Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

30 minutes ago, Peanut68 said:

Well not before time & imho long overdue! Could well be a factor though in there perhaps being less bursary support available? Money can only be spent once....I think investment in boarding however absolutely the right priority & hope all enjoy the improvements! 

Out if interest....are these in addition or instead of Hampton Lodge/Clovelly/Betty Hassell Houses?

Apologies - am being a nosey ex parent! 

It’s instead of them. The principal’s letter said that the old boarding houses will no longer be used.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It struck me at the time that the latest (ugly & odd) extension to Hampton was throwing good money away....

I rather hope some super rich person buys it & reinstates it as a grand residence....but there would be much of the horrid additions to remove....& dare say high demand for rooms in Chester....

Probs will become bedsits? 

Am sure one day Hammond will get permission/enough land Ownership to actually build purpose built boarding on the Hoole Bank site....

Though must add, our kids did have ‘best of both worlds’ living where they could walk into city centre at weekends & the ‘bus to school’ gives an element of normality & differentiation between ‘home’/school....

I just really struggled with the grottiness  of Hampton - especially the rear entrance/hallway/kitchen. 
But, think it’s provided many with lots of stories to entertain their grandkids in years ahead!! 

My dd has said it has been discussed in school previously that they hope to build purpose built accommodation on site with top of the range facilities. She was in Hampton  this year and much preferred it over Betty Hassal, clothes always came home smelling of damp. Shes looking forward to the new uni accommodation and hoping she gets a single room 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Milzmam said:

No unfortunately. We had enough funding raised for first year but for a number of reasons, including the current uncertainty with covid, decided to wait until upper school xx

Good call probably. My dd hates zoom dance. Just couldn’t get on with it so I wouldn’t want to pay in full and then have it all go online. We just revert to Plan B then Milzmam and go with the lottery win. 

24 minutes ago, Flower said:

Good call probably. My dd hates zoom dance. Just couldn’t get on with it so I wouldn’t want to pay in full and then have it all go online. We just revert to Plan B then Milzmam and go with the lottery win. 

A lottery win would be good, haha as now need to save for next 2 years as don't want to go through all this again for upper school xx