ROYAL OPERA HOUSE LIVE PERFORMANCES AUTUMN 2020

Guest oncnp

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oncnp said:

And while roaming the ROH site noticed some of the Nutcracker dates have prices listed from £63–£600. Probably a typo (or a family/bubble ticket?) but, if correct for a single seat, I'd better be able to take the Prince home with me. 

if the prince was Vadim I'd pay the £600 to take him home with me!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

Are there 2 completely different programmes, or is the the same excerpts with either Elite or Golden Hour?

It is possible to deduce from social media that there are two different programmes, although where Scherzo sits remains a mystery.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bangorballetboy said:

Booking for Nuts has been pushed back a bit "to allow for family bookings and greater flexibility for ticket buyers in a socially-distanced auditorium".

And, hopefully, some casting information which includes Clara and Hans Peter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J_New said:

Thanks, BBB - I had that email too, but when I tried to get extra tickets it still said 'you've reached your ticket limit'. So maybe it's taking time to get that onto the website.

Yes, I was doing a dummy run an hour or two ago and got told once I'd got two tickets in my basket that that was my lot :(

2 hours ago, bangorballetboy said:

Just to mention that the ticket limits on the Elite and WTGH programmes has now been lifted.

Booking for Nuts has been pushed back a bit "to allow for family bookings and greater flexibility for ticket buyers in a socially-distanced auditorium".

I just noticed that all the dates for Nutcracker had changed, you have to be careful to note that actual time of day too, e.g. ordinary Friends is 4pm 10th November, sounds fun.

40 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I just noticed that all the dates for Nutcracker had changed, you have to be careful to note that actual time of day too, e.g. ordinary Friends is 4pm 10th November, sounds fun.

This is going to go well.....

View priority booking dates
General: 11 November 2020, 5am
Young ROH: 11 November 2020, 5am
Friends: 10 November 2020, 11am
Young Friends: 10 November 2020, 11am
Friends+: 10 November 2020, 9am
Supporting Friends: 10 November 2020, 5am
Premium 1 Friends: 9 November 2020, 11am
Premium 2 Friends: 9 November 2020, 9am
Edited by oncnp

23 minutes ago, oncnp said:

and just noticed website does not match time on my most recent e-mail from box office......

25 minutes ago, oncnp said:

As Beryl H says above, for Friends it's actually 4pm on 10th Nov according to an email I received, so this list is presumably wrong in at least that respect...

Edited by bridiem

4 minutes ago, bridiem said:

As Beryl H says above, for Friends it's actually 4pm on 10th Nov according to an email I received, so this list is presumably wrong in at least that respect...

They've given themselves an extra week (originally 3 November at 10am for me) so hopefully they'll get it sorted out. Some consistent information would be helpful though. Casting would be even better but not holding my breath.

3 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sounds like they've used US Eastern time by accident.

That would explain the 5 hours as our clocks go back this weekend ⏲️

Does no one proof read these pages before they are put up on the website?

Edited by oncnp

The ever dependable Graham Boland, ROH Customer Services Manager (lovely person, always replies promptly) has said the e-mail time is correct. He is seeing the website time as correct as well but I'm not. 

17 minutes ago, Lizbie1 said:

Sounds like they've used US Eastern time by accident.

I think it's likely that the reason for the November 10 4pm start of Friends' Nutcracker booking  is that public booking for the opera in concert performances also opens November 10, but at 10am.  It looks as if they're being sensible and are separating the public opera booking from the Friends' ballet booking.

Edited to add that I quoted the wrong post above.  I'd meant to quote the post that indicated that the 4pm start of Friends' booking was incorrect.

Edited by Bluebird
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, zxDaveM said:

I don't know about anyone else, but all this chatter about booking etc, is making me ridiculously excited!!

And I’m not even trying to book - do hope people get the tickets they want and still hoping there might be some live streaming or recording for later transmission.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Richard LH said:

Are you able to share any details you have been able to glean of programmes and casts, capybara?

If the story that just broke in The Times and has been picked up by Reuters (and the reported PM's press conference supposedly to take place on Monday) is true, I fear the matter may - just may - be academic.   (Indeed, such spectres may well have been one reason casting and other details were not announced in advance.)  Let's hope for all the rightful excitement expressed here that it is not the case.  Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 1

Just now, Bruce Wall said:

If the story that just broke in The Times and has been picked up by Reuters (and the PM's press conference on Monday) is true, I fear the matter just may be academic.   Let's hope for all the rightful excitement expressed here that it is not.  

Yes, just listening to the review of the papers which have different versions of lockdown type restrictions, but all with dire implications.

What must dancers be thinking? It could be heartbreaking!

• Like 1

Just got my newspaper through the letterbox announcing a new national lockdown - I won't put what I feel in words as it might offend!

I will be so disappointed for everyone - particularly the dancers and other staff at the Royal Ballet and elsewhere. 

I suppose we shall just have to see what restrictions are imposed and hope for the best. 

Edited by MJW
spelling

My heart goes out to all of you in the UK. I’m afraid that we’re headed in the same direction here, certainly in the Wash, DC, area...added to COVID, the fears of demonstrations for many reasons (economy, elections, BLM) have prompted all downtown DC merchants to board-up buildings. It all ties together.

6 hours ago, Jan McNulty said:

I think we must plan for the worst.  As a Northerner living under T3 I'm afraid I think this is what the country as a whole needs.

Some places have still only got 20 cases per 100000 though. I think we need to take a very close look at why measures haven’t worked in some places and tackle the causes. I think it’s going to be very difficult to get sufficient support countrywide for a lockdown to make it work. 

• Like 2