Sorry another question....so my DD dance school doesn’t support any associate programme...that aside i took the decision to audition my DD for JAs and young dancers who got on the Reserves for JAs and I’d a young dancer for Elmhurst! Her teacher has now changed the timetable meaning she would miss her associate class as clashes with a grade modern class! But she has her finals coming up an would look terrible if she missed her associate class! Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Reggi said:

Sorry another question....so my DD dance school doesn’t support any associate programme...that aside i took the decision to audition my DD for JAs and young dancers who got on the Reserves for JAs and I’d a young dancer for Elmhurst! Her teacher has now changed the timetable meaning she would miss her associate class as clashes with a grade modern class! But she has her finals coming up an would look terrible if she missed her associate class! Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

Aw I am so sad to hear about all these teachers and I am so sorry Reggi what an impossible situation....if it were me I would chose the associate class especially if considering vocational school there...I suppose you could say that you booked and paid for the associate classes before the class change?...difficult! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw I am so sad to hear about all these teachers and I am so sorry Reggi what an impossible situation....if it were me I would chose the associate class especially if considering vocational school there...I suppose you could say that you booked and paid for the associate classes before the class change?...difficult! 

I would choose the associates as well. What does your dd think?

8 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Just wondered if anyone has been sent dates for elmhursf finals yet? I emailed to accept a place in finals but had no confirmation...x 

I had an out of office email saying the registrar was (now) on leave until next week.  I wonder also if they're holding off to hear Boris's latest on opening schools in England..hopefully we'll hear soon! 

12 hours ago, Raquelle said:

Thank u! Yes it’s a tough one! As if she doesn’t get in I’m faced with the awkwardness of the dance teacher! There’s no easy way out of this!!!! I want the ground to swallow me up 😣

Has everyone now received the dates for Elmhurst finals? Those who have hammond finals on the 17th, have you just emailed and requested either of the other dates for your DC? That’s what I’ve done but hoping it doesn’t come across as cheeky!

2 minutes ago, Bunny said:

Has everyone now received the dates for Elmhurst finals? Those who have hammond finals on the 17th, have you just emailed and requested either of the other dates for your DC? That’s what I’ve done but hoping it doesn’t come across as cheeky!

I talked to registrar yesterday. They still do not know when exactly- March 16, 17, or 18

1 hour ago, Bunny said:

Yes I noticed the clash...I emailed elmhurst and asked if we could be considered for the 16th or 18th...potentially she could have finals 3 days in a row! 17th hammond 18th elmhurst 19th royal...just wish we knew precise dates so we can start booking hotels 

On 20/02/2021 at 09:21, Raquelle said:

Just wondered if anyone has been sent dates for elmhursf finals yet? I emailed to accept a place in finals but had no confirmation...x 

No not yet....do you know if WL actually take year 7 students that havnt been a JA xx

10 hours ago, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, they do. x

On 26/02/2021 at 10:42, Raquelle said:

Yes I noticed the clash...I emailed elmhurst and asked if we could be considered for the 16th or 18th...potentially she could have finals 3 days in a row! 17th hammond 18th elmhurst 19th royal...just wish we knew precise dates so we can start booking hotels 

We’ve had Royal & Tring final dates now :)) it’s good how Elmhurst have done in the week:)) x

32 minutes ago, Reggi said:

We’ve had Royal & Tring final dates now :)) it’s good how Elmhurst have done in the week:)) x

Yes definitely. I thought I'd sourced a test for rbs but realised I may be in Chester or Birmingham 48/24 hours before! Will have to wait for them to confirm x 

Just been listening to Ms Ward explaining how auditions are running with our kids back. All planned very well I have to say. Keeping everyone separate and using a different entrance I believe. Good luck! Dd cannot wait to arrive back next week!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sunrise81 said:

Just been listening to Ms Ward explaining how auditions are running with our kids back. All planned very well I have to say. Keeping everyone separate and using a different entrance I believe. Good luck! Dd cannot wait to arrive back next week!!!

Thank you! Does anyone know how many boys/girls made it to finals this year? From this forum seems like not many? X 

We also have 9am on 18th for my ds. I've just booked a Premier Inn Birmingham South Hall Green as it has parking. Looks like it is about 20 minutes away.

Restaurant is closed so I'm going to take some cereal, milk, fruit and croissants etc with us and have a continental breakfast in our room!

• Like 1