Hammond Lower School Auditions for 2020

Izzy_Ballet

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, SpinningBoy said:

No fee remission for year 9 start for us. Thank you everyone for your support on this forum. May try again next year, may not. We’ll take our lead from Spinning Boy. He’ll find his way.
Best of luck to everyone else.
Take care x

so sorry 

No fee remission for us unfortunately so unless I have a lottery win looks like no year 10 start at Hammond for my dd. One very upset young lady as last opportunity until upper school 😥

Good luck to anyone still waiting and thank you to all on this forum for your support throughout this process xx

23 minutes ago, Milzmam said:

No fee remission for us unfortunately so unless I have a lottery win looks like no year 10 start at Hammond for my dd. One very upset young lady as last opportunity until upper school 😥

Good luck to anyone still waiting and thank you to all on this forum for your support throughout this process xx

So sorry - was really hoping for better news for you.  Especially as you have waited so long. This is not the end - keep on keeping on. Good luck with the journey.  x

7 minutes ago, Mummy twinkle toes said:

So sorry to hear Milzmam. We are still waiting. We have been here before with Dd1 but she has had lots of other opportunities since. Lots of roads to Rome. Good luck with the future 

Lol just laughing at the lots of roads lees to Rome!  We were supposed to be going to the DWC in 3 weeks in Rome and that got cancelled,  we unfortunately got a no as well but we are still part of the associates so all isn’t lost

50 minutes ago, SpinningBoy said:

So sorry - was really hoping for better news for you.  Especially as you have waited so long. This is not the end - keep on keeping on. Good luck with the journey.  x

Thank you. Good luck to your ds too in whatever the future holds xx

I’m so sorry to hear of the not this time disappointments....heartfelt hugs to DC’s &  parents...especially as this year all seems to have been a much longer time to receicevdecisions from schools & so much stress with not having current schooling & routines in place. 

I think all should take huge amounts of praise for getting so far & draw strength of character having gone through such a rigorous & testing process....let’s face it, the majority of our youngsters do not really go through this sort of think untilt university applications! 

So good luck in your continued journeys....and I wish all keep finding joy in dance! 💜

Edited by Peanut68
Typos
  • Like 4

Our email had come through at 5.15 pm, I only found it an hour ago.  No fee remission here either.  I am surprised to be feeling quite gutted, even though this was what I expected.  Congratulations to those who have been offered it, sorry for everyone who has not been.  This has certainly been an emotional roller coaster for all of us. 

We were so excited when dd had sucessful first audition, as did not think she had much hope.  But had no idea of what would follow.  Dd is putting on very brave face, despite the fact she really does not want to go to our local high school.  We have had a chat about her deciding where she wants to take things next year-I have said we will support her if she wants to audition again next year.  But I will be going in much wiser and better prepared if we try again! 

Thanks to everyone for help and support on this forum-it has made it easier to understand the whole process and helped to know others are going through the same pain.  The dance world is clearly quite brutal, only option to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and keep on trying. If keep on trying does not work my dd may just have to be an astronomer, which is her second career choice! 

Good luck to everyone with their future journeys.  Try, try, try again!

• Like 1

So sorry to hear of the disappointments, especially as these young people have had more stresses to deal with than average this year. In some ways I think it is harder to get so close and then be unable to take up a place than it is to receive a "no" in the first round of auditions. Remember that your children have demonstrated real potential to get to this point, and that there will be more opportunities in the future.

I was watching a video with my sporty son today, in which one of his sports heroes was giving advice to young atheletes. He started by saying how those who are "the best" at youth level are not necessarily those destined for professional success. Early success, he suggested, was largely down to physical strength, with those boys who hit puberty early often winning by virtue of superior power. But, he went on to say, that all evens out with time, and indeed the late bloomers may ultimately have the edge, because they have learned superior skills, tactics and resilience as they couldn't simply rely on brute strength. He encouraged those who aren't at the top currently to keep trying whilst cautioning those who are the big winners at the moment not to become complacent and to explore their weaknesses. Obviously that advice doesn't carry over to dance precisely, but the principles certainly do. The game is definitely not over at 11, or even necessarily at 16 and disappointment today may become strength tomorrow.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Pups_mum said:

So sorry to hear of the disappointments, especially as these young people have had more stresses to deal with than average this year. In some ways I think it is harder to get so close and then be unable to take up a place than it is to receive a "no" in the first round of auditions. Remember that your children have demonstrated real potential to get to this point, and that there will be more opportunities in the future.

I was watching a video with my sporty son today, in which one of his sports heroes was giving advice to young atheletes. He started by saying how those who are "the best" at youth level are not necessarily those destined for professional success. Early success, he suggested, was largely down to physical strength, with those boys who hit puberty early often winning by virtue of superior power. But, he went on to say, that all evens out with time, and indeed the late bloomers may ultimately have the edge, because they have learned superior skills, tactics and resilience as they couldn't simply rely on brute strength. He encouraged those who aren't at the top currently to keep trying whilst cautioning those who are the big winners at the moment not to become complacent and to explore their weaknesses. Obviously that advice doesn't carry over to dance precisely, but the principles certainly do. The game is definitely not over at 11, or even necessarily at 16 and disappointment today may become strength tomorrow.

Thanks xx

17 hours ago, ponklemum said:

Any idea how late into the evening they send the emails? I’ve still not heard.

I have had had a couple of emails between 5 and 6 pm.  They don't seem to have a very systematic way of sending out the letters, as very spread out how we are all hearing back.

Hope you hear soon, and hope it is good news for you. Best of look to anyone else who is still waiting. 

Lovely post from Pups mum, inspiration for our young people to keep working and keep persisting.  x

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ponklemum said:

I emailed them earlier and I’ve just had a reply saying no fee remission for us. I’ve heard that there were literally only a handful offered out so really there wasn’t much of a chance. 

Sorry to hear that :( what year was it for ? Has anyone else still not heard or am I the only  one ? 

22 minutes ago, Miss Tutu said:

Sorry to hear that :( what year was it for ? Has anyone else still not heard or am I the only  one ? 

It was for year 8. As far as I’m aware, all the mds this year went to year 7 so unfortunately there was never a chance for dd.

Have you tried emailing them? 

2 hours ago, ponklemum said:

It was for year 8. As far as I’m aware, all the mds this year went to year 7 so unfortunately there was never a chance for dd.

Have you tried emailing them? 

I'm assuming any fee remission will also have gone to year 7 as that is really the only cohort they need and with limited funds available they will have made them a priority. All our children have done extremely well to be offered a place so I'm sure they all have great futures ahead of them whatever path they take xx

On 17/06/2020 at 11:00, Milzmam said:

I'm assuming any fee remission will also have gone to year 7 as that is really the only cohort they need and with limited funds available they will have made them a priority. All our children have done extremely well to be offered a place so I'm sure they all have great futures ahead of them whatever path they take xx

I know of a year 8 who has been given a remission and year 7 and like Ponklemum said less than any hand full given out This year out of 50+ places offered.  
Have you had a reply yet @Miss Tutu  and has anyone managed to get any feed back? Or any other good news xx