RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

5 hours ago, Spamcat said:

Can't believe I'm back here for a third year of JA audition turmoil! 🙈😭

DD trying AGAIN for yr6 this time. We really have zero hope so not taking it too seriously this time.

She did the virtual insight day today and I only just discovered that the video auditions have to be sent in with the application this year. It says not to watch the video or practice (which we absolutely didn't last time) but it is the exact same video as last year and my DD remembers it very clearly having watched her videos back many times and going over what she could improve on, so it may be hard for it not to look rehearsed! 😬

Hello again @Spamcat! I remember you from last year 😉 My DD is also trying again for JA this year, I'm not looking forward to the roller coaster ride again 😬 She was SWL last year, but we turned down the JEP classes. I just hope they don't hold that against her! 

• Like 1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Balletbuds80 said:

Hi. Has anyone done the audition yet? In the photo requirements, it is asking for a headshot (I think this is new from last year). I am just filling in the application but I cannot see anywhere which asks for the headshot? Have I missed it?

I have just emailed them to ask how we do this and will report back when I get a reply😀

15 hours ago, In at the deep end said:

Hello again @Spamcat! I remember you from last year 😉 My DD is also trying again for JA this year, I'm not looking forward to the roller coaster ride again 😬 She was SWL last year, but we turned down the JEP classes. I just hope they don't hold that against her! 

Hello 👋 I remember you too! Good luck for this year. Which area are you applying to? I cant remember. We are Birmingham. My DD is an Elmhurst young dancer. Xx

1 hour ago, Spamcat said:

Hello 👋 I remember you too! Good luck for this year. Which area are you applying to? I cant remember. We are Birmingham. My DD is an Elmhurst young dancer. Xx

Hi! Birmingham as well (even though we live near Bristol!) My daughter is also a YD in yr4. I think I remember your DD is yr5?? We're looking forward to being back in the studio! Good luck to you too 🍀Xx

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

Hi! Birmingham as well (even though we live near Bristol!) My daughter is also a YD in yr4. I think I remember your DD is yr5?? We're looking forward to being back in the studio! Good luck to you too 🍀Xx

Yes that is right she is yr5, end of August baby so youngest in her year! Xx

Does anyone know if they take many yr 6s or are they only filling places from yr 5s that drop out?

My DD took part in the insight day again this week. We were told that places available for 2020 intake much lower than usual due to smaller class sizes, studio availability, social distancing etc. But they were hopeful that numbers might be back to normal by Sept 2021? I read that as more places being available this year than ever?! Perhaps a little optimistic of me 🤣

• Like 2

Right from the beginning, that was my thought, that if Y4s rise to Y5, and Y5 rise to Y6, there would never in theory be new places. But they said they expand the groups each year to accommodate more. This year they expanded them by a far smaller number that they normally would.

I can only speak for the number of boys, but I believe there are only 3 Y5 boys in Birmingham right now, who will rise to Y6 in September. That will make space for some more Y4 and Y5 boys, and there should be even more as that number is low. 

I also believe someone once said Birmingham had 6 Y6 boys, so there’s space for at least 3 more boys if they were to go back towards older levels of student numbers, maybe even a couple more. 

• Like 1

@RachH & @BalletBoysDad we had our acceptance email last night,  my dd is so excited! It was definitely the boost she needed at the moment, and I 100% agree with you @BalletBoysDad that it’s great to show them there’s a whole world of ballet out there. She’s had a no from JAs the last two years so it was nice to have an audition success! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, PurplePirouette said:

@RachH & @BalletBoysDad we had our acceptance email last night,  my dd is so excited! It was definitely the boost she needed at the moment, and I 100% agree with you @BalletBoysDad that it’s great to show them there’s a whole world of ballet out there. She’s had a no from JAs the last two years so it was nice to have an audition success! 

Oh that’s wonderful news, congratulations! 4 hours a day (give or take breaks) over 2 weeks is 40 hours of ballet. That’s like a years programme in a fortnight haha. My DS really enjoyed doing one last year. It really motivated and prepared him for the auditions shortly after, and also allowed him to shake off the disappointments of the previous year. And dare I say, it was nice to be dancing amongst new faces. Really hope your DD enjoys and thrives with the experience.

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Spelling

16 minutes ago, BalletBoysDad said:

Oh that’s wonderful news, congratulations! 4 hours a day (give or take breaks) over 2 weeks is 40 hours of ballet. That’s like a years programme in a fortnight haha. My DS really enjoyed doing one last year. It really motivated and prepared him for the auditions shortly after, and also allowed him to shake off the disappointments of the previous year. And dare I say, it was nice to be dancing amongst new faces. Really hope your DD enjoys and thrives with the experience.

That’s a really good way of putting it, a whole programme in 2 weeks!! Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, hopefully it will be great timing to kickstart for the audition process from September. I hope your son has a wonderful experience too🤗

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RachH said:

@PurplePirouette - brilliant news! Well done to your DD! Which dates are you doing? We’ve gone for June... 

I think August, but lots of people from the UK seem to be going for June so I don’t really know what to do! I’m going to leave it a bit longer to submit the forms then have longer to decide! X

4 minutes ago, Sandrasp said:

Hi . Can any one help with the link to the application form the link above it’s just to the web where all it’s explained but I can’t see the form 

have you clicked in the yellow box where is says apply now? 

2 hours ago, PurplePirouette said:

I think August, but lots of people from the UK seem to be going for June so I don’t really know what to do! I’m going to leave it a bit longer to submit the forms then have longer to decide! X

I'd never heard of this. Is this in the term time in June? Will people keep kids off school?