Royal Ballet booking period 1 (2021) - casting and pricing

24 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

maybe it went to your spam folder first, then got automatically deleted or something...seems unlikely though given the timings

I doubt it, because when I checked my spam folder I had a couple of weeks' worth of emails in there.

21 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Indeed - unprecedented times.
I suppose there's no chance that Natalia might do the performance on the 13th...or the one on the 1st Feb later in the run. 
I understand that's not how it works, but as there are no more tickets for the 29th Jan performance I'm trying to hope I might be able to see her in the role somehow!

I really hope Osipova doesn't do 1st February because I've been looking forward to seeing Nunez/Bonelli on that date since I booked back in August! I'm sure there will be more returns for 29th January nearer the time, with people getting covid & having to isolate, or there's always Friday rush.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back upstream to the discussion around Yasmine Naghdi replacing Akane Takada as Alex Campbell's Juliet, rather than his frequent partner, Francesca Hayward, I saw that Frankie is appearing with Cesar Corrales in the Ballet International Gala in Australia later this month.

She did a takeover on their Instagram Stories, which is a fun peek behind the scenes at the ROH. Cesar did a takeover as well showing his daily routine.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Candleque said:

Going back upstream to the discussion around Yasmine Naghdi replacing Akane Takada as Alex Campbell's Juliet, rather than his frequent partner, Francesca Hayward, I saw that Frankie is appearing with Cesar Corrales in the Ballet International Gala in Australia later this month.

She did a takeover on their Instagram Stories, which is a fun peek behind the scenes at the ROH. Cesar did a takeover as well showing his daily routine.

IIRC didn't Alex and Yasmine Naghdi perform R&J together (McMillan production) somewhere like the UAE a couple of years ago (guesting with a company I can't remember).  Again IIRC Gary Avis was also performing.

13 minutes ago, Jan McNulty said:

IIRC didn't Alex and Yasmine Naghdi perform R&J together (McMillan production) somewhere like the UAE a couple of years ago (guesting with a company I can't remember).  Again IIRC Gary Avis was also performing.

That's set me scrolling back through Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaIsE8Ht0Z/ https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaLlf9FHNG/

November 2017 with Perm Opera. That was nearly a year before I first was the RB live so I wasn't following any of the dancers on social media so didn't know about it. If I had done then, per my comment on the previous page, I would have been less surprised!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candleque said:

They manage to get into Australia?

Re ROH emails :  I just checked ....in case I’d imagined it....I got an email on 6th December : hoping I’d enjoy my up and coming Nutcracker (on the 9th) but to be aware Yasmine Naghdi will be replacing Akane Takada on 6th and 9th December. 

I don’t know whether people actually going on the 6th got this email a couple of days earlier but otherwise would have been rather short notice for them. 
For some reason this didn’t surprise me though as I was wondering whether Akane had been nursing some kind of injury in the November Giselle. 

On 09/01/2022 at 12:21, LinMM said:

Re ROH emails :  I just checked ....in case I’d imagined it....I got an email on 6th December : hoping I’d enjoy my up and coming Nutcracker (on the 9th) but to be aware Yasmine Naghdi will be replacing Akane Takada on 6th and 9th December. 

Yes I got that one too, but, like Dawnstar, not the R&J one. 

2 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Yes I got that one too, but, like Dawnstar, not the R&J one. 

I actually got a Nutcracker cast change email for 5th even though I only booked my ticket the previous day, after the cast changes had been put on the ROH website. Yet nothing for the R&J that I'd booked back in November!

Is there a full cast list for tonight’s opening R&J?

I see over 200 tickets for sale in all levels 😢.  Maybe it’s an opportunity for some close to London to get really good seats … front row Donald Gordon tier for instance, expensive I realise, but they are not usually available!

4 hours ago, Dawnstar said:

I actually got a Nutcracker cast change email for 5th even though I only booked my ticket the previous day, after the cast changes had been put on the ROH website. Yet nothing for the R&J that I'd booked back in November!

I've finally had a cast change email through for R&J! When I saw it I thought "Oh no, who else is ill/injured now" but it's a belated notification of Naghdi for Takada.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

I've finally had a cast change email through for R&J! When I saw it I thought "Oh no, who else is ill/injured now" but it's a belated notification of Naghdi for Takada.

I got a second notification about this today. Maybe someone has been reading this thread and realised the previous email didn't go to everyone!

• Like 3

Oddly enough, so have I.  I didn't notice it yesterday because it was very quickly followed by the notification of change of starting time for a different performance.  I wonder if the notifications were sent out at different times depending on the performance booked?

1 minute ago, art_enthusiast said:

Thanks for your response to my question about the cloakrooms being open. I wanted to ask if there are also lockers available in them - to store laptops for example?

Hi, in the past I've left all sorts in the cloakrooms at the ROH including a suitcase. There was a time when they discouraged leaving luggage, but yesterday when I left my coat, the member of staff said I could leave anything I wanted! It's not like at a museum though where there are coin operated lockers, but I doubt they will turn away your laptop and I'm sure it will be safe.

25 minutes ago, art_enthusiast said:

Thanks for your response to my question about the cloakrooms being open. I wanted to ask if there are also lockers available in them - to store laptops for example?

as @RHowarth noted they will accept it but, like every other public cloakroom, they are not liable for loss or damage. I would bring a smaller bag if necessary and put it under my seat. 

On 06/01/2022 at 14:51, capybara said:

Goodness, Yasmine will have had 3 Romeos this season.

On 06/01/2022 at 17:26, Sim said:

The brazen hussy!!

I see on Reece Clarke's Instagram that he's danced the balcony pdd with Yasmine Naghdi in Dubai so that's 4 Romeos for her this season!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dawnstar said:

I see on Reece Clarke's Instagram that he's danced the balcony pdd with Yasmine Naghdi in Dubai so that's 4 Romeos for her this season!

Total trollope!  She is worse than the three harlots!  😱😱

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sim said:

Total trollope!  She is worse than the three harlots!  😱😱

That reminds me of when I saw both Claire Calvert & Gina Storm-Jensen as both Rosaline & one of the harlots in quick succession last October. I commented that when Rosalines get jilted by their Romeos it seems the done thing is to run away & become harlots!

• Like 2

To change the subject rather, does anyone have a link to the pricing for next season, specifically the Ashton programme? I know we can't book yet but I'd like to have some sort of idea as to what to budget for. I think there was a page in the last Friends magazine but I can't find mine. There is a pricing link on the Ashton page on the website but it doesn't seem to bring up any prices as you can't book yet.

8 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

To change the subject rather, does anyone have a link to the pricing for next season, specifically the Ashton programme? I know we can't book yet but I'd like to have some sort of idea as to what to budget for. I think there was a page in the last Friends magazine but I can't find mine. There is a pricing link on the Ashton page on the website but it doesn't seem to bring up any prices as you can't book yet.

The most recent edition of the Friends Magazine is available if you log in on the ROH website - its under the Membership section.

I can post an extract with the prices on here but I am not sure if I am allowed to?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

No seat map (that I can find at least) but from the digital magazine (under Membership on the website if you are a Friend)

For both

TICKETS
STALLS - £90 £85 £78 £70
STALLS CIRCLE - £90 £85 £78 £70 £55 £41 £31 £19 £7
GRAND TIER  - £90
GRAND TIER BOXES - £90 £85 £70 (per seat)
BALCONY - £85 £78 £70 £55 £41 £19 £7
BALCONY BOX - £24 (per seat)
SLIPS - £14 £7 £4
AMPHITHEATRE - £55 £41 £31 £24 £19 £14 £7 £4

Edit - sorry @MJW - I think we passed in the ether

Edited by oncnp

2 minutes ago, oncnp said:

No seat map (that I can find at least) but from the digital magazine (under Membership on the website if you are a Friend)

For both

TICKETS
STALLS - £90 £85 £78 £70
STALLS CIRCLE - £90 £85 £78 £70 £55 £41 £31 £19 £7
GRAND TIER  - £90
GRAND TIER BOXES - £90 £85 £70 (per seat)
BALCONY - £85 £78 £70 £55 £41 £19 £7
BALCONY BOX - £24 (per seat)
SLIPS - £14 £7 £4
AMPHITHEATRE - £55 £41 £31 £24 £19 £14 £7 £4

Edit - sorry @MJW - I think we passed in the ether

Well done ! I was trying to be clever and post a screenshot of the page from the Magazine but that didn't seem to work!

• Thanks 1