• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nutcracker casting changes:

Edited by oncnp

Blast. I'd noticed the absence of Hay and Zucchetti, both of whom I would have expected to see in Giselle in the peasant pas de six.  Best wishes to both for a speedy recovery - I'm assuming that they're injured - and to the others for the extra performances.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oncnp said:

Nutcracker casting changes:

That's a shame (for them and us) - especially as I was booked for the 29th Nov Nutcracker to see James. Hope they all recover soon.

Edited by MJW
slight amendment
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MJW said:

That's a shame (for them and us) - especially as I was booked for the 29th Nov Nutcracker to see James. Hope they all recover soon.

Yes - he was also a big factor in my booking that performance. 

• Like 5

Just now, bridiem said:

Yes - he was also a big factor in my booking that performance. 

I did manage to see him in the Nutcacker last year (as I was one of the lucky few to actually get to see a performance) but still.....

• Like 1

Hay doesn't seem to have had much Nutcracker luck in the last few years. When I was it in January 2019 he was also off injured, replaced by Sambe on that occasion. I see Zuchetti is still down for his Prince performances at the end of the run so hopefully that means he's expected to recover by then. I had noticed he was missing from R&J but had thought perhaps he was down for Mercutio in the Jan/Feb performances instead. In hindsight, I wonder if that was why Acri did Mercutio with 2 of the 4 casts.

18 hours ago, alison said:

Blast. I'd noticed the absence of Hay and Zucchetti, both of whom I would have expected to see in Giselle in the peasant pas de six.  Best wishes to both for a speedy recovery - I'm assuming that they're injured - and to the others for the extra performances.

Quite! Hope both recover soon. 

I was lucky enough to see O’Sullivan and Hay in a pre pandemic Nutcracker and he was wonderful. 

Despite the unfortunate circumstances however I’m very happy for Sissens and very much looking forward to seeing him now! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alison said:

Claire Calvert is currently still down for Myrtha at the end of the run of Giselles: is there anything (publicly) available to indicate whether it's likely she'll be able to dance them? 

People have been asking how it is going on IG but she has not responded to any of the comments.  There's nothing current on her stories either.

Which is no indication whatsoever of how her recovery is going.

• Like 1

Looks like they’ve released quite a few Nutcracker tickets today as has been saying sold out for every pre Christmas performance until today. 
Today Ive managed to get a seat now for 9th December so my standing ticket for the same performance D9 will shortly be advertised.
I treated myself because it’s just after my birthday but more because my hip flexor stress injury is still causing problems so not sure how well I can stand comfortably for any length of time just at the moment.
There seem to be returns for most days showing currently.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Looks like they’ve released quite a few Nutcracker tickets today as has been saying sold out for every pre Christmas performance until today. 
Today Ive managed to get a seat now for 9th December so my standing ticket for the same performance D9 will shortly be advertised.
I treated myself because it’s just after my birthday but more because my hip flexor stress injury is still causing problems so not sure how well I can stand comfortably for any length of time just at the moment.
There seem to be returns for most days showing currently.   

and added a new Nutcracker tour....Nutcracker Family Tour (roh.org.uk)

9 minutes ago, alison said:

I see Mayara Magri is replacing Claire Calvert as Myrtha tonight.  The website yesterday was still showing Calvert, and I had vaguely hoped ... :(

She said on Instagram today that she's sad to have missed this run of Giselle and can't wait to get the chance to perform Myrtha again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bah!  I just clicked on what was allegedly the casting for the cinema Nutcracker, only to find this:

https://static.roh.org.uk/digital/cast-sheets/Autumn-casting-2021.pdf

I'd assumed the ROH had given up doing these.  It would have made my life so much easier to have it several months ago :(

If anyone has the Winter equivalent, please could they post it in the Winter booking/casting thread?  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alison said:

Bah!  I just clicked on what was allegedly the casting for the cinema Nutcracker, only to find this:

https://static.roh.org.uk/digital/cast-sheets/Autumn-casting-2021.pdf

I'd assumed the ROH had given up doing these.  It would have made my life so much easier to have it several months ago :(

If anyone has the Winter equivalent, please could they post it in the Winter booking/casting thread?  Thanks.

Now you mention it, I don't think I ever got one. There is no similar link on the Swan Lake cinema page. I tried fiddling with the web address of the Autumn list to change it to Winter 2022 and got error messages. Perhaps since Winter=Swan Lake and the principal casting was on the website they didn't bother (yet)?

Edited by oncnp

I was going to see if there was an opera version too, by editing the URL, but I see there's no reference to "ballet" in the current URL, so I guess that's not possible.  I'm really suffering through not having an easily consultable list of what's happening on the main stage - and maybe elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

This surprises me. Not that Takada is still injured but that Naghdi is the replacement. It had crossed my mind that Takada might be replaced but I would have betted on her replacement being Hayward, given she & Campbell are so often partnered together. Have Naghdi & Campbell danced together since Two Pigeons in January 2019? And that was also due to a cast change.

• Like 2