ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

I wish all of you who are able to attend these performances all the best for an enjoyable evening. As I can't get to ROH, not allowed to use public transport and have sight impairment so can't drive, I'm still hoping they'll live stream, or as live, one of each of these programmes.

Has anyone had any recent response to this request?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MargaretN7 said:

, I'm still hoping they'll live stream, or as live, one of each of these programmes.

Maybe they’re seeing how the tickets sell first.
I very much doubt that they’d sell Elite twice.

Can’t understand why no casting information is forthcoming officially. Piecing assumptions together from dancers’ Instagram feeds is not ideal.

I sympathise with Margaret N7. My mobility problems have worsened during lock down and I really need to be able to select a seat that I can get to as easily as possible. This, combined with the difficulty in getting a single seat, plus the thought of having to queue for various checks has made me decide to give attendance for the coming months a miss. I wonder if any consideration has been given to those on the Access list? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MargaretN7 said:

I wish all of you who are able to attend these performances all the best for an enjoyable evening. As I can't get to ROH, not allowed to use public transport and have sight impairment so can't drive, I'm still hoping they'll live stream, or as live, one of each of these programmes.

I did have a reply from a letter I wrote to Kevin

O'Hare in which he said he hopes he may be able to stream one of the programmes. However time is going on if they want to publicise this. Don't they start next week? I was keeping everything crossed for a stream of Vadim doing the Tchaikovsky pas de deux whose rehearsals features in the WBD programme as I won't be able to make it to the ROH. 

Just a comment BBB made ...I can’t remember the exact date but think it was around 23/24th September ....perhaps when rule of six came in but when you go to a pub or restaurant now everybody has to sign on track and trace ( or use the App) 

Initially back in July it was just one member from a group to sign in for the others but this changed about a month or so ago. 
Certainly down here in Sussex all the places we usually go make us both sign in now. 
Im still considering eventually getting to a theatre but I would have to choose where I sat even within the limited provision. 
I thought the way Sadlers Wells did it was fine so might consider something there eventually but not sure about ROH at mo. 
Would love to see the Nutcracker and was considering the Albert Hall but the trains are all up the creek then so that’s out this year. 
Roll on 2021 it can’t be any worse..can it 🤔

12 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

I was keeping everything crossed for a stream of Vadim doing the Tchaikovsky pas de deux whose rehearsals features in the WBD programme as I won't be able to make it to the ROH. 

You may still be able to see it if they stream the WTGH program. His IG is showing a whole lot of Corsair.  That might be what they are dancing next week.

Edited by oncnp

9 minutes ago, oncnp said:

You may still be able to see it if they stream the WTGH program. His IG is showing a whole lot of Corsair.  That might be what they are dancing next week.

Thanks oncnp. I would have thought if they were only streaming one programme it would be WTGH as Elite Syncopation was streamed for the last concert. 

I don't think I'm very good with Instagram as the latest postings on Vadims account I can see are stills of him in Giselle. There is one of him rehearsing corsaire abroad but its a month or two ago. Is there anything on it about him rehearsing corsaire at the ROH? If it's as good as the performance of it he gave at the Fonteyn gala last year it will be incredible. 

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Can’t understand why no casting information is forthcoming officially. Piecing assumptions together from dancers’ Instagram feeds is not ideal.

I wonder if it's a good idea for them to commit to casting in the current situation?  Say they had a couple of big names scheduled and one was compromised, or injured, for that matter.  That would take both of them out due to bubbling restrictions, I assume, and they might have to be replaced by a couple of very junior dancers.  You might get a lot of late returns which they wouldn't have time to re-sell, which could be a bit dire in the current situation.  Although if there are alternate casts it might be nice for the RB to indicate which night they were hopping to have cast A and cast B: given the keen fans they do have, I'm sure some people would want to see both casts if that option was available.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jmhopton said:

Thanks oncnp. I would have thought if they were only streaming one programme it would be WTGH as Elite Syncopation was streamed for the last concert. 

I don't think I'm very good with Instagram as the latest postings on Vadims account I can see are stills of him in Giselle. There is one of him rehearsing corsaire abroad but its a month or two ago. Is there anything on it about him rehearsing corsaire at the ROH? If it's as good as the performance of it he gave at the Fonteyn gala last year it will be incredible. 

It's been on his stories (click on the little circle around his picture).  The stories are only available for 24 hours. If there is no circle, then there is no story. Oh, and you have to formally "follow" someone to see their stories. 

Edited by oncnp

4 minutes ago, alison said:

You might get a lot of late returns which they wouldn't have time to re-sell, which could be a bit dire in the current situation.  

Have they changed the resale policy? Used to be you only got a refund for a return ticket if they re-sold it. 

Ah, I didn't know about stories. I'll have to try this. They don't make it clear for the uninitiated. I wondered how people got so much information off Instagram when it seemed just a place to post photos or videos. You've opened up a whole new world for me oncnp! Thanks very much for this. 

• Like 1

I have a single ticket for the 10th Nov (a Tuesday) and now cannot attend on that date. Not a fantastic seat (Upper Amphi, R77) but £10! And seeing as single tickets are like gold dust.... I’ve cross-posted in the Tickets for Sale section.

Please message me if interested.

1 hour ago, LinMM said:

Just a comment BBB made ...I can’t remember the exact date but think it was around 23/24th September ....perhaps when rule of six came in but when you go to a pub or restaurant now everybody has to sign on track and trace ( or use the App) 

Initially back in July it was just one member from a group to sign in for the others but this changed about a month or so ago. 
Certainly down here in Sussex all the places we usually go make us both sign in now. 
Im still considering eventually getting to a theatre but I would have to choose where I sat even within the limited provision. 
I thought the way Sadlers Wells did it was fine so might consider something there eventually but not sure about ROH at mo. 
Would love to see the Nutcracker and was considering the Albert Hall but the trains are all up the creek then so that’s out this year. 
Roll on 2021 it can’t be any worse..can it 🤔

I’m currrently sitting in a cabaret bar and it’s one person per table who needs to sign in.

This is in line with government guidance.

Is that one person signing the others names in then? 
Definitely down here now....mainly talking about Lewes ...they want each persons name and number or people who have the App can use the QR code thing. 
Also we were in Devon last week of September and it was the same there. 
I wonder if some restaurants and Pubs are worried they will be closed down if don’t play it absolutely by the book. 
Anyway a long way from ballet! 

Just received from the ROH (extracts from e-mail):

[..........................] I am contacting you as we are conducting some remote research towards our work to provide an improved user experience when purchasing a ticket via the ROH website.

The sessions will take place on [............................] and will last up to 60 minutes. Participants will join a remote research session via either a Zoom App or Microsoft Teams App using their own computer (desktop/laptop/ipad) at home.

[...............................................]

53 minutes ago, capybara said:

[..........................] I am contacting you as we are conducting some remote research towards our work to provide an improved user experience when purchasing a ticket via the ROH website.

The sessions will take place on [............................] and will last up to 60 minutes. Participants will join a remote research session via either a Zoom App or Microsoft Teams App using their own computer (desktop/laptop/ipad) at home.

Yes I've received one too. 

1 hour ago, capybara said:

That sounds exciting....can we buy tickets to this? 😄 I assume that, if they did, they would say my sofa is reserved for couples so I would only be able to sit at my dinner table or on the kitchen stool.

Can you make sure they are asked about the reason behind taking away the ability to select your own seat please?

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob S said:

That sounds exciting....can we buy tickets to this? 😄

Can you make sure they are asked about the reason behind taking away the ability to select your own seat please?

That’s one of the reasons I hope to be participating.

I’m half minded to start a separate thread for issues to be aired (again) but it’s by no means certain that I’ll be sent the link and I‘d hate not to be able to ‘deliver’.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, capybara said:

Not sure I really understand this research. They know how booking works normally, and they must know that any lesser service or fewer options are undesirable but have presumably been deemed to be required in the current circumstances. Obviously, people would like something as near as possible to normal. What else is there to say? (Genuine question.) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, capybara said:

Yes, I got it too.

Yes I got this as well and agree more choice in where you can sit even if under current restrictions of pairs and singles etc would be desirable. There are some areas of Amphi can’t sit at all these days! 

13 hours ago, capybara said:

I’m half minded to start a separate thread for issues to be aired (again) but it’s by no means certain that I’ll be sent the link and I‘d hate not to be able to ‘deliver’.

I'm wondering if it could be a joint effort, and then if one or more of us actually gets through we'd have a list of things to bring up?

57 minutes ago, LinMM said:

Yes I got this as well and agree more choice in where you can sit even if under current restrictions of pairs and singles etc would be desirable. There are some areas of Amphi can’t sit at all these days! 

Don’t forget to point out that the Theatre Royal in Bath (for example) has managed to adapt its seating plan booking method for its reopening programme of plays. Still able to choose your own seat just fewer seats to choose from. 

• Like 1

And while roaming the ROH site noticed some of the Nutcracker dates have prices listed from £63–£600. Probably a typo (or a family/bubble ticket?) but, if correct for a single seat, I'd better be able to take the Prince home with me. 

Edited by oncnp

6 minutes ago, oncnp said:

And while roaming the ROH site noticed some of the Nutcracker dates have prices listed from £63–£600. Probably a typo (or a family/bubble ticket?) but, if correct for a single seat, I'd better be able to take the Prince home with me. 

my guess it is the cost of a box (the £600) - but even so, that's £150 a seat. So, not a cut-price ticket for a cut-down performance...

2 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

my guess it is the cost of a box (the £600) - but even so, that's £150 a seat. So, not a cut-price ticket for a cut-down performance...

Sor-ry - looking at it again it's a typo. Most of the dates are double listed, one with no prices and the other with the £63–£600.  I should know better than to believe the ROH website by now. 🤦‍♀️