Royal Ballet booking period 1 (2021) - casting and pricing

13 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Hopefully they wait and see what happens when the public get a chance to buy some seats in six weeks time? 

They'll get some practice in with the masses of unsold R&J tickets. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Hopefully they wait and see what happens when the public get a chance to buy some seats in six weeks time? 

The thread got diverted into discussing R&J sales too, Rob S, so the performance mentioned is in just over a week's time. I do hope the house will fill up by then, by whatever means.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bridiem said:

The thread got diverted into discussing R&J sales too, Rob S, so the performance mentioned is in just over a week's time. I do hope the house will fill up by then, by whatever means.

🤦🏻‍♂️😆

2 minutes ago, alison said:

Naomi, when I was looking at the stalls seating the other day for their debut, I think it was, I noticed there were cameras scheduled, so perhaps you may get to see a bit of it, at least.

Oh thank you Alison! Fingers crossed. (at least I think I can see the cinema relayed O'Sullivan/Sambe cast which would be lovely too )  

Edited by Naomi M
typo

14 minutes ago, Naomi M said:

A lovely photo gallery of Dance Tabs with Fumi Kaneko and William Bracewell in Romeo and Juliet rehearsal.

https://dancetabs.com/2021/09/special-gallery-royal-ballets-romeo-and-juliet-in-the-studio-with-fumi-kaneko-and-william-bracewell/

I envy those who can see them in this. (as I live in Japan I am unable to see)

Kaneko is the *loveliest* dancer - pure dancing aside, someone at a performance once said to me that she looks as if she always smells of roses, and I don't know how to put it better!

• Like 7

Does anyone know if its possible to view the cast other than the main pairing for Romeo and Juliet online? Or will we not know until the day? When looking at performances I have booked for, there is a button saying 'view cast sheet' which I assumed meant viewing the full cast, but it just redirects me to the booking page with no further information. 

Edited by Marie

1 hour ago, Marie said:

Does anyone know if its possible to view the cast other than the main pairing for Romeo and Juliet online? Or will we not know until the day? When looking at performances I have booked for, there is a button saying 'view cast sheet' which I assumed meant viewing the full cast, but it just redirects me to the booking page with no further information. 

They seem to  be continuing the online cast sheets but it will be published on the day

• Like 1

• alison changed the title to Royal Ballet booking period 1 (2021) - casting and pricing
30 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sorry if we've covered this already, but does anyone know off the top of their head the likely running time for Romeo and Juliet?  My old cast sheets are in a box somewhere and the website isn't saying.

it is about 3 hours (inc the intervals)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sorry if we've covered this already, but does anyone know off the top of their head the likely running time for Romeo and Juliet?  My old cast sheets are in a box somewhere and the website isn't saying.

Looks like the ROH heard you....

Approximate running times: 
Act I: 1 hour
Interval: 20 minutes
Act II: 35 minutes
Interval: 20 minutes
Act III: 40 minutes

In Jann Parry's article on the history of R&J (see Today's Links for today) she mentions Alexander Campbell as a 'new RB Romeo', and then William Bracewell as a new Romeo for RB but that he had done it previously at BRB.  Isn't this the case for AC as well?  If so, she didn't mention it...@janmcnulty, I am sure I read recently that you have seen him perform Romeo at BRB??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sim said:

In Jann Parry's article on the history of R&J (see Today's Links for today) she mentions Alexander Campbell as a 'new RB Romeo', and then William Bracewell as a new Romeo for RB but that he had done it previously at BRB.  Isn't this the case for AC as well?  If so, she didn't mention it...@janmcnulty, I am sure I read recently that you have seen him perform Romeo at BRB??

Hi Sim, yes Alex performed Romeo when he was with BRB.  IIRC, he performed it with Ambra Vallo.  They were brilliant together.

It sometimes seems to me that Alex is the forgotten man of the RB!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jan McNulty said:

It sometimes seems to me that Alex is the forgotten man of the RB!

I don't understand it. Most of us can think of instances where principals have been brought in from other companies and it didn't really work, or when they got injured and weren't the same after - or when they just aged out! - but I can't make sense of promoting someone from inside the company, initially using them quite a lot, then apparently sidelining them.

(NB: I'm not even making any judgement on his merits here!)

Edited by Lizbie1
  • Like 4

Just to say that Alexander Campbell is not alone among the RB principals as having relatively few shows.

The RB has sooooo many Principals and First Soloists that any individual’s shows are thin on the ground - unless a dancer is cast in all the new work.

• Like 4

Has anyone heard of any  changes for R&J for 13, 19 or 22 Oct?  When looking at those dates on the website those three (and only those three) performances are going to "Server Error" when you try to book tickets.

Edited by oncnp

10 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Has anyone heard of any  changes for R&J for 13, 19 or 22 Oct?  When looking at those dates on the website those three (and only those three) performances are going to "Server Error" when you try to buy tickets.

My screen went to Error code when I tried to print a ticket for tomorrow's rehearsal but it has righted itself.

I could get onto all three of those dates (and others) OK. Worryingly, there are so many unsold seats in the Amphi for nearly every performance of R&J.

Just now, capybara said:

My screen went to Error code when I tried to print a ticket for tomorrow's rehearsal but it has righted itself.

I could get onto all three of those dates (and others) OK. Worryingly, there are so many unsold seats in the Amphi for nearly every performance of R&J.

just me then...thanks!  

On 03/10/2021 at 14:34, oncnp said:

just me then...thanks!  

Whatever this new system is it does seem to be bug-y... When I'm on my normal browser including after I sign into my ROH account (non friend), ALL R&J performances are currently showing as unavailable. It offers me a link to "Find out more about premium booking". I now know I have to open it in an incognito window instead and then I get the option to buy tickets, but it seems that any number of cookies or maybe browser extensions can upset the system.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know quite where to put this...

Today's (15 Oct) "Live at Lunch"  - 1:00 PM, Paul Hamlyn Hall - 

The free event features @TheRoyalBallet  rehearsing Giselle plus a discussion about women's mental health in ballet as part of @CityLit's @MentalWealthFST

2 hours ago, oncnp said:

Don't know quite where to put this...

Today's (15 Oct) "Live at Lunch"  - 1:00 PM, Paul Hamlyn Hall - 

The free event features @TheRoyalBallet  rehearsing Giselle plus a discussion about women's mental health in ballet as part of @CityLit's @MentalWealthFST

thanks for flagging this!

Just saw a note that the ROH booking site is down.....

Alert (16/10/21 22:30 BST): Due to a technical fault ticket sales and account management are not currently possible on the site. We hope to resolve this problem as soon as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.