• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly my daughter got a not this time โ˜น๏ธ we were Yr 9 entry.

Feel quite sad as her video was viewed for less than 1.5 minutes so not sure how they can make a judgement on that? Perhaps our face didn't fit but slightly gutting considering the time and effort out in to preparing. Never mind, we'll try again next year.

Congratulations to all the YES results ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ enjoy the experience

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dancermom said:

Yeah RB, Itโ€™s strange how they would decide for MAs seeing some and not others. Itโ€™s hard to figure out how they would do it lol! Surely those that got finals would be their first pick for the MAs? Xย 

Do you think that those who only applied for MA's would be at a big disadvantage?ย 

4 minutes ago, Returnofthejedi said:

SNAP!! This has made me feel so much better ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

This will make my DD feel better knowing she's not on her own, I hate delivering the news and the tears that follow.once shes had a cry its done and she moves on. Hopefully next yearย ๐Ÿคžย x

6 minutes ago, jsbjsb25 said:

This will make my DD feel better knowing she's not on her own, I hate delivering the news and the tears that follow.once shes had a cry its done and she moves on. Hopefully next yearย ๐Ÿคžย x

My daughter was going for year 9 and got a no. I doubt there would have been much movement in this year especially as students would have paid for this year an d hardly attended. Good luck for all your beautiful children. They are brave resilient and I am sure wonderfully talented xxxxx

• Like 2

Congratulations to all the invites to finals! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

To the not yets, itโ€™s been such a strange year that DCs shouldnโ€™t be discouraged at all. Keep going. You will shine no matter what. โญ๏ธโœจโœจโœจ

ย 

Regarding the videos, Iโ€™m not sure if elmhurst were different or how theyโ€™ve managed to get what they need but our RBS audition video was only viewed for such a short time and only once right after submitting itย too - it seems most peopleโ€™s did. I think sadly itโ€™s got to be extra tough in the higher years this time round given thereโ€™s been no movement. Donโ€™t give up! Manyย of the very best dancers we see todayย didnโ€™t get a yes to vocational schools untilย much later on either. Keep dancing! โค๏ธโœจ

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, InOverOurHeads said:

Do you think that those who only applied for MA's would be at a big disadvantage?ย 

Iโ€™m not sure. I donโ€™t know how they decide but I know a few people were saying that they like the MAs to have applied to the school. In all honesty I think some people may tick the school just as a long shot but really just want MAs. Iโ€™m sure in the end itโ€™ll just come down to who fits best xย 

2 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Just out of curiosity, can I ask how many of the yeses for Elmhurst are young dancers already? Xxxย 

DS had a place for year 5 but then got JAs in London so could not do Elmhurst though he would have loved to and had started going for a couple of sessions in June of year 4.ย 

1 minute ago, Lara Eschler said:

DS had a place for year 5 but then got JAs in London so could not do Elmhurst though he would have loved to and had started going for a couple of sessions in June of year 4.ย 

Your lovely ds has done do well with all these offers and finals!!! Going to be a headache deciding on the best one as Iโ€™m sure he will get in to them all xxxย 

1 hour ago, jsbjsb25 said:

Reading these to my dd who got a No for year 8. Itโ€™s disappointing but must remind myself of all the other good things we have going on. Thanks for sharing x

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Melly R said:

Also, this is the third year in a row that she has applied & this is the first time that she will progress to the next stage.ย  So, if you are not successful first... keep going! x

Brilliant! Congratulations to your DD! So sorry for all the not yetโ€™s but as Mellyโ€™s story shows things can and do change and a not yet now is definitely not a no in the future x

• Like 1

Had a yes for Elmhurst finals for my DS too! Congratulations to everyone who has already posted good news and lots of love to those posting no's but wishing others well. This is a very supportive forum!ย ๐Ÿ˜Šย And interesting questionย @The red shoesย - my DS hasย been an Elmhurst YD for 3 years (though not at Birmingham).ย 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The red shoes said:

Your lovely ds has done do well with all these offers and finals!!! Going to be a headache deciding on the best one as Iโ€™m sure he will get in to them all xxxย 

Thank-you so much! you are very kind. We are very happy with the offers so far and glad he will get to experience a real final or two. I am also so relieved the home videos did not affect him negatively because I really really struggled with them. Any rejection that follows won't be based on those videos at least. I feel like I am off the hook.ย 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

Dance schools are not informed of the results. 100% ( I amย 

a dance school Principal) .ย 

Thank you! Could you offer any advice? My DD has been offered WL finals,Elmhurst finals & offered strong with funding...her school doesnโ€™t support vocational training or any associates, when is the best time to inform them ?! When we know results?!ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reggi said:

Thank you! Could you offer any advice? My DD has been offered WL finals,Elmhurst finals & offered strong with funding...her school doesnโ€™t support vocational training or any associates, when is the best time to inform them ?! When we know results?!ย 

See, I just donโ€™t understand why schools donโ€™t support this or wish to see their students spread their wings and progress.. it totally baffles me!!ย 
ย 

Firstly are you 100% going to take an offer if you receive one? If so then wait until she has received it and then let them know.

However I would prefer to know before auditions just do I can advise students/parents etc but understand if a dance school makes this tricky then there isnโ€™t much you can do. I feel for you, and hope your daughter is successful!! Such a shame she hasnโ€™t had the support through this horrendous process ๐Ÿ˜”

• Like 1