RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

21 minutes ago, Balletdreamsgoon said:

Hi. I am new to this site. Can I ask a question on JA's if anybody knows the answer. Do the boys have a class on their own or is it mix. Also how many are in a class. Thanks 

I think London might have a dedicated boys class but the other centres mixed (I know Birmingham certainly is). 

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My stomach went over when I saw April. It would be great to know either way by then. I just wish there was feedback from auditions as my dd decided to do it again but I’ve got no idea why they would choose her this year when they didn’t last time. What if it was based on her body type??? She can’t change that??? Oh well it will make her resilient if nothing else! 

11 hours ago, Isabella said:

My stomach went over when I saw April. It would be great to know either way by then. I just wish there was feedback from auditions as my dd decided to do it again but I’ve got no idea why they would choose her this year when they didn’t last time. What if it was based on her body type??? She can’t change that??? Oh well it will make her resilient if nothing else! 

I know what you mean , it would be easier if we were told  ( not the children)their body type was wrong as it would save alot of time and money applying for places they had 0% chance of getting in based on body type. It would give us parents the chance to steer them in a different direction or go for schools where that is not an issue or another pathway entirely. I have already prepared my son that he might night have the 'look' that a place requires and that it is not based on his ability, not made a big thing of it, but said there are situations where that does happen and to not be discouraged by it. 

I know the ones chosen last year all vary massively from our dance school in terms of their body type so I don’t think it’s that simple any more.

my daughter has decided not to go for it this year but has an associate programme already and has applied for northern. 

good luck everyone 

22 hours ago, Isabella said:

Yes same here! 
My dds teacher says has a lot of potential and everything royal ballet are looking for  (as I’m sure many others do, her teacher has had several children gain places) but if she isn’t right for them I’d rather know so we don’t keep auditioning and breaking my daughters heart. 
It would be so lovely to get feedback. 

You may not all want to hear this but ....

DS rang the other day, having got in a huff about something and nothing, he'd applied for a vacancy elsewhere.  Should he now follow through and take the audition?

I could think of many, many reasons why not but ended up rather feebly suggesting he treated it exactly the same as when he was little and we used to trot off to auditions together.  The view was always that it would be a lovely day out and if anything came of it, so much the better and we'd discuss the implications then.

So consider this the first of many, many such trips to come (although I obviously no longer play taxi).  We've had more lovely days out with nothing to discuss except where to have lunch than successes over the years, but that early training still comes in useful!

• Like 6

It still says today on the website. It’s funny because my DD did an online JA insight day in Feb and they were very clear that they wouldn’t accept applications after 11am on the 23rd March. My only guess is that they realised their submission date was pretty close to the WL finals and results so maybe they wanted to keep them separate. 

I wonder how long it’ll be until we hear - the Tring CBA submission deadline is today and they’ve said we should hear by the 15th April. But last summer it was about 6 weeks before we heard about JAs so I’m trying not to think about it too much 😂

3 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Is it? There’s no dates on the website. I did email them a few weeks ago about applying but didn’t get a reply :(

Is that for Tring? I think we applied at the beginning of February and the people who’d applied then got the video requirements a couple of weeks later. The website says they’ll have dates for summer auditions soon though 😊

5 minutes ago, MamaFrosty said:

Is that for Tring? I think we applied at the beginning of February and the people who’d applied then got the video requirements a couple of weeks later. The website says they’ll have dates for summer auditions soon though 😊

Ahh I see - thought I’d missed it completely!!

Good luck to all that have auditioned for RBS JA and CBA, this is our first year trying auditions, I saw on a letter that CBA wanted to let people know by the 15th April because they may ask some to start in the summer term with starts the 25th April ?? did anyone else see that? I might look back at the emails to double check. 

27 minutes ago, Dancedreamer said:

Good luck to all that have auditioned for RBS JA and CBA, this is our first year trying auditions, I saw on a letter that CBA wanted to let people know by the 15th April because they may ask some to start in the summer term with starts the 25th April ?? did anyone else see that? I might look back at the emails to double check. 

Correct. CBA is good and my DD is enjoying it although mostly on zoom this year. 

15 minutes ago, Balletdreamsgoon said:

Correct. CBA is good and my DD is enjoying it although mostly on zoom this year. 

glad you DD is enjoying it despite being on Zoom, I don't think DS will get into anything this year but thats ok its what we are expecting still fun trying out .

And just be clear as im not sure if im getting it right . So for junior associates there were preliminary audtions and if sucessfull there will be invited for audition in person ? Or the viedo audition was the final one ?