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ivan-putrov-and-alina-cojocaru-on-their-dance-for-ukraine-gala-sb5pdwmzr

I posted account details in case people wanted to donate (on page 1 of this thread).

Over 75% of tickets for the gala have been sold in less than 2 days. And to Coli holds 2359. Fantastic!!!!

• Like 6

Guest oncnp
3 minutes ago, capybara said:

The article is in todays' links: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ivan-putrov-and-alina-cojocaru-on-their-dance-for-ukraine-gala-sb5pdwmzr

I posted account details in case people wanted to donate (on page 1 of this thread).

Over 75% of tickets for the gala have been sold in less than 2 days. And to Coli holds 2359. Fantastic!!!!

Thanks!

Whilst driving today there was a truly moving interview with Mr Putrov & a Swedish based Russian dancer (Dimitri something….sorry, M25 was stressful so I didn’t get all the details). I think it was mid morning either BBC Radio 4 or BBC 5 Live….I’ve gone on bbc sounds & can’t actually find it again but maybe someone  here can correctly label it or post a link as it was a must hear piece. The raw emotion was so palpable & the heroism & humility of these 2 men of dance moved me to tears….

I doubt I can get to the performance but I wonder if there will be other ways to support this worthy event in some small way such as a Programme purchase of just donation…. I have donated via DEC fund but do want to show my support for this directly where giants from the world of ballet asks us to stand with them.

I

Edited by Peanut68
Typo
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Whilst driving today there was a truly moving interview with Mr Putrov & a Swedish based Russian dancer (Dimitri something….sorry, M25 was stressful so I didn’t get all the details)...

Dmitry Zagrebin was a former Bolshoi's dancer, now with Royal Swedish Ballet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, capybara said:

There are just 25 tickets left for this Gala now. Isn't that AMAZING? 2,334 sold in 48 hours.

Great! Amazing participation!!!

I found out that my password expired in July 2019 (not suprising: I last used it in 2010...) so I have to support in other ways

• Like 1

On 10/03/2022 at 14:13, Lizbie1 said:

Is anyone else trying to book and getting nowhere with the payment process?

Rather fed up.Failed to get tickets. Screen froze TWICE when it said it was authorising my payments. I actually went to bed during the second attempt and it was still doing it when I got up.  Let’s hope they do stream it; more money for those needy people of the Ukraine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SPD444 said:

Rather fed up.Failed to get tickets. Screen froze TWICE when it said it was authorising my payments. I actually went to bed during the second attempt and it was still doing it when I got up.  Let’s hope they do stream it; more money for those needy people of the Ukraine.

So sorry to hear that, SPD444. It might be worth phoning them or using the chat facility- they were really helpful when I have had to ring them twice in the past.

There is currently just one seat ( balcony ) left on the website (but that could also be because other patrons are browsing with tickets in their baskets but not yet paid). Also, the box office staff have told me that there are a few restricted view tickets available in the auditorium but not on the website, available from the box office by request. 

Really lovely to see the wonderful support by so many for the Ukrainians. 

Horrible experience, it was worse than the recent ROH Friends one, at least I got some tickets eventually and an apology (and free programme). I tried booking for an ENO opera and think if I had clicked on "Pay" it would have worked but luckily I didn't, so if it was only the short notice Gala booking it was understandable.

Just noticed that some more tickets have been released this morning - they were in blocks so perhaps sponsor tickets or complimentary tickets returned to sell in order to raise more funds. Approximately 14-15 in the Upper Circle, £65 and £80, not restricted view. Good sightlines. Hopefully members here who have been unlucky before will be successful getting the seats they want.

Very exciting and unusual for me to have Cojocaru, Osipova, Ganio, Bonelli, Hernandez, Frola and Nunez all in the same gala in London 😊, and good to see ENB’s Ukrainian first soloist Khaniukova in the lineup, to support her family, friends and compatriots back home.  It would be great if Putrov was also able to perform something amidst his organising duties too. Rather relieved I didn’t book a Swan Lake for that Saturday in advance! 

Edited by Emeralds
  • Like 3

Great to read that the gala is sold out. 

I managed to get a ticket after failing to get very far on the website.   On Friday early evening I waited in the Q for 30mins only for the operator to answer, my mobile to malfunction and the call to cut off.   I started a new call this time only waiting for approx 15 mins.   Given the reason for the Gala it is a small inconvenience for us who are in the lucky position to be able to buy tickets.    Looking forward to what will no doubt be a very emotional occasion.  

• Like 3