RBS Junior Associate Auditions 2021

Tdc34

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 18/05/2021 at 21:59, MissEmily said:

My pupil's videos for Eastleigh Year 6 have been viewed. Part 1 has been viewed twice for 5 mins, Part 2 once for an average of 7 mins Part 3 twice for an average of 6 mins. So already far more viewing time than last year!

Possible then that this time they might be watching them in a v set way. Ours were watched yesterday. Part 1 for just under 5 minutes, Part 2 for 9 minutes, and Part 3 for  7 1/2 minutes. Glad they’ve been viewed and really watched well. Now to forget about it until I get an email.... ha!

22 minutes ago, In at the deep end said:

We've now had views on all three videos, they were watched on Thursday afternoon. 12 mins, 10 mins and 14 mins respectively. I don't know if its good or bad that they took so long to make their minds up?! 🤔

Our videos have been watched numerous times but not for the full minutes except part 1. Video 3 has been watched 4 times and video 2, 3 times. So she obvious isn't an instant yes if they need to keep going back. 
I now feel its better not knowing. Last year we had the majority watched on each video but only one view each

Edited by Balletbuds80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, In at the deep end said:

We've now had views on all three videos, they were watched on Thursday afternoon. 12 mins, 10 mins and 14 mins respectively. I don't know if its good or bad that they took so long to make their minds up?! 🤔

We are the same 

Video 1 has been viewed for 12 minutes (it’s 12.5 mins long)

Video 2 for 8 minutes 45 seconds (it’s 9 mins long)

Video 3 for 13 minutes (it’s 13.5 minutes long) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahG1881 said:

We are the same 

Video 1 has been viewed for 12 minutes (it’s 12.5 mins long)

Video 2 for 8 minutes 45 seconds (it’s 9 mins long)

Video 3 for 13 minutes (it’s 13.5 minutes long) 

That's interesting, as we're both Birmingham yr5? I wonder if they have had the same judge looking at them? X

1 hour ago, In at the deep end said:

That's interesting, as we're both Birmingham yr5? I wonder if they have had the same judge looking at them? X

I’ve had so many guesses as to why.

They’re unsure so wanted to see all of the videos. 
They love her so want to see everything.

They fell asleep and left it playing? 😂

Judging by last year it could mean anything! 
Do we know how many places are available for y5 Birmingham? 

1 hour ago, SarahG1881 said:

Do we know how many places are available for y5 Birmingham? 

If you mean year 5 from September then I'd guess quite a few! My DD is a current Y5 at Birmingham and there are only 2 year 4 children that I know of leaving a number of spaces for others to join 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahG1881 said:

I’ve had so many guesses as to why.

They’re unsure so wanted to see all of the videos. 
They love her so want to see everything.

They fell asleep and left it playing? 😂

Judging by last year it could mean anything! 

Absolutely! You're not alone, I have no idea 😬 It literally could mean anything!!! X

16 minutes ago, BellaF said:

If you mean year 5 from September then I'd guess quite a few! My DD is a current Y5 at Birmingham and there are only 2 year 4 children that I know of leaving a number of spaces for others to join 😊

That’s really promising thank you. 

5 minutes ago, Dancing.shoes said:

Just wondering how experienced most dancers auditioning are? Starting to think we’re ‘punching above our weight!’.  My daughter only started ballet lessons 6 months ago, aged 8 - Seems we may be dreaming slightly to think we stand a chance! 

I think everyone is different and RBS seem to look at potential more than current ability? My DD has been dancing since age 2.5 and takes several classes a week. But don't let this put you off, as it means nothing and I have no idea how she'll fare this year! I think they look at physique, flexibility, musicality, potential and who knows what else??!! Good luck to your daughter x

25 minutes ago, Dancing.shoes said:

Just wondering how experienced most dancers auditioning are? Starting to think we’re ‘punching above our weight!’.  My daughter only started ballet lessons 6 months ago, aged 8 - Seems we may be dreaming slightly to think we stand a chance! 

I think it they have what Royal Ballet are looking for, how long they’ve been dancing doesn’t really come into consideration. 
My dd is quite experienced she’s been dancing since she was 2 and is very committed but nobody knows what Royal Ballet want.. 

9 minutes ago, Isabella said:

Still no views for us...trying not to worry about it. Discounted by photos? 

I’m sure they’ll watch your videos. And they never discounted from photos when the auditions were in person.  Ours were only viewed yesterday. What age and centre? I think they’d work through them in groups and from eldest to youngest 😊

1 hour ago, BellaF said:

I think the JEP students would form a class of  new Year 5 on their own. It would be odd for them to be selected for that programme, train for a year and then say no to them. 

11 minutes ago, Isabella said:

I think the JEP students would form a class of  new Year 5 on their own. It would be odd for them to be selected for that programme, train for a year and then say no to them. 

I don't think it is quite as straight forward as that. You are right that JEP children have already been noted by RBS but they haven't had a years' worth of training (a lesson every other week at most since January, just like those selected for JAs) and in reality RBS will take those deemed most appropriate for the programme at this point in time.

43 minutes ago, Isabella said:

I also think there are only 3,4,5 engagement programme children per centre. Not a huge amount ! 

Edited by Lily Craggs

17 minutes ago, Babyballerinamum said:

I had no idea it was that small - we have 2 JEP in our ballet school (Y4 & Y5 London) so assumed it was quite a big cohort 😳

I can’t be certain but it was just my guess as the classes seem so mixed. When we divided the no of children , in two different classes, to how many centres. 

2 minutes ago, Isabella said:

My niece is a JEP and she said there’s around 14 people on zoom I just assumed they were from her centre alone not sure if they’re from the other centres too. 

There’s multiple centres per class. 

Someone somewhere (I don’t remember the exact conversation or why I was lead to think this) along the line told us there were around 80 JEP children presumably over Y4 and Y5. Divided by (I think) 10 centres that would be around 8 children per centre? Someone we know said their child is in a class with 12 children, and that class name has a ‘colour’ name so there are presumably several groups.

In a ‘normal’ year when they would have taken more children compared to last year, I think for sure some of the SWL children would definitely have got spaces. Given we’re not clearly out of social distancing yet, it’s hard to imagine they’ll suddenly expand to much bigger groups. So maybe number will be greater than last year, but still a touch restricted. Just a gut feeling. 

Edited by BalletBoysDad
Spelling

My daughter's JEP class has about 14 girls and they are from across the whole country - one girl is in Ireland - I'm pretty sure my daughter is the only one in her group from Eastleigh but I know there are other Eastleigh girls in the programme somewhere. Her teacher runs 3 JEP classes on a Saturday 

My daughter is a JEP. I think there are two zoom classes for year 4 students and two for year 5. Her zoom class has about 16 children in. So if I am correct,  that would be 30 students per year group across all centres. I think 🤔 

I don’t think being part of JEP is going to give them any right of passage on to JA. I think it will all go on what they show in the audition videos this time. 

I would presume as some of these children were chosen via video after a few minutes viewing for the JEP programme that they may have discovered that some aren’t right for their programme. 
Of course this may not be the case but I would like to think JEP children won’t get priority over none JEP children and they’re all given a fair chance. 

14 hours ago, DancingMatilda said:

My daughter's JEP class has about 14 girls and they are from across the whole country - one girl is in Ireland - I'm pretty sure my daughter is the only one in her group from Eastleigh but I know there are other Eastleigh girls in the programme somewhere. Her teacher runs 3 JEP classes on a Saturday 

My daughter is JEP, she would be Eastleigh too

On 22/05/2021 at 21:30, Isabella said:

Still no views for us...trying not to worry about it. Discounted by photos? 

They will watch all videos i would think as you wouldn't pay for an in person and your daughter stand on the sidelines. Also i dont think photos are a true representation of how a child dances. Good luck x