ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

7 hours ago, JohnS said:

Just saw this.
Must be very difficult deciding what preparations to make for possible December performances when there may be very little notice of any extension to lockdown - my sympathies with those having to take the decision and all those affected.

I’ve suddenly been overtaken with that ‘Cinderella’ feeling 🩰

• Like 1

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, li tai po said:

My understanding is that the dancers will continue attending the Royal Opera House during the lockdown period and will be able to perform both programmes in an empty house.  The intention is to record both programmes for subsequent streaming.

What is your source for this Li tai po?

Apologies if this has already been posted, but just had this via email

Due to the new COVID-19 government restrictions, the Royal Opera House will be closed to live audiences from Thursday 5 November. We will therefore unfortunately be pausing all forthcoming on sales for Friends. Wednesday’s performance of The Royal Ballet: Live – Elite Syncopations will go ahead.

We are now awaiting further government guidance for the arts, and are assessing what is possible safely in terms of performances and rehearsals. We will be in touch with all ticket buyers with further information and digital performance options as soon as we possibly can. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Just popped on the ROH website for a totally different reason and they seem to be offering some free tickets for Wednesday night? I can't take advantage myself, but in case someone else can...

...which aren't actually there if you click through...I've checked a couple times and get the 'no tickets available'....

4 minutes ago, DanJL said:

Ah I see, thought it was a bit odd! Sorry for the false alarm!

Not a false alarm at all. That's what the page says - book free tickets. I think its another website glitch. They seem to be having them a lot lately.  

Edited by oncnp

Dancers are putting up programming news for Wednesday which seems to indicate some sort of amalgamation of the two shows.

(See Instagram stories from Mayara Magri and Claire Calvert, for example.)

If that is the case, and the show ends up being longer, ticket holders need to know.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, capybara said:

Dancers are putting up programming news for Wednesday which seems to indicate some sort of amalgamation of the two shows.

(See Instagram stories from Mayara Magri and Claire Calvert, for example.)

If that is the case, and the show ends up being longer, ticket holders need to know.

It will be longer....update on website ...wonder how they are going to socially distance the interval?

The performance will last approximately 2 hours 25 minutes including one 20-minute interval.

Edited by oncnp

Yes, that might be a bit of a nightmare - but then they did have intervals in the "back on stage" programme, although I imagine the audience numbers were smaller.

So - perhaps they're adding the full Within the Golden Hour to the performance, plus all the other bits?  Or do we get a Nunez/Muntagirov Tchai pas in the first half and O'Sullivan/Sambé in the second half?  Or ...

5 minutes ago, oncnp said:

It will be longer....update on website ...wonder how they are going to socially distance the interval?

The performance will last approximately 2 hours 25 minutes including one 20-minute interval.

There goes my dinner booking.. but apart from that, delighted!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oncnp said:

As suspected but good to have confirmation.....

So, technically dancers won't have to go back to doing class in their kitchens, I guess?  Not sure that all the companies will want to take the risk of having performers etc. travel in, though.

7 minutes ago, alison said:

So, technically dancers won't have to go back to doing class in their kitchens, I guess?  Not sure that all the companies will want to take the risk of having performers etc. travel in, though.

If everyone else has to stay home it might actually be safer. 

And if companies have any hope of saving their Christmas seasons, & even the small amount of revenue they will bring, they can't  afford to lose the conditioning and rehearsal that you can't do from home.  

Edited by oncnp

I wonder if they intend to film tomorrow evening for future streaming? In which case, it would make sense to have different leads for Elite Syncopations than were in the Back on stage show. I know from experience that Sarah Lamb is wonderful in this role.

1 hour ago, Blossom said:

The casting, which I assume is for Elite Syncopations, also seems to have changed. Wonder when this will be communicated to ticket holders and when we will know more about who is performing.

image.png.c79c80f31b2f93478c856fc9d1066113.png

Yes that was the cast for the original Fri/Sat Elite.

Marianela Nunez has just posted on IG indicating her Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux is still on the program at least. 

'Can't believe they haven't informed ticket holders about the program timing change

Edited by oncnp

Well done Royal Ballet for making the most of the one opportunity to perform in November. Must be lots of last minute decisions and as always I’m sure everything will be fabulous on the night. Looking forward to reading posts and I still hope there may be some filming for a future relay.

• Like 8

Free(ish) to a good home.... for a donation of what you can afford to the ROH. PM me if interested. 

Royal Ballet: Live — Elite
Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7pm | Main Stage

• LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GA, J-4 | £65.00 - Full Price
  • LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GA, J-3 | £65.00 - Full Price
Edited by oncnp

9 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Who cares about the casting?  It's the first opportunity to see the Royal Ballet performing live since the middle of March and the last for at least a month.  I'll be there with a great big smile on my face, no matter who is performing!

I agree and I will be smiling too. But I think everyone is just curious to know of what the programme is going to consist and who will be dancing.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Well done Royal Ballet for making the most of the one opportunity to perform in November. Must be lots of last minute decisions and as always I’m sure everything will be fabulous on the night. Looking forward to reading posts and I still hope there may be some filming for a future relay.

Re: filming - Gary Avis on IG "sadly not this one 😔"

1 hour ago, DanJL said:

... would make sense to have different leads for Elite Syncopations than were in the Back on stage show. I know from experience that Sarah Lamb is wonderful in this role.

Indeed she is...and Sarah Lamb was filmed in Elite Syncopations for the commercial DVD a few years ago.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Free(ish) to a good home.... for a donation of what you can afford to the ROH. PM me if interested. 

Royal Ballet: Live — Elite
Wednesday 4 November 2020, 7pm | Main Stage

• LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GA, J-4 | £65.00 - Full Price
  • LEVEL G Orchestra Stalls GA, J-3 | £65.00 - Full Price

Claimed.

27 minutes ago, oncnp said:

Re: filming - Gary Avis on IG "sadly not this one 😔"

Oh well - will look forward to lots of posts ...

48 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

I'll be there with a great big smile on my face, no matter who is performing!

And hopefully curtain call photos?

• Like 2