RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

How strict do you think they’ll be on the photos? We definitely didn’t get as good as her teachers could have got out of her :( I always feel guilt when I seem to have the key role in the application process 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just can’t see the tweaks! 

Please don’t feel guilty.  You’re her Mum not her teacher.  You can only do your best.  They will see how she can dance from the videos and what her physique is like from the pictures.  It really is the best you can do at the moment and you shouldn’t beat yourself up for it.

1 hour ago, Exhausteddancemum said:

How strict do you think they’ll be on the photos? We definitely didn’t get as good as her teachers could have got out of her :( I always feel guilt when I seem to have the key role in the application process 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just can’t see the tweaks! 

I wouldn't worry too much about the photos. There was a massive lag between taking ours in January last year and finally doing the audition video in October, during which DD entirely changed proportions. Looking back, the photos were awful (and I mean AWFUL 😂) so I can't believe they played any part in getting her place, in fact I think they would have gone against her. I've read on here before that they are primarily used for identification purposes which makes sense.

Edited by BellaF

Also it’s very last minute to extend it - I could understand if they’d extended a few days ago, even yesterday - but after the initial deadline seems odd. Surely most people who were going to apply have done so, and unless you receive notification saying otherwise you’d assume the date has passed! As @In at the deep end said maybe not as many people applied!

Their website still says: 

“We aim to send preliminary results for full-time training auditions out as soon as possible, this is likely to be within one month after your audition.

Associate results go out at the very end of the audition process, this will be in March/April.“

So I assume they’re going to stick to this as much as possible. It also says there’s no other audition for associates.

‘If applying for an Associate programme, you only need to complete the preliminary stage audition’

14 minutes ago, Balletbow said:

Their website still says: 

“We aim to send preliminary results for full-time training auditions out as soon as possible, this is likely to be within one month after your audition.

Associate results go out at the very end of the audition process, this will be in March/April.“

So I assume they’re going to stick to this as much as possible. It also says there’s no other audition for associates.

‘If applying for an Associate programme, you only need to complete the preliminary stage audition’

Ooh we might find out sooner than I first anticipated! Not that this will help with the email checking 😬

I would just add a word of caution that the website may not be up to date for all things. It still says JA auditions are held in the summer term, for example. So it may be that this year they will do preliminary auditions by video and do a short list and then see children in person in May half term as usual. I think they haven't committed to anything either way so far, so I would just be a bit cautious about assuming that the final results will be out in March/April for JA courses that start in September. 

• Like 1

I agree - I don’t think the FAQ have been updated for this year - and I would also note that I think that’s talking more about mid/senior associates. For JA the process was always a bit later in the year, auditioning in person in spring time roughly and results out in June.

The website was a bit out of date re then summer intensives as well - they hadn’t updated it to make some changes which were in place for this year specifically. 

The ‘Apply Now’ button still says they may ask to see some people in person if they are able to. I’m as keen as anyone to know but I think it’s a while off yet, and even then there’s still likely to be a second round in person (altho maybe not if they’ve had less applicants this year?!) 

1 minute ago, Balletmad78 said:

Thank fir this. Does that mean no finals for JAs? Results based on video auditions?

That is what I believe from my email response .. however the application did say somewhere they would like to have them in person if rules allow? I’m sure I read that and it wasn’t a dream?