14 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

See, I just don’t understand why schools don’t support this or wish to see their students spread their wings and progress.. it totally baffles me!! 

Firstly are you 100% going to take an offer if you receive one? If so then wait until she has received it and then let them know.

However I would prefer to know before auditions just do I can advise students/parents etc but understand if a dance school makes this tricky then there isn’t much you can do. I feel for you, and hope your daughter is successful!! Such a shame she hasn’t had the support through this horrendous process 😔

It baffles me too!!!! I sit up most nights torn!!!! It’s all she wants to do!!! An has worked unbelievably hard through this horrendous time,it’s been her focus since March! 
it saddens me to see other schools posting about their kids success’s and that I can’t share with the world at how well she has done 😢😢😢

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Reggi said:

It baffles me too!!!! I sit up most nights torn!!!! It’s all she wants to do!!! An has worked unbelievably hard through this horrendous time,it’s been her focus since March! 
it saddens me to see other schools posting about their kids success’s and that I can’t share with the world at how well she has done 😢😢😢

Ooh and 110% we will be accepting any one of those places if she is luckily enough to get one 🙏🏻 Thank you for the advice 😔

1 minute ago, Dancing unicorn said:

Totally agree with The Red Shoes! Wait and see if she gets an offer of a school! If she does then it’s meant to be! I would support any of my students having a go! 😁 

Good luck 🍀

Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻We’re made up just to get this far 🙏🏻

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Reggi said:

Thank you 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻We’re made up just to get this far 🙏🏻

Aw that is so hard Reggi. You would think they would be proud to have a student of theirs make finals, lovely for their student to be following on their dreams plus it reflects well on them too. X 

30 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Aw that is so hard Reggi. You would think they would be proud to have a student of theirs make finals, lovely for their student to be following on their dreams plus it reflects well on them too. X 

I know I don’t understand it at all 😌 and you would think so wouldn’t you! X

1 hour ago, Reggi said:

It was the same at my girls dance academy. My DD was offered finals at WL last year but instead of joy she only got disbelief from the others.

7 minutes ago, Asta said:

It was the same at my girls dance academy. My DD was offered finals at WL last year but instead of joy she only got disbelief from the others.

My dd is still waiting for a congratulations from her teacher nearly two years after she got her ‘yes’ letter! We see her all the time but she’s never been able to bring herself to say well done and it’s never been publicly acknowledged within the dance school.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

My dd is still waiting for a congratulations from her teacher nearly two years after she got her ‘yes’ letter! We see her all the time but she’s never been able to bring herself to say well done and it’s never been publicly acknowledged within the dance school.   

😯😯😢

5 minutes ago, Farawaydancer said:

Unbelievable!  Dd’s dance school has a little “wall of fame” with everyone’s successes on. 

• Like 2

We had to change ballet school mid October because of the lack of support, then went into the November lockdown so we are grateful for the support from a couple of online teachers and the various associates classes. When ds started JA in year 5 and saw that other children had teachers come and watch their local pupils  at JAS he did feel sad not having that type of relationship.  Sometimes I feel like publicly posting the  destructive email response I got from this ex local ballet school about my ds ability when I initially asked to set up some private lessons  to help with the video auditions (but I won't). In a way zoom classes have opened possibility of getting far better training for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lara Eschler said:

We had to change ballet school mid October because of the lack of support, then went into the November lockdown so we are grateful for the support from a couple of online teachers and the various associates classes. When ds started JA in year 5 and saw that other children had teachers come and watch their local pupils  at JAS he did feel sad not having that type of relationship.  Sometimes I feel like publicly posting the  destructive email response I got from this ex local ballet school about my ds ability when I initially asked to set up some private lessons  to help with the video auditions (but I won't). In a way zoom classes have opened possibility of getting far better training for us. 

Aw this is so sad! He is clearly very talented. X 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The red shoes said:

All about well being I would imagine. Why do they want to go there? What they will gain from it? Will they miss home? Blah blah. Basically practise your answers so they don’t blurt out something totally embarrassing 🤣🤣🤣

Yes this is why I wanted to know a bit about it so we can prepare 🤣🤣

Well, you have all done so incredible well without local teacher support then. That’s very impressive! 

@Lara Eschler we’ll gladly be his cheerleaders at any opportunities to watch (if we are lucky enough to get any before the year is out). I really love seeing the other children do well. Your DS is doing wonderfully and should be very proud of himself.
It’s a lovely class but we’ve found this year particularly tough as there’s been hardly any chance to build friendships among the DCs (like there were in his JA class last year). DS is ALL about the social side of dance. 

• Like 2

My DD got a ‘no’ for Elmhurst. She is a YD and JA at the moment. She’s very happy though with WL finals, and MDS finals for Tring and Hammond. 4 would have been a nice achievement, but we are both very happy with lots to look forward to in March! Well done to everyone with a Yes ! And hope all the No’s are ok about it 💗

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BalletBoyMumma said:

Well, you have all done so incredible well without local teacher support then. That’s very impressive! 

@Lara Eschler we’ll gladly be his cheerleaders at any opportunities to watch (if we are lucky enough to get any before the year is out). I really love seeing the other children do well. Your DS is doing wonderfully and should be very proud of himself.
It’s a lovely class but we’ve found this year particularly tough as there’s been hardly any chance to build friendships among the DCs (like there were in his JA class last year). DS is ALL about the social side of dance. 

Thank-You so much! hopefully there will be more opportunities to socialize. They did not get the same experience this past 2 years, it is sad as their JA programme is nearly over. xx

14 minutes ago, Dancermom said:

Just a thought, when we filled the application in for rbs and had to tick for MAs too, there was no mention of what MA centre was the preference, do they just allocate from your address and the nearest to you if you’re successful? X 

Yes, I remember thinking that at the time but as I have a boy I think the only option is London anyway. 

Just now, Lara Eschler said:

Yes, I remember thinking that at the time but as I have a boy I think the only option is London anyway. 

For Elmhurst,  to apply to the extended young dancers or equivalent to mid associates, we would have to do a separate application , right? Or do they sometimes offer it to children who attended the year 7 audition? 

2 minutes ago, Lara Eschler said:

For Elmhurst,  to apply to the extended young dancers or equivalent to mid associates, we would have to do a separate application , right? Or do they sometimes offer it to children who attended the year 7 audition? 

I’m really not sure how the extended young dancers will work either! I don’t know whether there will be a separate application for it or whether they’ll choose from the school applications 🤷‍♀️ X x 

23 hours ago, Farawaydancer said:

Sadly I can totally relate to this.   My DD auditioned for Elmhurst year 7 in 2017.   She was offered a place and in fact was the first student from her dance school to gain a vocational place.    A brief congratulatory comment from the principal was all that was received and in fact one of the other teachers turned quite nasty towards my DD.   She continued her lessons until the July when I gave notice but I have to say it really did leave a bad taste and even now when my DD is home she doesn’t want to go back and visit.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dlovestodance said:

Sadly I can totally relate to this.   My DD auditioned for Elmhurst year 7 in 2017.   She was offered a place and in fact was the first student from her dance school to gain a vocational place.    A brief congratulatory comment from the principal was all that was received and in fact one of the other teachers turned quite nasty towards my DD.   She continued her lessons until the July when I gave notice but I have to say it really did leave a bad taste and even now when my DD is home she doesn’t want to go back and visit.  

Such a shame I can’t believe that they can actually treat children like this!! My son got offered a place on an associate scheme and when the results came through my son had just had a operation on his elbow so we went in to tell her at the next opportunity, other children got a well done all over Fb but my DS got was ‘really, I’ll have to phone them to make sure as I didn’t sign the forms!’  And not a well done at all and she said it in front of other parents and his class mates.  I’m glad to say my son has gone on from strength to strength at another school now  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

Such a shame I can’t believe that they can actually treat children like this!! My son got offered a place on an associate scheme and when the results came through my son had just had a operation on his elbow so we went in to tell her at the next opportunity, other children got a well done all over Fb but my DS got was ‘really, I’ll have to phone them to make sure as I didn’t sign the forms!’  And not a well done at all and she said it in front of other parents and his class mates.  I’m glad to say my son has gone on from strength to strength at another school now  

How awful!