RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

18 minutes ago, Lily Craggs said:

Oh yes of course. I think this last year has turned me into a massive pessimist where all this is concerned. 
I won’t believe it until it’s happened 🤣

True but I guess they have to make decisions as the guidelines stand at that moment in time so I am staying to be positive. Wishful thinking 

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, first timer to auditioning for y4 place this time. I only chose Manchester as we live in North Wales. Wondering if I should have picked other options like Leeds etc too now. 

Also looking to audition for Elmhurst but there doesn't seem to be a date yet. When do they usually open their applications? 

3 hours ago, Brittw84 said:

Hi everyone, first timer to auditioning for y4 place this time. I only chose Manchester as we live in North Wales. Wondering if I should have picked other options like Leeds etc too now. 

Also looking to audition for Elmhurst but there doesn't seem to be a date yet. When do they usually open their applications? 

Hi. We didn’t put a second option last year as wasn’t willing to travel 2 hours away (our closest is Leeds and 1 hour away) but this year I have put Newcastle as a second choice which is 2 hours away 😬 You might be able to add it on as last year they advised you could change your centres which suggested to me as a newby that you could previous years. Worth a try?

On 08/04/2021 at 11:09, Lily Craggs said:

Due to the limited amount of places for this year You’d assume there would be more than normal for next year. But if the school still has to social distance students in the studio maybe there won’t be ??? And the junior engagement programme will be going for another year ? 

What is the junior engagement program please?

33 minutes ago, Twinkletoes22 said:

What is the junior engagement program please?

Due to there being fewer places because of covid, the children who were on the short waiting list were offered the programme which is a 1 hr 15 minute class every other week online . 

2 hours ago, SarahG1881 said:

Anybody gained anymore insight into in person auditions?

I emailed but still nothing confirmed. They said they put a caveat on the website until they knew what would be happening with COVID but basically said that it would be applicable to Juniors and that if they felt that if they wanted to see anyone in person and restrictions allowed, then they would and any details would be sent out nearer the time. But unfortunately no more elaborate than that for me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi. I'm totally new to ballet but have a young son who is in love with it so I'm having to learn fast! I have read through all the posts here and they have been really helpful and informative so thank you. We have applied for JAs and I was wondering if anyone knew how long they take to decide and how they get in touch with you, do they send out the 'not yet' first? And do they write or is it by email. Thank you 😊

14 minutes ago, Lindsey said:

Hi. I'm totally new to ballet but have a young son who is in love with it so I'm having to learn fast! I have read through all the posts here and they have been really helpful and informative so thank you. We have applied for JAs and I was wondering if anyone knew how long they take to decide and how they get in touch with you, do they send out the 'not yet' first? And do they write or is it by email. Thank you 😊

Hi! 
last year the results took quite a long time and came by email. There is some speculation we may find out in April this year. 
good luck x

1 hour ago, Balletbuds80 said:

I emailed but still nothing confirmed. They said they put a caveat on the website until they knew what would be happening with COVID but basically said that it would be applicable to Juniors and that if they felt that if they wanted to see anyone in person and restrictions allowed, then they would and any details would be sent out nearer the time. But unfortunately no more elaborate than that for me. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Thank you! 
So could be a while to wait still then. 
Sounds like they’re keeping their options open. 

I think once they have emailed the results for the higher associate programmes, then they’ll start looking at Juniors. A friend told me they normally hold in studio Junior auditions in May and results come out in June but that’s not having to go through 100’s of videos. I am expecting to hear by June and anything before is a bonus. It doesn’t stop me checking for views every day though 😂

My DD is year 5. We submitted via Google drive so I’ve no idea if they’ve viewed anything but it seems like the Mids are still waiting to hear and I can’t imagine they’ll do JAs before them. From other forum posts, I think anyone who wasn’t able to get to the WL finals were seen on zoom today, which means they can hopefully finalise the last few WL places, then Mids, then I guess they’ll move onto the JAs x

Following on from the recent email, has anyone had a view yet? I am desperate to know if they will do it by locations or by year groups or both! Last year for Y4 & 5, we were told of the order in locations so at least we had some idea. I am hopeful there’s going to be views this or next week 😊