Jump to content

RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021


PurplePirouette

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Waverley said:

I’m not clear on how it will work this year - last year they based the whole decision on the videos I believe but this year it says the ‘preliminary audition’ is by video and I’m sure I read somewhere that depending on restrictions etc that might be it or they might see some candidates in person.  I can’t now see where I read that though. 
 

In the past (pre-COVID) the results came out by centre in the order that they had held their auditions (and it was a long wait if you’d been in the first few auditions!) 

Yes I remember this now also. Which means it might be a lot longer process! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Fingers crossed. Has your son enjoyed his JA classes so far?

Thank you, yes he has really enjoyed the classes so far.  I don't feel he's had many as he only started in January, and its every fortnight.  But I find the teacher exceptionally kind, and it seems like they have mastered the art of offering great tuition and a nice experience via zoom.  I don't feel he has 'missed out' by doing it on zoom, but like all classes I'm sure it will be best in the studio.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Balletbuds80 said:

We submitted ours too. I hate the waiting. Once the deadline is up, I will be checking for views every day 😂

Just a little tip for anyone new to video auditions as I dont remember seeing it in the instructions this time. If you use YouTube, make sure your video is set to ‘unlisted’ otherwise it is viewable to anyone who searches for the key words that your video is titled e.g. Junior Associate. If you choose ‘unlisted’ only people who you give the link to can view. 
if I am wrong then please correct me as I am not very technical. You can change it in the settings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Just a little tip for anyone new to video auditions as I dont remember seeing it in the instructions this time. If you use YouTube, make sure your video is set to ‘unlisted’ otherwise it is viewable to anyone who searches for the key words that your video is titled e.g. Junior Associate. If you choose ‘unlisted’ only people who you give the link to can view. 
if I am wrong then please correct me as I am not very technical. You can change it in the settings. 

That’s if you dont want people to see it........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if films need to be of the whole thing or just the exercises. Do they want to see the children listening? I assume from previous posts they just skip to the bits they want to see anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sandrasp said:
2 hours ago, Isabella said:

Does anybody know if films need to be of the whole thing or just the exercises. Do they want to see the children listening? I assume from previous posts they just skip to the bits they want to see anyway. 

We pressed record at the start of each part and left it rolling until the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SarahG1881 said:

How long did we wait for results last year?

Slightly different this year isn’t it as all Year groups have been submitted together so I am guessing they will start with year 6 then do 4 and 5 together? I hunk it will be months. Do you think there will be an in person audition? 

 Last year 4&5 were sent out in centres and we got 2.5 weeks to submit then think it was about a month after that when we found out

Edited by Balletbuds80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Isabella said:

Didn’t somebody on here say it was video audition only? 

I'm not sure, but RBS website certainly implies that the videos are just preliminary:

The dates for JA auditions 2021 in each centre say 'tbc'. So it looks like they might be holding some final auditions in person this year?? 

Screenshot_20210227-224019_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but if accepted do year 4 and year 5 take separate classes or are they together? I’m sure I saw someone say they were together which seemed odd. 

 

Yes year 4 and 5 are together. Seems to work 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BellaF said:

 

Yes year 4 and 5 are together. Seems to work 😊

Thanks so much. 
my daughters hoping to be with her friend, which I know is a long shot as they’re both auditioning this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Lily Craggs said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but if accepted do year 4 and year 5 take separate classes or are they together? I’m sure I saw someone say they were together which seemed odd. 

It might be different per centre but in Leeds 4 and 5 are together then 6 is separate. So if you start in yr 4 you essentially repeat a year in yet 5 but it works really well. They all do the same work but yr4 kids do the easier version and yr5 kids do a more advanced version. Xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Shelovesdance said:

It might be different per centre but in Leeds 4 and 5 are together then 6 is separate. So if you start in yr 4 you essentially repeat a year in yet 5 but it works really well. They all do the same work but yr4 kids do the easier version and yr5 kids do a more advanced version. Xx

In Bath this year they've had 2 mixed groups with years 4 5 and 6 together. I think normally year 6 are separate though? It works fine as they all do slightly different variations e.g. year 4 facing the barre, year 6 one hand on the barre...x 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...