RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SarahG1881 said:

How long did we wait for results last year?

Slightly different this year isn’t it as all Year groups have been submitted together so I am guessing they will start with year 6 then do 4 and 5 together? I hunk it will be months. Do you think there will be an in person audition? 

Last year 4&5 were sent out in centres and we got 2.5 weeks to submit then think it was about a month after that when we found out

Edited by Balletbuds80

10 minutes ago, Isabella said:

Didn’t somebody on here say it was video audition only? 

I'm not sure, but RBS website certainly implies that the videos are just preliminary:

The dates for JA auditions 2021 in each centre say 'tbc'. So it looks like they might be holding some final auditions in person this year?? 

Screenshot_20210227-224019_Samsung Internet.jpg

30 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but if accepted do year 4 and year 5 take separate classes or are they together? I’m sure I saw someone say they were together which seemed odd. 

Yes year 4 and 5 are together. Seems to work 😊

7 hours ago, BellaF said:

Yes year 4 and 5 are together. Seems to work 😊

Thanks so much. 
my daughters hoping to be with her friend, which I know is a long shot as they’re both auditioning this year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lily Craggs said:

Sorry if this is a silly question but if accepted do year 4 and year 5 take separate classes or are they together? I’m sure I saw someone say they were together which seemed odd. 

It might be different per centre but in Leeds 4 and 5 are together then 6 is separate. So if you start in yr 4 you essentially repeat a year in yet 5 but it works really well. They all do the same work but yr4 kids do the easier version and yr5 kids do a more advanced version. Xx

4 minutes ago, Shelovesdance said:

It might be different per centre but in Leeds 4 and 5 are together then 6 is separate. So if you start in yr 4 you essentially repeat a year in yet 5 but it works really well. They all do the same work but yr4 kids do the easier version and yr5 kids do a more advanced version. Xx

In Bath this year they've had 2 mixed groups with years 4 5 and 6 together. I think normally year 6 are separate though? It works fine as they all do slightly different variations e.g. year 4 facing the barre, year 6 one hand on the barre...x 

8 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

In Bath this year they've had 2 mixed groups with years 4 5 and 6 together. I think normally year 6 are separate though? It works fine as they all do slightly different variations e.g. year 4 facing the barre, year 6 one hand on the barre...x 

Actually yes good point. This year they have put some yr 5s with yr 6’s in Leeds too but I’m assuming that’s just Covid related as haven’t heard of that before? Unless it’s more common in other centres? Xx

8 minutes ago, Shelovesdance said:

Actually yes good point. This year they have put some yr 5s with yr 6’s in Leeds too but I’m assuming that’s just Covid related as haven’t heard of that before? Unless it’s more common in other centres? Xx

Yeah I'm not sure to be honest as we only joined year 6! Probably covid related! X 

6 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Yeah I'm not sure to be honest as we only joined year 6! Probably covid related! X 

The class changes to mix year 5 and six n Leeds were definitely Covid related to make space for the new year 4s that joined. There were 9 year 5s in December, I think the intention was to split them in half, so half staying in the Yr4/5 class and half joining the year 6, I think though that there’s only 9 girls in the year 5/6 class 3 are year 5s. I don’t know if next year will go back to normal. If so there will be about 9 year 6s plus any new. And then the current year 4s will be year 5s (there’s only a couple) so space for year 4s and 5s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

I don't think there are any year 4s in my DDs class in Birmingham, so hopefully lots of places for year 4 and 5s coming through 😊

@BellaF that's interesting to hear! My DD got a swl for yr4 Birmingham last year, so was offered an online JEP place (which we turned down). I knew places/numbers were reduced last year, but I'd assumed some were available...... Fingers crossed for better luck this year! 🙏

I think it just depends on the centre - at my DD’s centre there was (pre-COVID) only one mixed class, girls and boys and years 4/5/6 all in together. As above they did some exercises differently depending on what stage they were at. It’s all been a bit different since the class was split for SD reasons but generally it’s been mixed. 

1 minute ago, MissEmily said:

Has anyone had "Based on your admission item, you need to have at least 1 courses." pop up after page 2 of the application form?!

Yes I did! It took me ages to work out what was going on and I only figured it out because I changed browser. At the top of the page you should be able to see Junior Associates written and the option to click in a box with the price to select it, if you can't see that then you may need to adjust your browser settings or change browser. This was our issue anyway, hope this makes sense.

• Like 1

We're filming my daughter's audition and doing photo's today - just a little last minute - but finding the space has been hard! She got SWL last time and as a result did the Junior Engagement programme via zoom with RBS which was great!

I've been trying to find other associate courses for her to apply to, she's 8, can anyone recommend any? She's already with Ballet Boost.

Good luck to everyone's small people in their applications!! xx

34 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

We're filming my daughter's audition and doing photo's today - just a little last minute - but finding the space has been hard! She got SWL last time and as a result did the Junior Engagement programme via zoom with RBS which was great!

I've been trying to find other associate courses for her to apply to, she's 8, can anyone recommend any? She's already with Ballet Boost.

Tring CBA takes them when they’re 7/8 I think. They haven’t announced their summer audition dates yet though. Elmhurst is from year 4 but they haven’t announced their audition dates either yet. Southeast Ballet Scholars is from 8 years old and they’re auditioning on the 18th April.

We only filmed our video yesterday, our entire living room needed to be rearranged so we had space to film and I was putting it off 😂 hope it all goes well for your daughter today!

x

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Balletbow said:

We struggled with space last year. My DS was in a very tight space; ‘adequate’ but a touch restrictive. It didn’t have any impact on the outcome though. Even with summer intensives, we had ‘home photos’ rather than glossy studio or tutor-guided photos. I think our two positive experiences are that the RBS see what they need to see, and it doesn’t need to be glossy or polished at this young age. 

8 hours ago, Balletbow said:

I can’t recommend Tring CBA enough. I can only speak for the boys, but from what I’ve seen on zoom, it’s very kind, inspiring, focused and when it’s in the studios, it’s a beautiful environment. 

11 hours ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Does anyone know whether if you apply to “London 32 weeks” and “London 25 weeks” that would be like applying to two different centres and gives my LO more chance or whether as it’s London and London, it still only acts as one choice? 

We have done this. 
was hoping it will show we only want the one centre but we don’t mind how many weeks she just wants to join! 
(wishful thinking!)

11 hours ago, Babyballerinamum said:

Does anyone know whether if you apply to “London 32 weeks” and “London 25 weeks” that would be like applying to two different centres and gives my LO more chance or whether as it’s London and London, it still only acts as one choice? 

When Dd went to the insight day they said if one centre is your only option then don’t put two down.