Elmhurst Young Dancers 2021

Ballerina_girl

Definitely socks while still primary age. Also elastics on ballet shoes as they may well take shoes and socks off, and need to be able to put them back on themselves. YDs and full-time students all wear waist elastics (belts) as they help to show alignment, so wear one if you have one.

Yup, Bristol Road. Depending on which way you approach it you may need to drive straight past and loop back when u turns are permitted.

Good luck!

Edited by SissonneDoublee
Clarity

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, SissonneDoublee said:

Definitely socks while still primary age. Also elastics on ballet shoes as they may well take shoes and socks off, and need to be able to put them back on themselves. YDs and full-time students all wear waist elastics (belts) as they help to show alignment, so wear one if you have one.

Yup, Bristol Road. Depending on which way you approach it you may need to drive straight past and loop back when u turns are permitted.

Good luck!

Thank you. That’s really helpful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SJBallet said:

And it’s def at Elmhurst on Bristol road isn’t it 😁

If you approach via the city centre, there is a right hand lane just after the school that allows you to do a u turn - quite easy to miss!

Huge good luck to anyone auditioning this weekend!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SJBallet said:

We’ve received our email this eve but it doesn’t say anything about what to wear. Should Y5 auditioning for Y6 wear socks?

And it’s def at Elmhurst on Bristol road isn’t it 😁

Definitely socks at that age you can see their lines better. They where socks for young dancer lessons anyway. The school is really easy to find and yes it’s on Bristol Road.  

Good luck to you DD it really is a lovely scheme my DD has really enjoyed her time with EYD. 

Edited by Ballet Dreams
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BellaF said:

If you approach via the city centre, there is a right hand lane just after the school that allows you to do a u turn - quite easy to miss!

Huge good luck to anyone auditioning this weekend!

Watch out for cyclists though, the cycle lane runs through the u-turn space!! 

Hi there- my daughter auditioned for the Year 7 elmhurst associates.

If she were lucky enough to be accepted I was hoping I could take some guidance from people if it would be worth accepting. We live 1.45hr away and I’m happy to do the drive if it will genuinely progress her. Also can someone explain the difference between Elmhurst & RB? 
sorry I’m quite new to these associate programmes x

4 hours ago, KBM said:

If she were lucky enough to be accepted I was hoping I could take some guidance from people if it would be worth accepting. We live 1.45hr away and I’m happy to do the drive if it will genuinely progress her. Also can someone explain the difference between Elmhurst & RB? 

My DD has loved Elmhurst young dancers and I would have been willing to drive 3 hours each way  every Saturday for her to continue if she wasn’t going to the school in September. Good luck to your DD.  Elmhurst are usually very quick and getting results out. 

56 minutes ago, Ballet Dreams said:

My DD has loved Elmhurst young dancers and I would have been willing to drive 3 hours each way  every Saturday for her to continue if she wasn’t going to the school in September. Good luck to your DD.  Elmhurst are usually very quick and getting results out. 

Thanks & congratulations to your DD 👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firecracker said:

Has anyone else auditioned this morning? My dd was in group 1 at 9.30 and came out beaming asking if she could do it again. Very pleased with that as it's her first in person audition. Hope we find out quite quickly! 

Hello Firecracker and a belated welcome to the Forum!

8 hours ago, KBM said:

We drove both our DDs for 1hr 45 for 3 years each. The first time it was def worth it. Recently with covid there was no jazz class and ballet class was only 1hr 15. I don't think it was worth it but as we were so close to the end we carried on. I have resented it a bit though to be honest! It would have been much better to have a longer class lesson often.

1 hour ago, WhatsThePointe said:

We drove both our DDs for 1hr 45 for 3 years each. The first time it was def worth it. Recently with covid there was no jazz class and ballet class was only 1hr 15. I don't think it was worth it but as we were so close to the end we carried on. I have resented it a bit though to be honest! It would have been much better to have a longer class lesson often.

Thanks for the info. That’s definitely a long drive for a shorter class! 
She may not even get in (no idea how long it takes for results) but it’s good to have some insight into things. Thanks 

Is anyone from the South Wales area interested in sharing lifts for afternoon classes next year? We are struggling a little with this. My daughter will be year 9 but happy to drive slightly earlier and leave Elmhurst later if necessary x

16 minutes ago, Firecracker said:

Emails are coming out. A very happy yes for my dd, for Yr 4 Birmingham 😁😁

Well done that’s amazing. We also got a yes for year 6 Birmingham. Happy and totally shocked I have to say. 
So glad they didn’t make us wait over the week 😊
Good luck to everyone else 🤞

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SarahT said:

Well done that’s amazing. We also got a yes for year 6 Birmingham. Happy and totally shocked I have to say. 
So glad they didn’t make us wait over the week 😊
Good luck to everyone else 🤞

Congratulations to your son/daughter Sarah. It's so exciting! I was starting to think we were going to have to wait until after half term 🙈🙈

• Like 1

On 23/05/2021 at 13:28, Firecracker said:

Has anyone else auditioned this morning? My dd was in group 1 at 9.30 and came out beaming asking if she could do it again. Very pleased with that as it's her first in person audition. Hope we find out quite quickly! 

We have had a yes for year 5!!🎉🎉🎉 So shocked but incredibly pleased and proud of dd.🥰🥰🥰

• Like 4