23 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I wonder if all the boys are this time and they are splitting them into two groups. One in class and one in physio then swap? Two groups of 12 or 15?? Here I go again!! 🤣🤣

It seems like we all have the email saying  the actual ballet class is at 9:30 and then physio? Is the 18th the only boys day for year 7? Is it usually 30 boys at finals? I know last year boys already had white lodge results so  a couple of boys might have decided not to attend the final.

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, balletmum20 said:

Hi all I need help, how do you arrange and she evidence of a negative lateral flow test for under 16 year olds - I’m clueless on this? 
thanks for your help 

Hi @balletmum20! If you look back on the White Lodge video audition thread there is lots of discussion and suggestions about this. If you're in England and your DC is at secondary school you should be able to get hold of tests you can do at home then log results on official government app which generates an email from NHS. 

Does anyone know why the Royal Ballet school do interviews?! 
Not sure what they are looking for in the interview but my child was super nervous and didn’t over talk...she answered all the questions asked lovely but didn’t go over the top...

Are they likely to disqualify a child through this interview? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reggi said:

Does anyone know why the Royal Ballet school do interviews?! 
Not sure what they are looking for in the interview but my child was super nervous and didn’t over talk...she answered all the questions asked lovely but didn’t go over the top...

Are they likely to disqualify a child through this interview? 

I doubt it, Reggi - the interviewer we had said at the beginning that this doesn’t have any bearing on the outcome, they’d just like to find out a little about DS, his family and his likes/dislikes. I guess, in normal times, this would be a chance to make sure they hear from the child themselves that they do love to dance, what they like/dislike in terms of academics and hobbies, and maybe make sure it’s not the parents forcing it (it happens unfortunately). 
Most of the children will have been very nervous. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.  
Someone who auditioned last year told us that the DCs were asked to write a short story (again, told it had no bearing on the outcome but just wanting to get to know the child), so maybe it’s been easier on them this year with just a friendly interview. Fingers crossed. :) 

• Like 2

On 02/03/2021 at 04:26, Lara Eschler said:

OMG, this is amazing news. Thank you ever so much for sharing this. 

Just out of interest with these tests do we report them online and then get emailed the result also so we can pass that on to the schools as I have also ordered these kits 

1 minute ago, Reggi said:

Just out of interest with these tests do we report them online and then get emailed the result also so we can pass that on to the schools as I have also ordered these kits 

Yes, you self-report the test result, and can scan the barcode with your phone which brings up the test reference number. I got both an email and text confirming the result. 

Hi everyone. I've had an email from my hotel explaining that I will be asked to present evidence that we are allowed to travel according to government guidelines. I was thinking of just showing the audition email from elmhurst. Are we permitted to travel as this is for educational purposes? Just want to make sure I say the right thing x 

6 minutes ago, Raquelle said:

Hi everyone. I've had an email from my hotel explaining that I will be asked to present evidence that we are allowed to travel according to government guidelines. I was thinking of just showing the audition email from elmhurst. Are we permitted to travel as this is for educational purposes? Just want to make sure I say the right thing x 

Hi Raquelle, Yes, that's what we are showing the hotel as well. xx

2 hours ago, Raquelle said:

I have checked and it’s fine to use the letter from the school inviting your child to the final audition.  I am going to print mine just in case we get stopped by the police as well.  I have checked the government guidance and we are definitely aloud to travel for education x

Just now, Ballet Dreams said:

I have checked and it’s fine to use the letter from the school inviting your child to the final audition.  I am going to print mine just in case we get stopped by the police as well.  I have checked the government guidance and we are definitely aloud to travel for education x

I haven’t received anything from our hotel yet about providing proof. We are staying at the premier inn xx 

25 minutes ago, The red shoes said:

I haven’t received anything from our hotel yet about providing proof. We are staying at the premier inn xx 

We are staying at a Marriott for Elmhurst.  I know premier inn have a description on their website of who can stay and it does states you can stay for education.  My hotel for WL was cancelled yesterday as it is now closed so I have moved to a travel lodge and they said whilst booking to make sure you take evidence of the final audition invite as you could be asked for proof on arrival.