Elmhurst Young Dancers 2021

Ballerina_girl

Hi, would love some more information on this when are the audition dates/ entry dates? What’s the usual entry requirements? Where are the centres? (We are near to Manchester)  What days do they run? My DD got to the final for white lodge but wasn’t successful in gaining a place so looking at other options for her whilst waiting to hear back about RBS MA. She is not an associate anywhere currently.  Any info appreciated. Thanks 

• Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Weloveballet said:

Hi, would love some more information on this when are the audition dates/ entry dates? What’s the usual entry requirements? Where are the centres? (We are near to Manchester)  What days do they run? My DD got to the final for white lodge but wasn’t successful in gaining a place so looking at other options for her whilst waiting to hear back about RBS MA. She is not an associate anywhere currently.  Any info appreciated. Thanks 

The Extended Young Dancers programme, which is for children in year 7 and above I believe is only run from Elmhurst Ballet School itself.  Which is so far from where we live a 6 hour round trip.  There are no other centres for this age group.  My DD is a Young Dancer in year 6 it’s a brilliant scheme I have been so impressed and the progress she has made since joining is phenomenal.  She absolutely loves it.  I don’t think applications have opened yet. 

2 hours ago, Weloveballet said:

Hi Weloveballet, are you within travelling distance to London? If so, applications for Central’s associates programme are still open (I think until May) - I believe they run on Saturdays normally. That was going to be our next step. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ballet Dreams said:

The Extended Young Dancers programme, which is for children in year 7 and above I believe is only run from Elmhurst Ballet School itself.  Which is so far from where we live a 6 hour round trip.  There are no other centres for this age group.  My DD is a Young Dancer in year 6 it’s a brilliant scheme I have been so impressed and the progress she has made since joining is phenomenal.  She absolutely loves it.  I don’t think applications have opened yet. 

Thank you 😀 great to hear 

On 25/03/2021 at 07:40, Ballerina_girl said:

I think the Northern ballet do a scheme .... ?? 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by The red shoes
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hammond in Chester is a monthly and is a day long or was on a Sunday, included MT, singing , contemp as well as ballet

Midas is a very good one run by a lovely team @drdance and is based in birmingham near to elmhurst, it’s ballet based with conditioning and an extra lesson in MT or Jazz etc 

KS Dance in Warrington 

I think BBO or did do an associates in manchester 

Ballet Boost in Stoke,  

staffordshire youth ballet again in stoke 

plenty about 

• Like 1

There is Renaissance Arts Scholars on a sunday in Leeds ( every other week ) They usually audition towards the end of May, but i'm not sure what is happening this year. Ballet and Jazz each session, with opportunity ( in 'normal' times ) to add a vocal class and a pointe class. DD has been attending for 4 years now, and loves it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen that the applications are now open for Young Dancers. What I’m not sure of and wonder if anyone knows is, if you are already in this year, do you have to reapply for next year? Or do they assess them in class for moving up? My dd started this year in yr5 but I haven’t seen anything to explain how they progress into yr6. Anyone with experience who could advise, I’d be grateful. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Bookish said:

I’ve seen that the applications are now open for Young Dancers. What I’m not sure of and wonder if anyone knows is, if you are already in this year, do you have to reapply for next year? Or do they assess them in class for moving up? My dd started this year in yr5 but I haven’t seen anything to explain how they progress into yr6. Anyone with experience who could advise, I’d be grateful. Thanks.

They just progress from Y4  to 5 and from 5 to 6. They need to reaudition to continue with extended young dancers in y7 if you are a centre that offers this (I think its only at Birmingham but not certain)

• 2 weeks later...

Me again, with a slightly unrelated question. Has anyone found anywhere that has toilets open near Elmhurst. Spent a long time desperately trying to find some today but couldn’t, they were all locked. I can understand Elmhurst not letting us in to limit contacts at the moment, but surely there’s somewhere nearby?! Has anyone got any hidden gems they can let me know for next week please? Thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bookish said:

Me again, with a slightly unrelated question. Has anyone found anywhere that has toilets open near Elmhurst. Spent a long time desperately trying to find some today but couldn’t, they were all locked. I can understand Elmhurst not letting us in to limit contacts at the moment, but surely there’s somewhere nearby?! Has anyone got any hidden gems they can let me know for next week please? Thank you!

Maybe the Sainsbury’s a bit further down the a38? DS says the cafes in Moseley are open but he’s not sure whether the toilets inside them are. 

10 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Maybe the Sainsbury’s a bit further down the a38? DS says the cafes in Moseley are open but he’s not sure whether the toilets inside them are. 

I might try going into Moseley to see, thanks.

The Costa on Pershore Road is open plus there’s a Shell garage on Pershore Road that certainly has a loo that was open during the first Lockdown. We tend to stop at the last services on M40 the way in and do another stop on the way out. 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Pointeperfect said:

Hi has anyone received any information from Elmhurst about YD auditions this weekend? Particularly for extended young dancers? I received an automatic reply after I applied but nothing since. 

Unfortunately we also didn't receive anything @Pointeperfect😒x

15 hours ago, Pointeperfect said:

Hi has anyone received any information from Elmhurst about YD auditions this weekend? Particularly for extended young dancers? I received an automatic reply after I applied but nothing since. 

Hello Pointeperfect and welcome out of the lurking shadows!