Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering in previous years how long after MDS audition people have heard results. Noticed on Hammond website that school closes for Easter break 2 days after the MDS recall so wondering if you find out really quickly or have to wait 3 weeks? 

Hello, we went through this last year, so I completely understand how you are all feeling and wish you all so much luck. It’s a very emotional process. MDS recall letter was pretty quick to be fair, a couple of days after the audition. But there have been a lot of changes in staff and process since our audition last year. However, the office staff do work when the kids are not in. Hope that helps abs good luck everyone xx

• Like 1

afternoon has anybody got any tips for the MDS call backs please 1st timer for call backs, how is it delivered etc just want to prep my DS as he likes do know what to expect as our email just states the pickup time, I think I may be missing part of the email 🙃

15 minutes ago, WrapsnBows said:

afternoon has anybody got any tips for the MDS call backs please 1st timer for call backs, how is it delivered etc just want to prep my DS as he likes do know what to expect as our email just states the pickup time, I think I may be missing part of the email 🙃

I think I posted last years funding finals schedule on the first page of this thread? It was simpler than the initial audition I seem to remember and i think it included a musical theatre workshop. They really just want to see them as they really are, and for whether they will have a go - my dd could compete for the title of worlds worst singer but still got an MDS. Have fun. 

On 08/02/2020 at 16:21, Flower said:

Yes same, twenty (but 2 no shows) last Monday. Someone on fb said they auditioned 140 the week before. 

my DD is already at the Hammond and she said they have only had about 20 per audition for lower school and BA.s were about 40 + but cut them after lunch my son went last week and again only about 20 in all 4 lads and rest girls. would love to know if anybody has gained a place without a recall?

Edited by WrapsnBows

58 minutes ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

When Dd1 was going to go you could decline attending recall if you could pay/happy to take bursary. All staff seemed to have changed so could be different policies now

Yes staff have changed had a big shake up last year when old principle left all the same teachers though just different titles lol loads of new admin / Support staff though 

Yes if you want to pay the fees you can take a place straight away by paying the deposit. Otherwise you have to pay the non-refundable registration fee to go to the funding audition. 

Edited by Flower