RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. We used it last year. No way to see views that I found. Used YouTube this year for that reason! 

I find the website really confusing on whether there will be second in person auditions. At one point it says all those who submit will be invited to another audition. In another, it says they might invite some to in person auditions if the situation allows. I guess some of the website is out of date 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m going to try and forget about it abs just roll with whatever happens. My DD will likely do better in person tv off she gets that chance

1 minute ago, Babyballerinamum said:

No. We used it last year. No way to see views that I found. Used YouTube this year for that reason! 

I find the website really confusing on whether there will be second in person auditions. At one point it says all those who submit will be invited to another audition. In another, it says they might invite some to in person auditions if the situation allows. I guess some of the website is out of date 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m going to try and forget about it abs just roll with whatever happens. My DD will likely do better in person tv off she gets that chance

That’s true . I forgot about it all for some time . Now my DD coming and asking everyday about that 🙈. I really would like to find about something This month . Lol . 

24 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Wow this is a long audition process for the Juniors! But it sounds like if we are going to hear in April they must have started looking at the applications. Has anyone had a view yet? We haven’t. 

At least it won't be the nearly year long process as it was last year 😀

5 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Wow this is a long audition process for the Juniors! But it sounds like if we are going to hear in April they must have started looking at the applications. Has anyone had a view yet? We haven’t. 

No viewing yet here either x

6 hours ago, Balletbuds80 said:

No not yet. I keep checking 

11 hours ago, Balletdreamsgoon said:

Yes also heard there will be a final audition in person if you have been invited. This will be in addition to the video and photos already submitted 

Did you hear this from your teacher too? 
No views here. 

5 minutes ago, SJBallet said:

It’s published in their annual report usually. If you google RBS annual report it will give a link to them. 2018/19 is the latest one published I think. 

Thank you. I just would have been interested to see what last years figures were and in general how many kids audition as I have no idea. 

10 hours ago, Lily Craggs said:

Thank you. I just would have been interested to see what last years figures were and in general how many kids audition as I have no idea. 

I don't think they've published the figures for the last 2 years yet...last years figures were unusual due to covid...they took a lot less due to covid (our JA teacher told us). I don't think there is anything official though. They normally take around 10/15% of those who audition but it varies by centre....x 

6 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

I don't think they've published the figures for the last 2 years yet...last years figures were unusual due to covid...they took a lot less due to covid (our JA teacher told us). I don't think there is anything official though. They normally take around 10/15% of those who audition but it varies by centre....x 

I looked and it was fascinating to see the no’s increase over the years and see all the breakdowns of places etc. 
Although the last 2 published annual reports don’t go into as much detail as the previous ones.  

3 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Can anybody give a rough estimate of how many apply for year 5 and how many gain a place? 
Are we looking at a couple of hundred per year, per centre or much less/much more? 

Due to the limited amount of places for this year You’d assume there would be more than normal for next year. But if the school still has to social distance students in the studio maybe there won’t be ??? And the junior engagement programme will be going for another year ? 

@SarahG1881 I was told last year that around 10% applications are successful. In previous years, around 1000 children applied, so that means only 100 places are available across years 4-6 in all centres. Most yr6 clases are separate, I believe. Leaving a mix of yr4/5. However, this year more places might be available as they took so few last year due to Covid? That's my understanding. It still means JA is a hard group to get into! 

1 hour ago, In at the deep end said:

@SarahG1881 I was told last year that around 10% applications are successful. In previous years, around 1000 children applied, so that means only 100 places are available across years 4-6 in all centres. Most yr6 clases are separate, I believe. Leaving a mix of yr4/5. However, this year more places might be available as they took so few last year due to Covid? That's my understanding. It still means JA is a hard group to get into! 

Yes hopeful there will be more spaces this year also! 
Thank you for the rough figures x

6 hours ago, Lily Craggs said:

Due to the limited amount of places for this year You’d assume there would be more than normal for next year. But if the school still has to social distance students in the studio maybe there won’t be ??? And the junior engagement programme will be going for another year ? 

Is the JEP programme definitely happening again?

11 minutes ago, SarahG1881 said:

Is the JEP programme definitely happening again?

I have no idea , I was just wondering how long social distancing in classes was going to last. Hopefully by sept there won’t be and they’ll be taking the usual amount of students so no need for the extra JEP programme . 

If we are on track with the roadmap out then there will be no more restrictions on social contact from 21st June which would suggest all would be back to life as we knew it by then 🤞🏻 So hopefully full size classes by then also.
Has anyone had a view yet? I am doubtful they are going to get through all the videos and let us know in April as suggested in an earlier post. Last year the Y6 were separate and it took them a month to go though the Y4&5 by each Centre. 

DE075F23-A4B0-4AD1-B4E5-4C51A8DC32EA.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

If we are on track with the roadmap out then there will be no more restrictions on social contact from 21st June which would suggest all would be back to life as we knew it by then 🤞🏻 So hopefully full size classes by then also.
Has anyone had a view yet? I am doubtful they are going to get through all the videos and let us know in April as suggested in an earlier post. Last year the Y6 were separate and it took them a month to go though the Y4&5 by each Centre. 

DE075F23-A4B0-4AD1-B4E5-4C51A8DC32EA.jpeg

Oh yes of course. I think this last year has turned me into a massive pessimist where all this is concerned. 
I won’t believe it until it’s happened 🤣