Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

16 minutes ago, Balletdream said:

Hi just seen this thread and 3 years ago we was in same situation , reserve list for year 9 . Three weeks before term started we got a call offering my dd MDS , hang in there guys it does happen and if it doesn’t remember it’s not a no just just a not yet . Keep following your dreams x 

Thanks @Balletdream

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have patience folks.  

I know the wait is really, really difficult, but remember the school may be operating with limited staff at the moment.

At the best of times it can take a while to sort out the admin - right now it could take longer.

Take heart from @tutugirl's post - there will be good news to come for some.  

Wishing you all the best in your waiting

• Like 3

16 hours ago, glowlight said:

Have patience folks.  

I know the wait is really, really difficult, but remember the school may be operating with limited staff at the moment.

At the best of times it can take a while to sort out the admin - right now it could take longer.

Take heart from @tutugirl's post - there will be good news to come for some.  

Wishing you all the best in your waiting

Thanks @glowlight

6 hours ago, Milzmam said:

Wonder if we see any movement this week or whether everyone has accepted their MDS. Hope everyone is staying safe xx 

Not heard a sausage this end. The 17th is on Friday - but then it's the weekend and I am wondering if we really won't hear until next week. Have you messaged them at all?

I think we will hear more next week but I doubt there will be much movement MDS wise as they seem to have been giving them out as they've been returned, I'm thinking most will have made their minds up by now knowing that other people are waiting on reserve lists 🤔 still crossing everything for everyone xxx

36 minutes ago, Dancemum1 said:

I think we will hear more next week but I doubt there will be much movement MDS wise as they seem to have been giving them out as they've been returned, I'm thinking most will have made their minds up by now knowing that other people are waiting on reserve lists 🤔 still crossing everything for everyone xxx

It’s not quite as simple as that because each school has a waiting list. So although the initial offers have been made and accepted/rejected, this then triggers another round of offers and handing back of places accepted elsewhere. It really isn’t usually clear until the end of April. 

I do hope some information is given tomorrow , as to the waiting list situation .

Children with multiple offers won’t know what to do otherwise .

Even if they only disclose ‘ near the top ‘ or  ‘ pretty low down ‘ it would help with decision making 

@tutugirl - in my last communication with Hammond (at the end of last week) they said all details will be sent out after the deadline of 17th April - I.e don’t expect to hear anything until after 20/04/20! They are officially back working then! Be patient there will be some movement! Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hope this helps? 🙏

I remember this only too well from

last year. The waiting was the worst bit! I really feel for you all and really hope you get some answers soon.

School returns on Monday After the Easter holidays so hopefully they’ll start to contact people. As hard as it is don’t be too despondent if they don’t as they’re also trying to move everything over to distance learning and support the current pupils in doing this.

My DS wasn’t lucky enough to be awarded an MDS last year but there are other options. Please DM me if you want to chat. Stay safe x

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dancemum1 said:

Anyone had anything through today? Was expecting to have had some sort of forms or communication at least.

I was as well, thought we were initially told all paperwork would be through on 20th.... 

I know had inset yeStepdad & first day of term today, so maybe later. 

Hi everyone. School has gone back today with everything online- I don’t think there is anyone at school to answer any calls- but you would definitely get hold of someone in the finance team if you e mail. So sorry that you are all waiting, it’s obviously made this situation so much harder with the way things are. Wishing you all so much luck x this was us, this time last year, so I do get it x

Hello Hammond Hopefuls! Meet you back here tomorrow! March and April 2020 are officially proving to be the longest months ever! It’s my son’s birthday early next week. Would be lovely to have some positive news. But, even if we have no mds funding, it’s been positive to get this far. Health and happiness and best of luck to everyone. 

15 hours ago, SpinningBoy said:

Hello Hammond Hopefuls! Meet you back here tomorrow! March and April 2020 are officially proving to be the longest months ever! It’s my son’s birthday early next week. Would be lovely to have some positive news. But, even if we have no mds funding, it’s been positive to get this far. Health and happiness and best of luck to everyone. 

Thanks @SpinningBoyand fingers crossed for some good news xx