ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

It looks like tickets are now on sale for WTGH stream. Available to watch or share for £10 (or 10 of your local currency + tax)

The Royal Ballet Live: Within the Golden Hour

Scheduled for Friday, November 13, 2020 7.30pm GMT

Following the live stream, a film of the performance will be available to watch On Demand until 13 December 2020. The recording will take some time to process before it is available, and you may need to skip past the 30-minute countdown timer.  (They're learning)

https://stream.roh.org.uk/packages/the-royal-ballet-live-within-the-golden-hour/videos/the-royal-ballet-live-within-the-golden-hour?_ga=2.195866154.766904556.1603265398-39997870.1603265398

Edited by oncnp

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem.  I have so many clients setting deadlines at times other than GMT that I'm getting used to spotting the differences.

(Incidentally, I noticed the other day for the first time that the Calendar feature has an option to set the time zone immediately below the event start date.  That might sort out any problems with time zones showing up oddly, although it may just be that the Calendar adapts automatically to the viewer's time zone wherever it's being read.  I must look into this further).

Just now, alison said:

(Incidentally, I noticed the other day for the first time that the Calendar feature has an option to set the time zone immediately below the event start date.  That might sort out any problems with time zones showing up oddly, although it may just be that the Calendar adapts automatically to the viewer's time zone wherever it's being read).

I always reset the time on the calendar to GMT when attempting to enter an event and doesn't seem to make a difference.  

This seems to be the announcement. Some real delights in there and so pleased for Zuchetti that his Scherzo will be shown.

Following The Royal Ballet: Back on Stage and welcoming an audience back into the building with The Royal Ballet: Live, The Royal Ballet presents a special live-streamed performance this Friday, 13 November at 7.30pm GMT. This programme completes the celebration of the Company’s return to the stage following its long absence during the pandemic.
The programme includes the world premiere of Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti, his first work for the main stage and seen in rehearsal during World Ballet Day. Celebrated pas de deux from the repertory will include Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrales, Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell, Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli and Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds, Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson plus George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, with Royal Opera House debuts by Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan, and Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov. The programme also includes Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine plus the serenity of Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell and Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds. The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.
ROH Friday Premieres continue throughout the month. Priced at £3.00, each will be available for 30 days streaming via stream.roh.org.uk. Our next ROH Friday premiere will be Frederick Ashton’s Enigma Variations, to be streamed on Friday 4 December at 7pm GMT. This streaming from the 2019 revival features performances from Royal Ballet Principals Laura Morera, Francesca Hayward and Matthew Ball alongside Principal Character Artist Christopher Saunders as Edward Elgar.
Edited by capybara
  • Like 10

10 minutes ago, capybara said:
Following The Royal Ballet: Back on Stage and welcoming an audience back into the building with The Royal Ballet: Live, The Royal Ballet presents a special live-streamed performance this Friday, 13 November at 7.30pm GMT. This programme completes the celebration of the Company’s return to the stage following its long absence during the pandemic.

Sorry - just a little easier to read.....

- Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti,

Celebrated pas de deux
- Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrale
- Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell,
- Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli 
- Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds
- Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson
- George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan
- Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov.

- Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine 
- Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell
- Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds.

The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.

Edited by oncnp

1 minute ago, oncnp said:

Sorry - just a little easier to read.....

- Scherzo, a new work featuring the young members of the Company choreographed by First Soloist Valentino Zucchetti,

Celebrated pas de deux
- Swan Lake with Francesca Hayward and Cesar Corrale
- Frederick Ashton’s Rhapsody with Akane Takada and Alexander Campbell,
- Kenneth MacMillan’s Manon with Laura Morera and Federico Bonelli C
- Concerto with Yasmine Naghdi and Nicol Edmonds
- Cathy Marston’s In Our Wishes with Romany Pajdak and Calvin Richardson
- George Balanchine’s Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux, Marcelino Sambé and Anna Rose O’Sullivan
- Le Corsaire with Marianela Nuñez and Vadim Muntagirov.
-  Natalia Osipova in the haunting Dying Swan solo by Mikhail Fokine 
- Ashton’s Dance of the Blessed Spirits with William Bracewell
- Monotones II with Melissa Hamilton, Reece Clarke and Nicol Edmonds.

The evening closes with a full performance of Christopher Wheeldon’s ballet of shimmering beauty Within the Golden Hour featuring Sarah Lamb, Ryoichi Hirano, Fumi Kaneko, Reece Clarke, Anna Rose O’Sullivan and James Hay with artists of The Royal Ballet.

That's fine. Thanks. I only had time to copy and paste!!!!!

A little disappointed not to see the Hayward/Bracewell combination in Swan Lake after what people said about them, but then I hadn't expected Bracewell to be doing Dance of the Blessed Spirits either!

So, what for the company after that?  Will they just rehearse Nutcracker ad nauseam in the hope that the scheduled performances of that can go ahead?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alison said:

A little disappointed not to see the Hayward/Bracewell combination in Swan Lake after what people said about them, but then I hadn't expected Bracewell to be doing Dance of the Blessed Spirits either!

So, what for the company after that?  Will they just rehearse Nutcracker ad nauseam in the hope that the scheduled performances of that can go ahead?

Very good question! I suppose do they take a punt and open booking for early December in the hope that they can re-open?

27 minutes ago, MJW said:

Very good question! I suppose do they take a punt and open booking for early December in the hope that they can re-open?

That's what I'm hoping for, wait until we hear that this lockdown will end on the date we thought and then open up bookings very quickly. I wonder how much the admin involved with refunding costs the ROH. 

4 minutes ago, JohnS said:

What a fabulous treat in store for Friday evening.

But I don’t see if it’s available for the next 30 days as has happened with other performances - am I missing something?

Yes it is available afterwards John:

Following the live stream, a film of the performance will be available to watch On Demand until 13 December 2020. The recording will take some time to process before it is available, and you may need to skip past the 30-minute countdown timer.

• Like 1

What an amazing line-up !  Looking forward very much to Scherzo which looked really good on World Ballet Day, plus some exciting  cast changes for some of the pieces we have seen recently. And so pleased to be able to see Akane and Alex in Rhapsody again !

..... all for £10!

Edited by Richard LH
Addition
  • Like 3

What a magnificent programme.  Such a glorious celebration.  The cherry on top of this illustrious fare for me will most definitely be Sambe/O'Sullivan in the Tschai PDD.  They were blistering in it in NYC and the capacity audiences there present took them immediately to their hearts.  The echo of those cheers will definitely be in my ears when I watch them on Friday.  

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Bruce Wall said:

The cherry on top of this illustrious fare for me will most definitely be Sambe/O'Sullivan in the Tschai PDD.  They were blistering in it in NYC and the capacity audiences there present took them immediately to their hearts.  The echo of those cheers will definitely be in my ears when I watch them on Friday.  

Sambe and O'Sullivan in the Tchaikovsky Pdd will definitely be my highlight in the next online performance on November 13th!  After their fabulous appearance in 'Fille' in the 'Back on Stage' programme, I can't wait!

Edited by Fiona
Unfinished
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fiona said:

Sambe and O'Sullivan in the Tchaikovsky Pdd will definitely be my highlight in the next online performance on November 13th!  After their fabulous appearance in 'Fille' in the 'Back on Stage' programme, I can't wait!

Me too! 

3 hours ago, Richard LH said:

Looking forward very much to Scherzo which looked really good on World Ballet Day, plus some exciting  cast changes for some of the pieces we have seen recently.

Me too. Although I was assuming they would mix it up more in the selection of pas de deux.
For Swan Lake, any chance we'd get to see Frankie as Odile instead of Odette? /wishful thinking

We are delighted that as a Friend, we are able to exclusively share live access to The Royal Ballet: Class on Stage with you. This Friday you will be able to join us on YouTube to watch company members complete their daily ballet class live from Covent Garden as they prepare for that evening's live stream of The Royal Ballet: Live - Within the Golden Hour.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

We are delighted that as a Friend, we are able to exclusively share live access to The Royal Ballet: Class on Stage with you. This Friday you will be able to join us on YouTube to watch company members complete their daily ballet class live from Covent Garden as they prepare for that evening's live stream of The Royal Ballet: Live - Within the Golden Hour.

Was glad to receive this earlier although I don't think I will be able to watch it live. Nice to see they are finding ways to add value for Friends.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Was glad to receive this earlier although I don't think I will be able to watch it live. Nice to see they are finding ways to add value for Friends.

Absolutely - an excellent idea (also that it will be available to watch afterwards)

31 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Yes, it is a nice gesture.

Edited by Richard LH
Duplication of an observation!

23 minutes ago, MJW said:

Absolutely - an excellent idea (also that it will be available to watch afterwards)

Hope they include the American Friends this time 🤞

9 minutes ago, MJW said:

I would certainly hope so! 

They haven't in the past and no e-mail so far.  I guess they think we don't care. 

Nutcracker info

https://www.roh.org.uk/tickets-and-events/the-nutcracker-by-peter-wright-details

Booking: (EST I think so add 5 hours for GMT....sorry!)

General: 1 December 2020, 5am
Young ROH: 1 December 2020, 5am
Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Young Friends: 26 November 2020, 5am
Friends+: 25 November 2020, 9am
Supporting Friends: 25 November 2020, 5am
Premium 1 Friends: 24 November 2020, 9am
Premium 2 Friends: 24 November 2020, 5am

and

Leading up to this festive treat, The Royal Ballet invites audiences to watch the dancers in a special filmed Insight of The Nutcracker in Rehearsal via the Royal Opera House YouTube channel on Tuesday 1 December at 7pm GMT. This streamed event is part of the Royal Opera House digital Insights programme.

Edited by oncnp