Jump to content

RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021


PurplePirouette

Recommended Posts

Also it’s very last minute to extend it - I could understand if they’d extended a few days ago, even yesterday - but after the initial deadline seems odd. Surely most people who were going to apply have done so, and unless you receive notification saying otherwise you’d assume the date has passed! As @In at the deep end said maybe not as many people applied!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

Oh gosh how frustrating I was still doing the form late last night & I could have redone the photos I’ve been stressing about it I’d known!

Yep we submitted ours late last night too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their website still says: 

 

“We aim to send preliminary results for full-time training auditions out as soon as possible, this is likely to be within one month after your audition.

Associate results go out at the very end of the audition process, this will be in March/April.“

 

 

So I assume they’re going to stick to this as much as possible. It also says there’s no other audition for associates.

 

‘If applying for an Associate programme, you only need to complete the preliminary stage audition’

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Their website still says: 

 

“We aim to send preliminary results for full-time training auditions out as soon as possible, this is likely to be within one month after your audition.

Associate results go out at the very end of the audition process, this will be in March/April.“

 

 

So I assume they’re going to stick to this as much as possible. It also says there’s no other audition for associates.

 

‘If applying for an Associate programme, you only need to complete the preliminary stage audition’

 

 

Ooh we might find out sooner than I first anticipated! Not that this will help with the email checking 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would just add a word of caution that the website may not be up to date for all things. It still says JA auditions are held in the summer term, for example. So it may be that this year they will do preliminary auditions by video and do a short list and then see children in person in May half term as usual. I think they haven't committed to anything either way so far, so I would just be a bit cautious about assuming that the final results will be out in March/April for JA courses that start in September. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree - I don’t think the FAQ have been updated for this year - and I would also note that I think that’s talking more about mid/senior associates. For JA the process was always a bit later in the year, auditioning in person in spring time roughly and results out in June.

 

The website was a bit out of date re then summer intensives as well - they hadn’t updated it to make some changes which were in place for this year specifically. 

 

The ‘Apply Now’ button still says they may ask to see some people in person if they are able to. I’m as keen as anyone to know but I think it’s a while off yet, and even then there’s still likely to be a second round in person (altho maybe not if they’ve had less applicants this year?!) 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SarahG1881 said:

I emailed roughly a month ago asking about preliminary auditions and was told the process is the same as last year. 
 

Thank fir this. Does that mean no finals for JAs? Results based on video auditions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Balletmad78 said:

Thank fir this. Does that mean no finals for JAs? Results based on video auditions?

That is what I believe from my email response .. however the application did say somewhere they would like to have them in person if rules allow? I’m sure I read that and it wasn’t a dream?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Balletdreamsgoon said:

Hi. I am new to this site. Can I ask a question on JA's if anybody knows the answer. Do the boys have a class on their own or is it mix. Also how many are in a class. Thanks 

 

I think London might have a dedicated boys class but the other centres mixed (I know Birmingham certainly is). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

That is what I believe from my email response .. however the application did say somewhere they would like to have them in person if rules allow? I’m sure I read that and it wasn’t a dream?

I think I read that too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

That is what I believe from my email response .. however the application did say somewhere they would like to have them in person if rules allow? I’m sure I read that and it wasn’t a dream?

Pretty sure I had read the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My stomach went over when I saw April. It would be great to know either way by then. I just wish there was feedback from auditions as my dd decided to do it again but I’ve got no idea why they would choose her this year when they didn’t last time. What if it was based on her body type??? She can’t change that??? Oh well it will make her resilient if nothing else! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Isabella said:

My stomach went over when I saw April. It would be great to know either way by then. I just wish there was feedback from auditions as my dd decided to do it again but I’ve got no idea why they would choose her this year when they didn’t last time. What if it was based on her body type??? She can’t change that??? Oh well it will make her resilient if nothing else! 

I know what you mean , it would be easier if we were told  ( not the children)their body type was wrong as it would save alot of time and money applying for places they had 0% chance of getting in based on body type. It would give us parents the chance to steer them in a different direction or go for schools where that is not an issue or another pathway entirely. I have already prepared my son that he might night have the 'look' that a place requires and that it is not based on his ability, not made a big thing of it, but said there are situations where that does happen and to not be discouraged by it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know the ones chosen last year all vary massively from our dance school in terms of their body type so I don’t think it’s that simple any more.

 

my daughter has decided not to go for it this year but has an associate programme already and has applied for northern. 
 

good luck everyone 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...